[3.22] Shockwave Cyclone Build | Occultist | Trial of the Ancestors | Path of Exile 3.22

Hey guys, here is the str stacking shockwave cyclone occultist build. I've played this build in expedition league but that was non-crit version. This time I wanted to try crit version.
Using Replica Alberon's Warpath Boots and this item gives us "Adds 1 to 80 Chaos Damage to Attacks per 80 Strength". We build around this item. We can only deal chaos damage and occulist is a great for choice for that.

Non-Crit Version: https://youtu.be/YcOWgo5UG00

Build Cost
- Hight Budget: +50 ex

Split Personality: We can use two of them. Check the video or pob to see where you put them.
+5 to Strength
+5 to maximum Life

Fortify: Overlord (Large cluster)

Lethal Pride: Names or numbers don't matter. Just look for 5% increased Strenght mod.

Eyes of the Greatwolf: I had one with "26% increased Attributes" and " 40% increased Spell Damage" mod. Attribute mod is required, try to get higher rolls. For the second mod: (If you can't find one with the spell damage)
- (19-31)% increased Chaos Damage
- (20-30)% increased Attack Damage
- (40-50)% increased Global Critical Strike Chance
- (6-10)% increased Attack and Cast Speed
- (8-12)% increased maximum Life
- +(24-36)% to Global Critical Strike Multiplier

Leveling: You have to level up with something else. I recommend you level with spellslinger ed/contagion with 6l blight setup until level 68 or 70. Leveling gems and trees are in the video.

Leveling Uniques:
- Tabula Rasa
- Poet's Pen
- Praxis (x2)
- Goldrim
- Lochtonial Caress
- Belt of the Deciever
- Karui Ward

PoB: https://pobb.in/0be1L5jDAwVb

Skill Tree: http://poeurl.com/dSw9

Build Video: https://youtu.be/Lt5wVMat9Ls

Bandits: Kill All

3.19 CHANGES:
- The Replica Alberon's Warpath Unique Boots now has +13-19% to Chaos Resistance (previously +9-12%), and 25% increased Movement Speed (previously 20%).

3.20 CHANGES:
- The Occultist's Profane Bloom Notable Ascendancy Passive Skill no longer provides "Your Hexes can affect Hexproof Enemies." It now provides "Cursed Enemies you or your Minions Kill have a 50% chance to Explode, dealing a quarter of their maximum Life as Chaos Damage" (previously 40% chance).
- The Occultist's Malediction Notable Ascendancy Passive Skill has been renamed to Unholy Authority. It no longer provides 15% increased Effect of your Curses, or "Enemies you curse have Malediction." It now provides "Your Hexes can affect Hexproof Enemies."
- Brawn unique jewel is no longer obtainable. Use a rare jewel with strength and crit multi instead.
- Curse changes:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3323944#curses

3.21 CHANGES:
- 1% increased Attack Damage per 16 Strength (Removed)
- Natural Authority now provides 20% increased Warcry Buff Effect (previously 30%), and causes Enemies Taunted by your Warcries to take 8% increased Damage (previously 6%).
- Molten Shell now has "Buff can take Damage equal to 10% of your Armour, up to a maximum of 5000" at all gem levels (previously 20% of your Armour, up to a maximum of 10000).
- Vaal Molten Shell now has "Buff can take Damage equal to 20% of your Armour, up to a maximum of 10000" at all gem levels (previously 30% of your Armour, up to 30000).

(Footage is from 3.17)

Gear:

Gem Setup:

Cyclone - Shockwave - Void Manipulation (Awakened) - Increased Critical Strikes - Increased Critical Damage - Pulverise

Vaal Ancestral Warchief - Withering Touch (Divergent) - Multiple Totems - Ancestral Protector

Summon Skitterbots - Enlighten (Lvl 3) - Purity of Elements - Blood and Sand

Leap Slam - Lifetap - Assassin's Mark - Mark on Hit

Molten Shell (Lvl 12) - Cast when Damage Taken (Lvl 4) / Battlemage's Cry

Blood Rage / Precision (Lvl 1) / Berserker
Last edited by wishdropper on Aug 16, 2023, 9:49:38 AM
Last bumped on Aug 26, 2023, 11:26:49 AM
Looks fun, can you give a quick walkthrough of how you are using the various skill gem mechanics?
Hectic builds man, played explosive concoction build you did awesome leveling through to end game this looks mint.
Why spell damage on the amulet? I thought you were doing chaos damage to attacks.
"
tomathy521 wrote:
Why spell damage on the amulet? I thought you were doing chaos damage to attacks.

Battlemages Cry Gem
yea, what about it
Hey.

Just waned to say awsome build, im currently running it atm.
But looking at the youtube video @Gems in the skill tree, i see u run a different route than you have on the PoB.

Into Attack Mastery, any way you can update the PoB for 3.18?
Hey dude!

This build looks really cool and really motivated me to start playing this league. I know its not really a good league starter but how well does this build perform early maps without replica alberons warpath and maybe ill go regular alberon for some extra strength. I wanna swap already as soon as i hit level 72 or something.
Btw I'm pretty sure you can go secrets of suffering to get brittle for ez crit and still get the double damage on chill from skitterbots
What are the projectiles in this build ?

why do we put points in projectile speed and dmg instead of life / res in the tree ?

i'am a bit confused...did i miss something ?
"
h311raiser69 wrote:
What are the projectiles in this build ?

why do we put points in projectile speed and dmg instead of life / res in the tree ?

i'am a bit confused...did i miss something ?

I know it's a months old question, but just in case someone else might be wondering:

We don't have projectiles. This is exactly why we take these two small passive nodes.
The Unnatural Instinct unique jewel renders these two allocated projectile nodes useless, while giving us all other unallocated small passive nodes in range (like the res ones and the block ones, etc.)

Edit:
I just realized you were talking about the projectile passive nodes below the Duelist, apologies.
OP took these because of their Lethal Pride, for a total of +24 Strength and 5% Increased Strength for these 2 passive points. This is way better than anything else on the tree, for only 2 points.

If you do manage to get %Strength on "Cloth and Chain" (res node) or on "Defiance" (shield node) with your Lethal Pride, then either one of these would be better ("Defiance" is the best if you are res capped).

If you don't have %Strength on any of them with your Lethal Pride, you can use these 2 points anywhere, really, wherever you see fit.
Last edited by Jeedify on Sep 18, 2022, 12:14:19 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info