An Interview with Developers about ExileCon and Uber Boss Design

Nice, I got something to watch with dinner in 30 mins now.
Exilecon, even with the massive monster buffs come Metamorph league was the beginning of Peak PoE and climbing til 3.15. They announced poe 2 and poe mobile, they couldn't be touched to say the least. Ahhh those were the days.
"
Awesome interviews! I heard Chris say something about Path of Exile 2 being a standalone game? Will it no longer be the same game as Path of Exile 1?

It will still be the same game and have the current endgame (in some form). You will be able to choose the POE1 or POE2 campaign then both will end in the Atlas
Le Toucan Will Return
I saw myself in the video!
"
sirgog wrote:
"
Awesome interviews! I heard Chris say something about Path of Exile 2 being a standalone game? Will it no longer be the same game as Path of Exile 1?

It will still be the same game and have the current endgame (in some form). You will be able to choose the POE1 or POE2 campaign then both will end in the Atlas

This. POE2 is a fancy name for a mega patch that brings even more changes than the last megapatch 3.0. Technically it's patch 4.0.

Comparison:
3.0 (new acts (50% copy pasta) + pantheon)
4.0 (new gem link system (massive change),new ascendancies,completely new campaign)

Better visuals will be implemented gradually over time in the 3.x series, at least better animations and reworked player hubs. Not sure if new character models before 4.0.

Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
Last edited by gandhar0 on Jun 16, 2022, 4:14:32 AM
After watching the dev team completely ruin the core game by inserting Archnemesis modifiers into it, then cutting and running on ANOTHER league......... I have absolutely no hope what so ever for POE 2.

POE has already become the side-chick to Lost Ark, I dread to see what Diablo 4 does to the numbers still playing the game when that is released. Diablo 4 could be completely terrible, but with the state POE is in right now, it probably wouldn't even matter.
yeeehaaa
Exilecon is still the most wonderful gaming memory I've had. And New Zealand is such a beautiful place.
IGN: JerleNecroDD/JerleNecroRuthless
Harvest is the BEST league EVER. Deterministic crafting ftw.
How will POE2 and POE coexist?
Last edited by Jerle on Jun 16, 2022, 7:11:27 AM
Why not showcase the boss fights on a melee build? :D
"
McHearty wrote:
I saw myself in the video!
K. That's really cool!
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info