Weapons Question

I've been told during a beta stream theres white, blue, yellow, brown and red, maybe someone can confirm
Last edited by Inzy on Aug 20, 2011, 2:38:45 PM
Would that be in order of item value?
The devs said (chris posted it at some point) that they are trying to make unique (red/brown) and yellow items equally viable, the red are supposed to fill a specific niche whereas the yellow ones round out your character at the end game.

Since items don't have a direct gold value and only have a value compared to other items its hard to give a valuation of one type of item over another, however its very likely that unique and yellow items will be the most sought after seeing as they have the most and most varied modifiers.
"
omega22 wrote:
The devs said (chris posted it at some point) that they are trying to make unique (red/brown) and yellow items equally viable, the red are supposed to fill a specific niche whereas the yellow ones round out your character at the end game.

Since items don't have a direct gold value and only have a value compared to other items its hard to give a valuation of one type of item over another, however its very likely that unique and yellow items will be the most sought after seeing as they have the most and most varied modifiers.

Yes hopefully they go through with that plan.
Kagamine ~kyun
I have seen brown(Unique), yellow(Rare), blue(Magic) and whites. Most equipment slots can have quality (1-20%) and sockets (1-6 depending on the piece).

I have never found a brown, but people have linked them and they are generally pretty one-purpose items like mentioned. There's boots that have terrible stats, but 35% movement speed just as an example.
"
Ranko wrote:

Set items would be brilliant, but hopefully they aren't as hard to obtain as they were in say D2.

Why? That's just another aspect that makes it better when you find them. Also, D2 Sets are the ONLY sets IMO, sets in other games are bland.

"
Ranko wrote:

Hopefully they won't make us wear items with stats that increase the chance of magic items dropping or anything.

Again, why?
MF Gear is great and there's plenty in this game (also +Quantity [love GGG] )
The gear in this game looks too be even more varied and abundant than D2.

I know I've been waiting since D2, but it's getting unbearable now.
IGN: Cadmus / Valgar

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info