[3.19] Volatile Dead - CwC - Cyclone / Beginner Friendly Guide / Good Clear Speed / All Mods

"
De_CODEBLACK wrote:
I am streaming this build on Twitch. Come look around.

I got inspired by a similar build that was using complex mechanics like CWDT and Scold's Bridle to generate corpses. With the changes in 3.15, this CWDT setup was no longer possible. Then the Templar (Inquisitor) version of "Mirathas" appeared, now I'm bringing the build back to the Witch and find it works even better than the Templar and is also cheaper.

Pro's & Con's

+ Fun to play
+ Good clear speed
+ Kills off screen
+ Kills while moving
+ Can do all content
+ Satisfying explosions
+ Move through enemies thanks to Cyclone
+ Around 7.5k Energy Shield and Life together + 20k Armour
+ Can easy run all maps and mods (no regen maps are not fun, but can be done in the later game)

+- Press and hold two buttons

- may have FPS drops
- Medium boss killer

GEAR
Weapons choice
The best choice in my opinion is Martyr of Innocence Highborn Staff

Or The Annihilating Light but only works effectively with Mageblood Heavy Belt and a Bismult Flask. With this staff, the added resistances are only 40% effective.
For example: 10 resistance = 4 resistance /=/ 60% reduced.
No recommendation from me!

Or you can of course use a Rare Staff with for example:
#% increased Fire Damage
Adds # to # Fire Damage to Spells
# to Level of all Fire Spell Skill Gems
#% increased Burning Damage

Armours choice
We will use a Rare 6 Link Body Armour, ideally with the following prefix
+# to maximum Life
+# to maximum Energy Shield
+# to Armour

and as suffix
+# to Strengh
+# to Intelligence
+#% to ... Resistance
if you need them

Helmet choice
Crown of the Inward Eye Prophet Crown is the best choice and will be even better with +2 to Level of Socketed Aura Gems corruption and 40% increased Volatile Dead Damage enchant.

Boots choice
The Stampede Assassin's Boots are a very good choice. While using these boots, your movement speed is 150% of the base value and cannot be increased or decreased, which includes negating the decreased move speed while using Cyclone.

Gloves choice
Use a Rare Glove, ideally with the following prefix
+# to maximum Life
+# to Armour

and as suffix
+# to Strengh
+# to Intelligence
+#% to ... Resistance
if you need them

Ring choice
Using Gifts from Above Diamond Ring increases our Critical Strike chance and gives us the level 10 Consecrate skill that creates a patch of consecrated ground around us.
The other should be a Rare Ring, ideally with the following prefix
+# to maximum Life
+# to maximum Mana

and as suffix
+# to Strengh
+#% to ... Resistance
as much as you need them

Belt choice
Coward's Legacy Chain Belt in combination with a Watcher's Eye Prismatic Jewel with Unaffected by Vulnerability and the Keystone Pain Attunement is the best choice.

Amulet choice
Astramentis Onyx Amulet is very useful for us as we gather as much Strength and Intelligence as possible.
Flasks

You may need to change one of the flasks to a Bismult flask when playing with The Annihilating Light.

You should always get as close as possible to max stat.

ALL ITEMS CAN BE FOUND IN THE ITEMS SECTION INSIDE OF POB

GEM LINKS
Cyclone + Awakened Cast While Channeling Support + Desecrate + Anomalous Volatile Dead + Awakened Spell Cascade Support + Increased Critical Strikes Support
Riposte + Culling Strike Support + Life Gain on Hit Support + Awakened Hextouch Support + Divergent Flammability
Discipline + Determination + Anomalous Anger + Enlighten Support
Vortex + Culling Strike Support + Arcane Surge Support (11) + Power Charge On Critical Support
Cast when Damage Taken Support (6) + Wave of Conviction (10) + Molten Shell (13)
Flame Dash // Herald of Ash

JEWELS
Now we are moving into the area that can get expensive.
If you have decided to use the Coward's Legacy Chain Belt you should use a Watcher's Eye Prismatic Jewel with Unaffected by Vulnerability while affected by Determination. Also good is #% increased Fire Damage while affected by Anger and Damage Penetrates #% Fire Resistance while affected by Anger.

