Zizaran’s Class Gauntlet Event Starts on April 1!

,.-~*´¨¯¨`*·~-.¸,.-~*´¨¯¨`*·~-.¸,.-~*´¨¯¨`*·~-.¸,.-~*´¨¯¨`*·~-.¸,.-~*´¨¯¨`*·~-.¸

Arrite, buckle up, we got a skippin-work, toked-up, shower-thought wall-of-text here

I have a suggestion for (more of?) a different kind of event, one meant for more broad participation. These big events are super exciting and awesome for those who can participate at that level, and they make a lot of money for the devs, which I think is extremely vital for the game in general, so I definitely approve.

But for me, ....I've never even played SSF, so even that would be a challenge for me all by itself. The idea of trying one of these, and kinda doing ok, but not really getting any prizes that I would enjoy much... that would feel so bad, so that really keeps me away. I only have so much time/inclination to play, so my way of dealing with that is to try to make sure I keep my playtime focused on a single goal, and do my very best all season. (This is new, I used to just "do whatever" and it ended up feeling empty to me, and like I was holding myself back from experiencing more/different content. it's working so far!) So an event that would (likely, in my mind) feel like a 'waste' (no goal progression, and no prize that truly entices) is not an option for me, if I still want it all to be fun.

A few mystery boxes I could buy for $10-20 bucks isn't going to motivate me. Cool wings? 20 boxes? Or even better, "Something I could choose from a short list, that I wouldn't otherwise afford/justify" -- THAT would help a lot! About half of the MTX you offer don't appeal to me at ALL, I do like a little color in my life.

I'd even be cool with "Supporter Pack Event", you know? If someone has purchased a supporter pack of any kind for a given season, they can participate in the fun event, geared for like, merriment, rather than go-go-go play at a high-to-excellent level. If I knew the event would be fun, and I'd get something potentially higher value than what I paid, that'd be super motivating!

"Silly" events would be MONEY.

"Shrine-a-polooza", (All shrine effects are permanent, except you are automatically given the shrine effect every single time you SEE a shrine, and you can only have 3 at a time, rolling)
"Rogue Exiles Gone Wild" For every piece of gear you're wearing, there are 5 rogue exiles per area, five and six-links count for 3)
"OOPS! ALL GOATMEN" The funniest videos ever, and interesting to see how the builds are then built to deal with this, open trading league)
"Play with a friend only" or like,
"All damage doubled" ("get further in the game than you ever have before! Get motivated to aim for the stars in normal league! Event-facilitated education for players on how to find and follow a build guide, folks don't know about this, if they're pretty casual. If they're a new player, it could get them hooked! PoE players would encourage their friends to try it out, it's a way to build your player base, costs you nothing!)

░▒▓▒░▒▓▒░▒▓▒░▒▓▒░▒▓▒
"OOPS! ALL GOATMEN"
░▒▓▒░▒▓▒░▒▓▒░▒▓▒░▒▓▒

-These would garner so much more interest for the general unwashed masses such as myself, which has to be most of your player base, right? I assume so?

It'd be generating engagement that is currently being totally un-mined. No players that-I-know have ever participated in any of these power events. =/

Anyway, just some thoughts, I don't want to change anything that's already goin' on, it's sweet that some players can have this extra zing.

I'm jealous, is all. I want something that'd be both fun and enticing for me (and probably for jillions of other casual players, the hype and participation would be so much more voluminous) you know?

ty for reading

,.-~*´¨¯¨`*·~-.¸,.-~*´¨¯¨`*·~-.¸,.-~*´¨¯¨`*·~-.¸,.-~*´¨¯¨`*·~-.¸,.-~*´¨¯¨`*·~-.¸
If there were more deterministic rewards at level brackets I'd check this out.

Random draws are just too low chance with a playerbase of this game's size.

If it were something like 20 rogue exiles per zone, HC race (and NOT SSFHC) I'd check it out, and group with some randoms for the rip lols / lol rips.

Just cranking numbers on enemies and setting a time limit is pretty generic, imo. That's like, a new Diablo 3 season level of effort. :P

Thanks but no thanks. Best of luck to those who are participating though!
Last edited by dizz on Mar 25, 2022, 5:33:05 PM
Huhuhuhu, only 10 days. XD

My favorite part of the league is here!!!
Nice!
"All that fancy sword swinging when all you need is one good stab."
"
Sykora wrote:

Arrite, buckle up, we got a skippin-work, toked-up, shower-thought wall-of-text here

I have a suggestion for (more of?) a different kind of event, one meant for more broad participation. These big events are super exciting and awesome for those who can participate at that level, and they make a lot of money for the devs, which I think is extremely vital for the game in general, so I definitely approve.

