[3.24] 41 million DPS perma-flask Poisonous Concoction | Pathfinder

Last edited by t0lkien on Dec 29, 2022, 10:04:56 PM
Last edited by t0lkien on Dec 29, 2022, 10:04:40 PM
"
t0lkien wrote:
"
RodRoda wrote:
What kind of Pantheons do you recommend using? I don't see it anywhere on the guide nor pob. Or is it a pick and choose type situation.

Yeah, it's really pick and choose. There is nothing in the Pantheons that synergizes with the build particularly. I currently use Lunaris and Abberath - Lunaris for the projectile protection, and Abberath for the burning ground protection (burning ground is so obnoxious right now it's worth an entire Pantheon to avoid it).

We are quite vulnerable to degen so I liked the idea of Arakaali, but I couldn't tell if it did anything, and I noticed the absence of Lunaris immediately.

I recommend acquiring the full Pantheons whichever you pick. It's worth it.

Alright cool thanks a bunch!
How do you get all the auras up. nothing I can do will let me get them all up...reserves way to much mana %.
"
Nyghthawk wrote:
How do you get all the auras up. nothing I can do will let me get them all up...reserves way to much mana %.

I've uploaded my current loadout to the Gear section so you can see. Essentially you need:

The helmet is the most important piece of mana reservation tech in the build. Then (for the final Witchfire Brew version) you will also need:

A Ring of Nostalgia with Increased Mana Reservation Efficiency for Herald of Agony, as well as:

... a jewel with 3% (max) mana reservation efficiency.

You need a level 3 Enlighten Support gem for every version except the Witchfire Brew double curse version, which requires a natural level 4. The helmet boosts it to level 5.

The trickiest thing about the build is balancing the mana reservation. If you are struggling you can also enchant your Amulet with Sovereignty (the pre-Witchfire version does this, as you can see from the PoBs).

If you are still having trouble, post your PoB here, or hit me up in game when I'm online (IGN Kemistry).
Last edited by t0lkien on Jan 3, 2023, 2:34:25 AM

Not sure how to post a POB EDIT: here https://pastebin.com/P7JHy4gk, but I also have Gem

Conquerors Efficency
3% reduced mana cost of skills
4% increased skill effect duration
4% increased mana reservation efficiency of skills

This leaves
Determination with 28.76%
Purity of Elements with 28.76%
Harold Of Agony with 16.57%
Clarity with 27 total mana

That is 74.09% reserved. 25.81% remaining.
This does NOT allow me to reserve Haste (28.76%).
Last edited by Nyghthawk on Jan 3, 2023, 1:33:06 AM
Welcome to the build, by the way. I hope it works for you.

Going by your PoB, your helmet is not 4-linked and you have Purity of Elements in your gloves (suffering from a 1.1x mana reservation penalty via the Culling Strike gem). Purity of Elements, Haste, and Determination need to all be socketed in the Helmet with an at least level 3 Enlightenment Support gem. Also, make sure you are only using Vaal Grace as a Vaal skill triggered, and not trying to run Grace as a continual aura (I presume you are, but just in case). The build can't support Grace as well as the others - which is why it's used as a Vaal skill. You could if you wanted to swap out Haste for Grace, and use Vaal Haste, but I've never thought the tradeoff was worth it.

As you're on Standard, I would use a Replica Conqueror's Efficiency jewel for the -mana benefit as well. Standard still has access to a few things that could really help (including 4% mana reservation gems).

You have Corruption on your Amulet, when you probably need to have Sovereignty.

Take a look at the PoB's carefully and try to follow the linking and gem placement more closely. It requires careful management to fit everything in, and almost everything is where it is for a specific reason. Not that it can't be improved, but you have to get it working first.

Your tree looks pretty good.
Last edited by t0lkien on Jan 3, 2023, 7:54:21 AM
My pob shows cruelty is a good choice, but no build uses cruelty.
Is pob misscalculating something or do i miss something?!
A last red socket would be very nice for my next chest...

https://postimg.cc/svk0YWxW

"
Rodman_Exile wrote:
My pob shows cruelty is a good choice, but no build uses cruelty.
Is pob misscalculating something or do i miss something?!
A last red socket would be very nice for my next chest...

If you A/B the other available support gems, you'll see Cruelty - while giving a reasonable amount of added damage - is not as good as any of them.

So for example, compare it to Vicious Projectiles (or Awakened Vicious Projectiles). Cruelty gives less DPS while having a larger mana multiplier.

Also, I suspect the actual value in game of the added damage would be even less because it requires a hit. Most of Poisonous Concoction's damage is from poison AoE i.e. there is no on hit for most of the mobs it affects (you can see the "Hit DPS" in the left hand column in PoB).

You could try it out and see for yourself though. PoB isn't always correct.
Last edited by t0lkien on Jan 3, 2023, 8:08:42 AM
"
t0lkien wrote:
Welcome to the build, by the way. I hope it works for you.

Going by your PoB, your helmet is not 4-linked and you have Purity of Elements in your gloves (suffering from a 1.1x mana reservation penalty via the Culling Strike gem). Purity of Elements, Haste, and Determination need to all be socketed in the Helmet with an at least level 3 Enlightenment Support gem. Also, make sure you are only using Vaal Grace as a Vaal skill triggered, and not trying to run Grace as a continual aura (I presume you are, but just in case). The build can't support Grace as well as the others - which is why it's used as a Vaal skill. You could if you wanted to swap out Haste for Grace, and use Vaal Haste, but I've never thought the tradeoff was worth it.

As you're on Standard, I would use a Replica Conqueror's Efficiency jewel for the -mana benefit as well. Standard still has access to a few things that could really help (including 4% mana reservation gems).

You have Corruption on your Amulet, when you probably need to have Sovereignty.

Take a look at the PoB's carefully and try to follow the linking and gem placement more closely. It requires careful management to fit everything in, and almost everything is where it is for a specific reason. Not that it can't be improved, but you have to get it working first.

Your tree looks pretty good.

I have NO idea why or how the POB is linking that way.

Ok that is NOT my POB....

HERE is my POB https://pastebin.com/US7cTsyh

And All I was missing was the Sovereignty on my amulet. Thanks! Will work towards your final build some more!
Last edited by Nyghthawk on Jan 3, 2023, 10:28:23 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info