[3.24] 41 million DPS perma-flask Poisonous Concoction | Pathfinder

"
t0lkien wrote:
So, things are looking halfway positive for the new league. We'll see.

After days of flip-flopping between PConc, poison Seismic Trap and Venom Gyre, I think I've decided I will run PConc all the way. I love the skill and have never really pushed it that far, so your thread gives me some great ideas. And I will be doing some Heisting, maybe a Replica Farrul's comes my way. ^^
FINALLY IT'S LUPUS!
"
After days of flip-flopping between PConc, poison Seismic Trap and Venom Gyre, I think I've decided I will run PConc all the way. I love the skill and have never really pushed it that far, so your thread gives me some great ideas. And I will be doing some Heisting, maybe a Replica Farrul's comes my way. ^^

It's a really solid league starter if nothing else, and if you like the playstyle can definitely go all the way. Don't forget Majordan's version - it's a phenomenal bosser.
Last edited by t0lkien on Dec 8, 2022, 11:52:14 PM
Why do we have +1 Endurance Charge on Boots? I dont see any way we produce any charges.

Also really like the build. Been enjoying it. Still lacking some dmg but only ubers left. Kinda missing how I can get my dmg even higher.
Last edited by Xiozil on Dec 16, 2022, 3:05:19 AM
"
Xiozil wrote:
Why do we have +1 Endurance Charge on Boots? I dont see any way we produce any charges.

Also really like the build. Been enjoying it. Still lacking some dmg but only ubers left. Kinda missing how I can get my dmg even higher.

You get Endurance Charges from the chest (Replica version - the normal version gives Power Charges which don't benefit the build).

I'm still liking the build too, though I'm taking it much slower than you! You're already pretty much build complete (which is crazy - congrats). I'm looking at your PoB now to see if there's anything I can suggest to boost your damage.

UPDATE:
1. You are probably dropping Frenzy charges because you are missing the necessary Increased Duration nodes (and the possible 15% implicit on your Circle of Nostalgia), particularly because you are running the boots which really hurt in that regard. If you're also running Malevolence, the Increased Skill Duration on the gem has the effect of extending the chest's Aspect of the Cat cycle which then increases the Charge Duration you'll need to stop charges dropping (which is part of the reason I stopped running it - I found Haste to be better overall even if it's a lower DPS in PoB). All of that's going to really impact your damage and movespeed, and the defense you generate from the charges via items.

You lose so much when Frenzy Charges drop, it's really important to keep them up. The build is built around them. To check that, you should never hear the "pop" from Aspect of the Cat. If you do, your charges are dropping (you will see the orbs disappear visually as well, though it can be hard to tell with the way they animate and all the visual noise).

2. You need to get a bit more AoE. Right now you're at 22 which is enough for 9 projectiles, but you have 10 with Awakened GMP, so really need ~24 to ensure overlap on single targets.

3. You could improve your amulet - a +2/Damage Over Time Multiplier amulet is a significant DPS boost (I suspect this will bring you up much closer to 30 million).

Neither of the first two things will impact your DPS score in PoB, but they are crucial for making the build actually work in game. I've got you at 22+ million DPS right now in PoB, which seems a little low for what you have. I haven't pushed the build to endgame yet myself so don't know if there have been any stealth nerfs that impact us. I'll return to this if I figure it out and let you know.
Last edited by t0lkien on Dec 18, 2022, 7:35:03 PM
Thanks a lot for the reply!

Gonna try to fix the things you mentioned. Also need to replace my chest for the replica version.

I dont play with Malevolence atm. I tried Haste and it feels way smoother.
"
Xiozil wrote:
Thanks a lot for the reply!

Gonna try to fix the things you mentioned. Also need to replace my chest for the replica version.

I dont play with Malevolence atm. I tried Haste and it feels way smoother.

YW. I have never done Ubers with the build, but I'm sure they're possible without too many problems. Let me know how you go. I probably won't ever do them as I don't enjoy their intentionally overly-punitive mechanics.
Last edited by t0lkien on Dec 21, 2022, 12:54:02 PM
What kind of Pantheons do you recommend using? I don't see it anywhere on the guide nor pob. Or is it a pick and choose type situation.
Last edited by RodRoda on Dec 28, 2022, 7:08:11 PM
"
RodRoda wrote:
What kind of Pantheons do you recommend using? I don't see it anywhere on the guide nor pob. Or is it a pick and choose type situation.

Yeah, it's really pick and choose. There is nothing in the Pantheons that synergizes with the build particularly. I currently use Lunaris and Abberath - Lunaris for the projectile protection, and Abberath for the burning ground protection (burning ground is so obnoxious right now it's worth an entire Pantheon to avoid it).

We are quite vulnerable to degen so I liked the idea of Arakaali, but I couldn't tell if it did anything, and I noticed the absence of Lunaris immediately.

I recommend acquiring the full Pantheons whichever you pick. It's worth it.
Last edited by t0lkien on Dec 29, 2022, 4:29:43 AM
Excellent build and construction, even a while ago I spoke to you in the game, I was even going to buy a shield that I was selling, however, I ended up losing your contact in the game. But let's go:

I'm in the last part of the build construction, I already got the AWK and Unnatural Instinct, however, I didn't understand in the Helmet, you have 5 gems, do you use Malevolence?

Follow my pob below: https://pastebin.com/rZvmY15f
*Mítico Trader*
Precisar trocar suas currency po Exalteds e Mirrors? Deixe comigo! Enquanto você farma eu converto para você!

Discord: NerdMitico #5115
Yes, I remember! I hope it's all working out for your league.

The Malevolence gem in the Helmet is just there for convenience. I swap back and forth between it and Haste (which I use) in PoB to check my DPS progress. Malevolence is actually a big DPS boost, but it requires some Frenzy Charge Duration shenanigans to run, and we're slower to boot.

Also, this league the Malevolence version tends to push the build over the hard poison cap (~35 million), and so there isn't really any benefit to running it. Haste just feels better all round, and leaves a bit of a ceiling for more DPS.

I suspect Malevolence is the best bossing choice if you haven't hit cap, though, especially if you can get a "Damage Over Time Multiplier while affected by Malevolence" Watcher's Eye (rare as hen's teeth with the other mods we use).

Regarding your build, everything looks really good. You could improve your belt (get increased chaos damage if possible), your amulet (damage over time multiplier + possibly another +1 to gems, though I think this league that's not necessary as we will already hit cap without it eventually, and it's very expensive as well as costing us a +Life mod). One of your rings should have the mod "Herald of Agony has #% increased Buff Effect" if possible - the other should have "Increased Chaos Resistance While Affected by Herald of Agony". That combination of rings seems to give the most DPS and adequate chaos res, although whatever suits your particular needs is fine.

I think the ideal ring is a rare with +Life, -mana, and a +1 to Maximum Frenzy charges. However, that's a 40+ div ring minimum, if you can even find it.

These are mine currently:

You can also get a nice DPS boost from your shield if you can find one with an open Prefix, and slam it with a Crusader's Exalted Orb - the damage mod is then guaranteed (as long as all the suffixes are full). I also Beast corrupted my shield for the added defense, though that does limit the flexibility of being able to change the resistance type (via Harvest crafting) if necessary later:

You're at almost 22 million currently. Do all that and then get an Awakened GMP, and you'll be close to damage cap. After that it's just a Replica Faruul's Fur - though that is another 20 div currently. I have about 40 div of upgrades to go myself.
Last edited by t0lkien on Dec 30, 2022, 2:32:32 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info