Effects Feedback Thread (Spells ,Waterfalls ,Falling leaves ect.)

I once fired my ice spear at a group of bears all standing very close together, and the shatter animation and sound effect played about five times in close succession, making it look as though one bear had shattered several times, which I thought seemed appropriate considering the bear's size and "chunkiness". I think it might be nice if bigger enemies shatter multiple times in quick succession when they die while frozen.
Last edited by Strill on Feb 16, 2012, 8:16:48 AM
Waterfalls: I must say the waterfalls i've seen throughout the first two acts are some of the best water effects i've seen in a game. Most waterfalls in games don't look realistic. The ones in PoE look amazing. As someone who likes photographing waterfalls in real life, I appreciate the effort taken to make them look so damned good.

Plant life: I really liked some of the texture and color variation on types of plant life in some of the forest areas in Act 2. Even more of that would be nice, just to give the world some color. Just because its an ARPG doesn't mean everything needs to be grey and dark. The little blue lichen like plants near the end of Act 2 were really sharp looking and really added some nice feel to the zone.

hmmm iv actually got to fix some of the waterfalls. Glad you like the current ones though. Im still not entirely happy with them :(
I like all the fluffy animals[img]http://i.imgur.com/mO8dR.png[\img]
y im slept?
Just wanted to second Mortalys on the water effects in the game. My wife walked by while I was playing the other day, and told me they were the best she has ever seen in a game!

I also really like the areas in the some of the caves where water is dripping down through the ceiling. Even with a relatively old graphics card it looks wonderful.

Keep up the great work!
Was waiting for a party member to join and was watching your waves coming in and going out - they're pretty cool and quite realistic! Made me think about the way points. Would love to see the them getting a facelift by adding an effect - I know they were discussed elsewhere but I cant find the thread :( Sorry...

I really like their current shape and colour and how they blend in but wondered if the bit that goes white when you click could have one of your awesome effects added, could look pretty cool shimmering like showing the original wp as it is but shimmering/rippling it on mouse hover instead of whiting it out - sort of like when you put your finger in water (but contained), um like heat shimmering over it.

oops that posted twice - please delete sorry :)

and thanks for the stash Russell :P
"
Was waiting for a party member to join and was watching your waves coming in and going out - they're pretty cool and quite realistic! Made me think about the way points. Would love to see the them getting a facelift by adding an effect - I know they were discussed elsewhere but I cant find the thread :( Sorry...

I really like their current shape and colour and how they blend in but wondered if the bit that goes white when you click could have one of your awesome effects added, could look pretty cool shimmering like showing the original wp as it is but shimmering/rippling it on mouse hover instead of whiting it out - sort of like when you put your finger in water (but contained), um like heat shimmering over it.

That ocean effect was built when I wasn't here by Johnathan(lead programmer). Its a little out dated and could look better yes. Id love to make it look better but need Johnathan to have some spare time in order to do that :P

Way points are getting an effect. In fact they are already made. Just need mark to hook them up so they show up in game : )

Oh I completely forgot I did that chest thing. Ahhh you're welcome?
y im slept?
Tis the little things that count :D Appreciate it - no more sudden unexpected trips to the Terraces for me :P

Cool for the Wp's - Looking forward to seeing what you all have come up with :)
Any idea when you might get the tech to do bloom/trails?
PM me in forums if you need any help!
Malice's Newbie FaQ: http://tinyurl.com/72wrafn
"
Sarganym wrote:
Any idea when you might get the tech to do bloom/trails?

No idea sorry : ( It pains me too!
Some of the silly long work arounds I have to do...
y im slept?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info