[3.24] 41 million DPS perma-flask Poisonous Concoction | Pathfinder

"
BowWizard wrote:
If I did get one of those would I still need the Gain # Energy Shield per Enemy Hit stat on a jewel or can I drop that as well?

You don't need it, but I think you'll find yourself running out of mana/ES a lot if you don't have it. Totally up to you though. That mod solves the only potential problem the build had (running out of mana on bosses).
"
t0lkien wrote:
"
BowWizard wrote:
If I did get one of those would I still need the Gain # Energy Shield per Enemy Hit stat on a jewel or can I drop that as well?

You don't need it, but I think you'll find yourself running out of mana/ES a lot if you don't have it. Totally up to you though. That mod solves the only potential problem the build had (running out of mana on bosses).

OK. I managed to pick up a 4/20 awakened enlighten support gem in standard for a very good price. I assume I slot it into the helmet. I think I can get a jewel with the Gain # Energy per Enemy Hit plus keep the fire and lightning resistance. Will see how it all goes tomorrow. If a Watchers with mana reduction comes on the market at a decent price I’ll upgrade that. Slowly but surely getting there. Greatly appreciate all the advice 👍
"
t0lkien wrote:
"
BowWizard wrote:
At what point should I move to the Witchfire 2 curse setup ?

Okay, this is where it gets tricky. You either need #% Increased Mana Reservation Efficiency of Skills on your one rare jewel, or you can get enough +mana on the rare jewel and your abyssal jewel to cover the 5 reserved mana you are currently missing, in order to drop your current anoint for Whispers of Doom. BTW, you will need much more than 5 more mana to do that, as it's heavily reduced by all the reserved mana stuff. For you it's about another +150 mana across all your gear to get to 0 unreserved. It may not even be possible, in which case you'll have to go the jewel mod route. OR you could get a level 4 Awakened Enlighten Support, but that's crazy big bucks.

For reference, I have 1 mana unreserved without having to get Increased Mana Reservation Efficiency because I have a bit more +mana than you. It's a tapdance, but it's more than worth it - once you make the switch you will be almost damage capped (you'll be at ~41 million DPS, up from 28).

P.S. I highly recommend getting Gain # Energy Shield per Enemy Hit with Attacks on your rare jewel as well. It will completely solve any mana/ES issues you have while attacking. As you are currently missing the -mana cost mod on your Watcher's Eye and Amulet, you are probably going to need it.

OK I now have a level 4 Awakened Enlighten Support gem in the helmet (goes to level 5 of course). I anointed Whispers of Doom and slotted in the WitchFire Brew flask (with Used when Charges are full). For some reason I still do not have enough mana to run HoA, Determination, Purity of Elements, Clarity and Haste.

I thought with the Awakened Gem I would be covered to run 5 auras without needing #% Increased Mana Reservation of Skills as per the comment

"
OR you could get a level 4 Awakened Enlighten Support, but that's crazy big bucks.

"
P.S. I highly recommend getting Gain # Energy Shield per Enemy Hit with Attacks on your rare jewel as well. It will completely solve any mana/ES issues you have while attacking.

I still run out of mana, but that may be because I am clicking unnecessarily like a maniac :-)

Latest POB looks like this (I decided to keep the evasion instead of extra speed because my eHP dips otherwise and I can live without the extra extra speed) - https://pastebin.com/Dn3tf5ia

(I think DPS is just over 40M which I'm pretty happy with. Getting thick skin will push my health over 4k.)

Edit:I managed to pick up Watcher's Eye with -10 to total mana cost while affect ed by clarity and 7% chance to block attack damage while affected by determination, so I guess I might not need the Gain # Energy Shield per enemy Hit with attacks now (which might make it easier to solve my reserved mana issue if I don't need a jewel this this property anymore). I lost 30 life but I think I'll be able to make that up elsewhere eventually.
Last edited by BowWizard on Mar 4, 2023, 12:01:40 PM
OK have switched to using 3 cluster jewels, do feel a little more squishy but that could be my imagination.
Swapped Malevolence for Haste, definitely an improvement i think.
Get more damage from using +1 frenzy/vulnerability on hit Snakebite gloves but i think that 10% reduced frenzy charge duration loss is not worth it so will stick with Asenath's gloves.
Finally i see Withered is no longer used on a totem setup?
Seeing how i am too slow to use a travel skill would it be an advantage to try to use it again?
I am not using it now as i have run out of Chromes trying to get 4 reds on my gloves.
If there is anything i am obviously going wrong let me know please.
Thanks again.
"
EDMOSES wrote:
OK have switched to using 3 cluster jewels, do feel a little more squishy but that could be my imagination.
Swapped Malevolence for Haste, definitely an improvement i think.
Get more damage from using +1 frenzy/vulnerability on hit Snakebite gloves but i think that 10% reduced frenzy charge duration loss is not worth it so will stick with Asenath's gloves.
Finally i see Withered is no longer used on a totem setup?
Seeing how i am too slow to use a travel skill would it be an advantage to try to use it again?
I am not using it now as i have run out of Chromes trying to get 4 reds on my gloves.
If there is anything i am obviously going wrong let me know please.
Thanks again.

Are you sure you posted to the right build guide. The gloves should be 3G1B for Snakebite and the implicits should be +1 to maximum frenzy charges/curse enemies with temporal chains on hit. Not sure why you're trying to get 4R on gloves, there are only 3 red gems in the setup, two of which are in boots. The other one is in the helmet. There is no totem setup as part of this build afaik.
"
BowWizard wrote:
Are you sure you posted to the right build guide. The gloves should be 3G1B for Snakebite and the implicits should be +1 to maximum frenzy charges/curse enemies with temporal chains on hit. Not sure why you're trying to get 4R on gloves, there are only 3 red gems in the setup, two of which are in boots. The other one is in the helmet. There is no totem setup as part of this build afaik.

Ed's using a slightly different build. There are similarities and so our experiences with this build can be helpful, but it's not the same in a lot of areas.
"
t0lkien wrote:
"
BowWizard wrote:

Ed's using a slightly different build. There are similarities and so our experiences with this build can be helpful, but it's not the same in a lot of areas.

Ah got it. My bad !
Yeah my bad - sry.
Builds i have been sort of following as well as this have a Spell totem linked to a Wither gem.
I do not use a movement type skill so i can put a wither and spell totem in my boots. Along with CWDT and molten shell means 3 reds. My mistake by saying 4 reds, was only 3r 1b.
Sorry for confusion.
"
EDMOSES wrote:
Yeah my bad - sry.
Builds i have been sort of following as well as this have a Spell totem linked to a Wither gem.
I do not use a movement type skill so i can put a wither and spell totem in my boots. Along with CWDT and molten shell means 3 reds. My mistake by saying 4 reds, was only 3r 1b.
Sorry for confusion.

There's absolutely no need to apologise. I'm the dopey one.
"
BowWizard wrote:

I thought with the Awakened Gem I would be covered to run 5 auras without needing #% Increased Mana Reservation of Skills as per the comment

Does one of your nostalgia rings have a decent HoA reservation efficiency roll?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info