3.17.2 Patch Notes Preview

"
Kirknes wrote:
"
The number of Prefix and Suffix modifiers on an item is no longer preserved when rerolling modifiers using an Eldritch Chaos Orb.

why is this listed under improvements

It's literary nerf.
So no fix for people that are missing a voidstone. This is a big handicap for those trying to push hard content to try to get a headhunter or what not. Probably stop playing this game since no one appears to care to fix this issue since its been a problem day 1.
hard mode when?
I had a lot of fun with 3.16 but this time I think I won't even make it to 24 challenges, let alone 32+. I got bored already. League mechanic is really crap. It's the worst I ever played, I don't play much because my first league where I actually hit endgame was Ultimatum.

But this mechanic? It's clunky af. There's a million different fragment types dropping, you use them in tier 2 recipes, then tier 3 recipes and then tier 4 recipes. It's frustrating, you can't memorize this crap, even if you work your way through like 50 maps to actually craft the most complex modifier the rewards are often utter garbage. They're generic, there's nothing exciting about them.

Scourge was so much better than this. I just ran maps and cooked other maps in my krangle-oven. These maps were hyper rewarding if RNG favored me, otherwise just rewarding. Expedition was the best league mechanic, but bad patch. Ultimatum was great too - simple challenges, no thought process needed, you just fight through waves.

See you in May-June then. I'm done with this stupid league. Might play some standard if I feel like it.
holding quality of life at gun point
Is it possible to show what modifiers we have clicked from the altars for eater and searing influenced maps? Or do we already have that and I'm just blind
"Fixed a bug with Kirac Missions where Shaper- and Elder-Influence was not applying correctly to Maps."

Is this limited to Kirac only or does this apply to any Elder or Shaper Influence seems to behave buggy?

Reason I ask is that I tried multiple Elder and Shaper Influence scarabs on maps and did not drop any influienced item (tried with 10 Maps so far).

I have even asked two players that can run really juiced maps (they havve the 5th slot for the map device) They both used the Influence scarabs in the setup but both of them had no influenced item. (we speak of 4 Test runs here).

I would just like to know if this is a bug and the above might fix that. As I have played in Ritual league and had not run many Guardian maps (maybe 3) but have almost 2 Full Inventory tabs with Influenced items of Elder / Shaper and that looks really odd to me. As I specifically tried to farm influenced items this league and it is honestly a little disheartening.

Thanks in advance.
Always on Advanced mods is the worse things ever. just let people toggle it
"
Rhys wrote:
"
horuswar wrote:
No news about Dancing Dervish AI ? Maybe it's too much a niche item after all :(

This was already fixed in 3.17.1.

Now I know I am on console and console opinions don't really matter, but I'll give this a shot because my build is unplayable. The clip is a little jumpy because of my internet and Twitch, but I'd say this is not fixed? This is with Feeding Frenzy Support socketed into the sword.

https://www.twitch.tv/xcoldxf4te/clip/DignifiedAmazonianCodArsonNoSexy-Iny9SeTMsH4yqJPJ

The Swords are completely ignoring enemies and not even hitting them with 100% accuracy. At least they actually "somewhat" work on the PC version of Path of Exile and I say somewhat because I've seen countless examples of this not being the case especially when the Swords are now getting the nickname "The Dancing Derpish" taken from one of Ghazzy's recent videos regarding the weapon. But on console the AI is completely Broken and the minions don't even move. I showed this clip to GhazzyTV on his stream and his reaction describes it perfectly because everyone hates this new AI that was a Dancing Dervish minion user in previous patches, 3.16 was better In my opinion might be different for others but the minions actually worked and felt good to use instead of the swords ignoring you and jetting off to the other side of the map while you die because you were left to the wolves. This was my favorite weapon to use and now its pretty useless.

So as another user said on this forum is this too much of a niche item and build to be fixed or is the Dancing Duo community just supposed to accept this "change/nerf" on the functionality of our beloved item.
Last edited by xCOLDxF4TE on Mar 6, 2022, 1:40:58 PM
"
xCOLDxF4TE wrote:
"
Rhys wrote:
"
horuswar wrote:
No news about Dancing Dervish AI ? Maybe it's too much a niche item after all :(

This was already fixed in 3.17.1.

Now I know I am on console and console opinions don't really matter, but I'll give this a shot because my build is unplayable. The clip is a little jumpy because of my internet and Twitch, but I'd say this is not fixed? This is with Feeding Frenzy Support socketed into the sword.

https://www.twitch.tv/xcoldxf4te/clip/DignifiedAmazonianCodArsonNoSexy-Iny9SeTMsH4yqJPJ

The Swords are completely ignoring enemies and not even hitting them with 100% accuracy. At least they actually "somewhat" work on the PC version of Path of Exile and I say somewhat because I've seen countless examples of this not being the case especially when the Swords are now getting the nickname "The Dancing Derpish" taken from one of Ghazzy's recent videos regarding the weapon. But on console the AI is completely Broken and the minions don't even move. I showed this clip to GhazzyTV on his stream and his reaction describes it perfectly because everyone hates this new AI that was a Dancing Dervish minion user in previous patches, 3.16 was better In my opinion might be different for others but the minions actually worked and felt good to use instead of the swords ignoring you and jetting off to the other side of the map while you die because you were left to the wolves. This was my favorite weapon to use and now its pretty useless.

So as another user said on this forum is this too much of a niche item and build to be fixed or is the Dancing Duo community just supposed to accept this "change/nerf" on the functionality of our beloved item.

Got similar problem with Animate Guardian, feeding frenzy eqipped, got shot to death by enemy and while I was alive, taking multiple hits, the AG just went to enemy and turned back to me without even hitting the enemy. Line of sight given (got shot to death) path for AG given (AG goes to enemy, but turns back). Not very aggressive minion.

Also got a poor video from my phone, but too lazy to upload somewhere and link ...

Edit: I'm on PC
Last edited by cashiopayanini on Mar 9, 2022, 11:40:05 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info