To run Elemental Reflection maps you need a Forbidden Flame Crimson Jewel and a Forbidden Flesh Cobalt Jewel, both with Allocates Bastion of Elements.

Unnatural Instinct Viridian Jewel is simply a very strong jewel that gives us a lot of advantages where we use it.

Kitava's Teachings Small Cluster Jewel should be the cheapest by far and gives us:
Every second, Consume a nearby Corpse to Recover 5% of Life and Mana
10% more Damage taken if you haven't Consumed a Corpse Recently

THE LABYRINTH
Trial of Ascendancy Location
The Labyrinth
The Lower Prison, Act 1, contains spike traps
The Crypt Level 1, Act 2, contains spinning blades
The Chamber of Sins Level 2, Act 2, contains sawblades
The Crematorium, Act 3, contains furnace traps
The Catacombs, Act 3, contains blade sentries
The Imperial Gardens, Act 3, contains dart traps
The Cruel Labyrinth
The Prison, Act 6, contains spike traps
The Crypt, Act 7, contains spinning blades
The Chamber of Sins Level 2, Act 7, contains sawblades
The Merciless Labyrinth
The Bath House, Act 8, contains furnace traps
The Tunnel, Act 9, contains blade sentries
The Ossuary,Act 10, contains dart trap^7
The Eternal Labyrint
Uber Lab no longer requires completion of the (Uber) Trials of Ascendancy. The trials are now served as a source of Offering to the Goddess.
You take the Necromancer as your Ascendancy class.

Your first notable passive skill should be:
Commander of Darkness
Auras from your Skills grant 3% increased Attack and Cast
Speed to you and Allies
You and nearby Allies have +30% to Elemental Resistances
You and nearby Allies deal 30% increased Damage
Your second notable passive skill should be:
Essence Glutton
Regenerate 4% of Mana over 2 seconds when you Consume a corpse
Regenerate 8% of Energy Shield over 2 seconds when you Consume a corpse
For each nearby corpse, you and nearby Allies Regenerate 5 Mana
per second, up to 50 per second
For each nearby corpse, you and nearby Allies Regenerate 0.2% of Energy Shield per second, up to 2.0% per second
Your third notable passive skill should be:
Plaguebringer
With at least one nearby corpse, nearby Enemies deal 10% reduced Damage
With at least one nearby corpse, you and nearby Allies deal 10% more Damage
If you've Consumed a corpse Recently, you and your Minions have 30% increased Area of Effect
Your fourth notable passive skill should be:
Corpse Pact
Corpses you Spawn have 50% increased Maximum Life
Enemies near corpses you Spawned Recently are Chilled and Shocked
2% increased Attack and Cast Speed for each corpse Consumed Recently, up to a maximum of 200%
LEVELING
If you have no idea how to level yourself, you can follow this guide, otherwise feel free to do whatever you like.
ACT 1
For leveling I like to use Freezing Pulse, try to link it with Volley Support or Lesser Multiple Projektiles Support, whichever you prefer. Then add Combustion Support to that. Try to add Support Gems in the coming acts as they fit for you.

You can use Clarity at the beginning to get Mana Regeneration.

Take Steelskin and put it on the left mouse button to use it when you move.

The Arcane Surge Support, which you collect in the very first area, will be levelled up to level 11.

As a movement skill I like to use Flame Dash, Frostblink is also a good choice as it can be used while using Cyclone later on.

You can already get these gems, but they are not actively played at the moment:
Spell Cascade Support
Increased Critical Strikes Support
Volatile Dead
ACT 2
In Act 2 you get Herald of Ash.

You will later need Desecrate, Power Charge On Critical Support and 2 times Culling Strike Support, which you can also get here.

You can also take Wave of Conviction from here, but only raise it up to level 10.
ACT 3
You can get Flammability, Vortex and Discipline in Act 3 as a quest reward or you can buy them from Clarissa.

