Between Season Race 29: 3 Hour Cutthroat

Level restrictions for invading instances is REQUIRED for a game mode like this to work for anything longer than very few hours (3 hours was already pushing it farther than it can support while keeping it fun) and should be implemented soon. Also the timers on portals and disconnect/log-out. I heard those would be implemented soon but without level restrictions it will be completely pointless to play if you're not early and pretty good at rushing content.
One idea I had when finding someone to find later in the race started getting really annoying was..

Each person can only see instances of other people in a similar level bracket in normal(lvl 1-10, 11-20, 21-30 etc). So if I go to terraces as a lvl 26 I would only see terrace instances of lvl 21-30. In cruel it could be 15 lvls a bracket instead of 10. In merciless 20 lvls.. or maybe no bracket thing at all for merciless..
General Racing Guide for Act 1
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/366585
Also my Bear Traps never have been intended for low levels.

I would have killed several more same level players if some level 10 didn't step into my traps.

Banditquest is an issue and bad mannered play aka beating kids(low players)

Imo it would be better to show only instances around the same level.
The Way potions scale woulde be fine too.
0-3 4-9 10-13 14-17 because it is impossible to survive a level 18 ambush with level 12.

gg ran frenzy/flicker spamm with a short bow.. got alot of ppl mad was hella fun

had like 4 stashes full of rares lmao...

More of these races !!! alot of room for creative builds
"
Powster wrote:
One idea I had when finding someone to find later in the race started getting really annoying was..

Each person can only see instances of other people in a similar level bracket in normal(lvl 1-10, 11-20, 21-30 etc). So if I go to terraces as a lvl 26 I would only see terrace instances of lvl 21-30. In cruel it could be 15 lvls a bracket instead of 10. In merciless 20 lvls.. or maybe no bracket thing at all for merciless..

That's a good idea! +1

Had not too bad desync for the most part, a few major cases here and there, but not every 5 min like normal, I think I only died to desync once. Had several close calls though. Only played about half of it, seemed like its a game of who can freeze who first 90% of the time. You get frozen and you die, unless you log out of some bs. Still needs a lot of tweaking I think, the xp gains didn't seem right, I'm not sure I got any for the kills I had at all. It was actually fun for the first hour or so though. Nothing like getting frozen by a glacial hammer from like 6+ feet away, but its nice to freeze someone who decided to come into your instance too. The first death I had was actually someone I just killed, they came back and froze me in one cast. I am a bit surprised that the levels didn't get very high, everyone was really trying to pvp I guess.
They shouldn't do anything about Town Portals; that is their function to teleport back to town.

The same way you would teleport back to town to avoid defeat in PvE is the same here. In order to justifiably nerf TPs in cutthroat you'd need to change the mechanics of TPs to only work 'when out of combat' and it'd have to translate to PvE. As it stands, using TPs to escape hairy situations is an existing game mechanic.

As for logging to escape death, that is pretty lame. But it's lame in general that that exists in PvE. I get that it is a game mechanic and you are not always able to react that quickly to use it and die, but it's not in keeping with the spirit of hardcore.
@ucsarge
Last edited by ucsarge on Apr 15, 2013, 4:24:16 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info