But for me, ....I've never even played SSF, so even that would be a challenge for me all by itself. The idea of trying one of these, and kinda doing ok, but not really getting any prizes that I would enjoy much... that would feel so bad, so that really keeps me away. I only have so much time/inclination to play, so my way of dealing with that is to try to make sure I keep my playtime focused on a single goal, and do my very best all season. (This is new, I used to just "do whatever" and it ended up feeling empty to me, and like I was holding myself back from experiencing more/different content. it's working so far!) So an event that would (likely, in my mind) feel like a 'waste' (no goal progression, and no prize that truly entices) is not an option for me, if I still want it all to be fun.

A few mystery boxes I could buy for $10-20 bucks isn't going to motivate me. Cool wings? 20 boxes? Or even better, "Something I could choose from a short list, that I wouldn't otherwise afford/justify" -- THAT would help a lot! About half of the MTX you offer don't appeal to me at ALL, I do like a little color in my life.

I'd even be cool with "Supporter Pack Event", you know? If someone has purchased a supporter pack of any kind for a given season, they can participate in the fun event, geared for like, merriment, rather than go-go-go play at a high-to-excellent level. If I knew the event would be fun, and I'd get something potentially higher value than what I paid, that'd be super motivating!

"Silly" events would be MONEY.

"Shrine-a-polooza", (All shrine effects are permanent, except you are automatically given the shrine effect every single time you SEE a shrine, and you can only have 3 at a time, rolling)
"Rogue Exiles Gone Wild" For every piece of gear you're wearing, there are 5 rogue exiles per area, five and six-links count for 3)
"OOPS! ALL GOATMEN" The funniest videos ever, and interesting to see how the builds are then built to deal with this, open trading league)
"Play with a friend only" or like,
"All damage doubled" ("get further in the game than you ever have before! Get motivated to aim for the stars in normal league! Event-facilitated education for players on how to find and follow a build guide, folks don't know about this, if they're pretty casual. If they're a new player, it could get them hooked! PoE players would encourage their friends to try it out, it's a way to build your player base, costs you nothing!)

░▒▓▒░▒▓▒░▒▓▒░▒▓▒░▒▓▒
"OOPS! ALL GOATMEN"
░▒▓▒░▒▓▒░▒▓▒░▒▓▒░▒▓▒

-These would garner so much more interest for the general unwashed masses such as myself, which has to be most of your player base, right? I assume so?

It'd be generating engagement that is currently being totally un-mined. No players that-I-know have ever participated in any of these power events. =/

Anyway, just some thoughts, I don't want to change anything that's already goin' on, it's sweet that some players can have this extra zing.

I'm jealous, is all. I want something that'd be both fun and enticing for me (and probably for jillions of other casual players, the hype and participation would be so much more voluminous) you know?

ty for reading

tl;dr
Just 1300 mystery box by random draw? You cheap bastards.

I'll pass.
"
Gackuto wrote:

I'll pass.

Says a dude that cares only about free stuff... Like for real, do you guys play only for the free shit or something?
In my opinion it is WAY better with guaranteed reward/s at a certain threshold, instead of a random draw (or together with a chance to win something bigger). Because it feels like a lottery.

And you don't ever assume you will win a lottery. The chances are just abysmal. So if you don't have alot of money to spend (in this case TIME) you just won't play instead.

That is my take atleast
"
kuciol wrote:
"
Gackuto wrote:

I'll pass.

Says a dude that cares only about free stuff... Like for real, do you guys play only for the free shit or something?

getting at least a free box makes the struggle of getting through the acts feel more worthwhile, especially if you don't end up winning a raffle.

normally I play in the gauntlets to at least get a box and see how far I can get... but I am not going to stress myself out this time around to get likely absolutely nothing.

the other MTX in the raffle is pretty meh to.
Kind of silly to have an event being promoted "officially" like this but have it require all kinds of hoops involving a community discord and video proof for boss kills, isn't it? You'd think these things could be handled server side.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info