You can then buy Riposte, Cyclone, Molten Shell, Determination, Anger and Life Gain on Hit Support from Siosa in the library.
This costs you a total of 2 Scroll of Wisdom, 1 Orb of Chance, 1 Orb of Transmutation and 2 Orb of Alteration.

Now you can already link these Gems together.
Vortex with Arcane Surge Support (max lvl 11), Culling Strike Support and Power Charge on Critical Support.
Riposte with Culling Strike Support and Life Gain on Hit Support.

The mana pool is not enough for Anger, so only activate Discipline, Herald of Ash and Determination. If you still need Clarity you can link it with Arrogance Support to reserve life instead of mana.
Arrogance Support can also be bought from Siosa for 1 Orb of Chance.
ACT 4
Buy Hextouch Support, Cast while Channelling Support and Cast when Damage Taken Support.

At this point you can switch to the final Gem setup, which should look something like this:

Cyclone + Cast While Channeling Support + Desecrate + Volatile Dead + Spell Cascade Support + Increased Critical Strikes Support

Riposte + Culling Strike Support + Life Gain on Hit Support + Hextouch Support + Flammability

Vortex + Culling Strike Support + Arcane Surge Support (11) + Power Charge On Critical Support

Cast when Damage Taken Support (6) + Wave of Conviction (10) + Molten Shell (13)

Discipline + Determination + Anger + Enlighten Support (at least level 3)

Flame Dash and Herald of Ash are played unlinked

Enlighten Support (lvl 3) can be used from level 45 onwards.
If you have the option, use these alternative versions of the Gems:
Awakened Cast While Channeling Support
Awakened Spell Cascade Support
Awakened Hextouch Support
Anomalous Volatile Dead
Anomalous Anger
Divergent Flammability
THE PANTHEON
If your Awakened Cast While Channeling Support is not yet level 5, I recommend as Major Panteon:
Soul of the Brine King
You cannot be Stunned if you've been Stunned or Blocked a Stunning Hit in the past 2 seconds

Capture Shock and Horror in Mineral Pools Map
30% increased Stun and Block Recovery

Capture Puruna, the Challenger in Atoll Map
Cannot be Frozen

Capture Captain Tanner Lightfoot in Coral Ruins Map
50% reduced Effect of Chill on you
If your Awakened Cast While Channeling Support is level 5, I recommend as Major Panteon:
Soul of Lunaris
1% additional Physical Damage Reduction for each
nearby Enemy, up to 8%
1% increased Movement Speed for each
nearby Enemy, up to 8%

Capture Tunneltrap in Mud Geyser Map
10% chance to avoid Projectiles

Capture Herald of Thunder in Arcade Map
6% reduced Elemental Damage taken if you have been Hit Recently

Capture The Sanguine Siren in Crimson Temple Map
Avoid Projectiles that have Chained
For the Minor Pantheon I chose
Soul of Abberath
60% less Duration of Ignite on You

Capture Mephod, the Earth Scorcher in Summit Map
Unaffected by Burning Ground
10% increased Movement Speed while on Burning Ground
Other good Minor Pantheons
Soul of Shakari
50% less Duration of Poisons on You
You cannot be Poisoned while there are at least 3 Poisons on you

Capture The Restless Shade in Grave Trough Map
5% reduced Chaos Damage taken
25% reduced Chaos Damage over Time taken while on Caustic Ground
Soul of Ralakesh
25% reduced Physical Damage over Time Damage taken while moving
Moving while Bleeding doesn't cause you to take extra Damage

Capture Drek, Apex Hunter in Fields Map
Corrupted Blood cannot be inflicted on you if you have at least 5 Corrupted Blood Debuffs on you
ANOINTMENTS
The Amulet should be anointed with
Utmost Might
+40 to Strength
8% increased Strength
This Anointment cost you 1 Amber Oil, 1 Azure Oil and 1 Crimson Oil.

And the boots should be anointed with
Safeguard
+6% chance to Block Spell Damage while holding a Staff or Shield
Recover 50 Energy Shield when you Block Spell Damage
+8% to all Elemental Resistances
This Anointment cost you 1 Verdant Oil, 1 Azure Oil and 1 Black Oil.

