Lore Stories: Siege of the Atlas

That for sure is really is inspired from the work of lovecraft.

Is the "lightkeeper" father of maven the strongest of them all and the one that have made those rules for them to battle this way to not destroy reality ? it's seems that is what the envoy is implying
To vanquish without perils is to triumph without glory.
Love the direction the lore is going, Lovecraftian horror is one of my favorite genres
Dang, who put lore in our boom-boom gambling simulator!
i like envoy character, his voice and enigmatic text.
"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
Matt, I think you've done an incredible job slowly building up this aspect of POE's world and story. There's nothing I dislike more than when the stakes are raised incredibly high but it doesn't feel "earned".

Making it so that the exile is a "champion" of one of the Eldritch beings really helps you feel somewhat grounded in the story despite the stakes being incredibly high (reality itself, etc.). A lot of works struggle when they get to this point!

I also love the reasoning of "championing" being the way these entities interact with each other lest the reality cease to exist. It's a clever and neat way to explain why these infinitely smaller beings and battles matter.

The Tangle is an especially horrifying thing to imagine. I can't remember it exactly but I think I remember The Infinite Hunger sounding almost upset at being denied death which really drove home for me their existence is just endless and eternal suffering.

I know most people blow past the lore, voices, and dialogue but it's maybe my most favorite thing about playing POE. Shoutout also to the incredible voice acting, audio production, and art that really tie all the themes together.

What about Lightkeeper and Chaos? Like Lightkeeper was Progenitor, creator of Cleansing Fire
I love the lore of this game so god damn much!
I wish you guys would do something like this every week.
Confront those who dare obstruct the transmission of your information with swift rejection, for they sit silently obsessing over your submission.
L OMEGALUL R E
I always wonder what kind of insane beings are out there for real in our universe...hopefully nothing as crazy as what we see in-game and in the movies.

So many PoE players don't care or pay attn to the lore at all or bother to stop and read through the text.

Love how you guys gave the Maven more character development too. I also wonder if the Scourge NPC, 'The Last To Die' has anything to do with the main story or will be returning in some form.

RIP - Heather O'Rourke

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info