I Anoint both of my Rings with 1 Teal Oil and 1 Violet Oil, granting you:
Your Scout Towers have 25% increased Range
DEAL WITH THE BANDITS
Kill all 3 bandit leaders
2 Passive Skill Points
POB
3.18 Volatile Dead - CwC - Cyclone https://pastebin.com/K8kbxSww
3.19 Volatile Dead - CwC - Cyclone https://pastebin.com/G91UbWLu

The POB is complete up to LVL 100. At the bottom left it says ACT 10 by default, this can be adjusted to the respective Act or the next level milestone.
Q&A
Can you do all reflect maps with this Build?
Yes you can. To run Elemental Reflection maps you need a Forbidden Flame Crimson Jewel and a Forbidden Flesh Cobalt Jewel, both with Allocates Bastion of Elements.
How about no regen maps?
Since our mana pool is not particularly large, we can have problems here. If we have corpses around us to consume, then we get mana and life back, it is only problematic if we have no more corpses and cannot spawn any.
Can you please post full skill tree? The existing has only 90 points
The POB is complete up to LVL 100. At the bottom left it says ACT 10 by default, this can be adjusted to the respective Act or the next level milestone.
Don't forget to check out my stream on Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/tweednex

I hope you will have fun with my build and if you try out this build let me know in the comments how it played for you.
I wish you good Loot and Luck!
Last edited by De_CODEBLACK on Aug 31, 2022, 2:03:08 PM
Last bumped on Aug 18, 2023, 11:48:43 AM
POB is updated to 3.19 //on Aug 19, 2022
POB is updated //on Aug 27, 2022
Last edited by De_CODEBLACK on Aug 27, 2022, 5:45:22 AM
This Build and Guide is just Love <3333

Thanks for sharing
Last edited by Jostine on Jul 3, 2022, 7:21:00 PM
Hey, Is this build designed specifically for beginners who have just entered the maps? Or can I close uber bosses by collecting items from your POB?
"
Kopiluk wrote:
Hey, Is this build designed specifically for beginners who have just entered the maps? Or can I close uber bosses by collecting items from your POB?

Also wondering this.
Still afew low lvl gems but overall the clear seems OK but the single target is terrible. I find that curse almost never procs especially when really needed, probably need to go over the pob and check I havnt missed something important.

Edit: I hadn't missed anything. Bailed on the build, goodluck anyone trying this out for anything other that OKish mapping.
Last edited by facelessman122 on Jul 6, 2022, 12:52:10 PM
"
Still afew low lvl gems but overall the clear seems OK but the single target is terrible. I find that curse almost never procs especially when really needed, probably need to go over the pob and check I havnt missed something important.

Edit: I hadn't missed anything. Bailed on the build, goodluck anyone trying this out for anything other that OKish mapping.

i don't know what your problem is or was, but i had no problems at all clearing maps and kill the bosses.
"
Jostine wrote:
"

i don't know what your problem is or was, but i had no problems at all clearing maps and kill the bosses.

I had no issue clearing maps, it maps well the issues I had centred around bosses excluding normal map bosses.

Good on you if you had no issues, no clue how you managed it. My gear seemed at least as good as yours. I had higher gems including a lvl21 anon VD and VD enchanted helm and 14 more lvls on you.

Last edited by facelessman122 on Jul 8, 2022, 6:31:52 AM
Yea my single target was horrible too. Thought I was missing something as well on POB. I'm a new player so the campaign wasn't going to be a breeze anyways but until I atleast had my cyclonedesecrate/volatile dead gems linked up it wasn't fun lol.

Onto mapping now and getting items, its gotten gradually better. I still have issues and wondering why certain things don't work or if they are working but otherwise Fun build and very cool to use. Getting their was a pain though
I'm doing Tier 12+ fine so far. Y'all might not know that your Vortex should be on your left key. It does a good chunk of damage as well. The Unnatural Instinct jewel is soooo expensive though so that's a no go for me.

It's not an instant boss killer but it does decent damage overall. A decent league starter for sure.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info