Effects Feedback Thread (Spells ,Waterfalls ,Falling leaves ect.)

"
Russell wrote:
Thats the plan haha.

2 monsters are getting variations of it as well.

As you probably already know, Cleave needs some work too ;D I would gladly pay for an alternate (better) effect for Cleave and Leap Slam :D Maybe a Leap Slam that grows plants on impact, or a pink puff of smoke like those used on stage or or or, I dono D:
IGN : Ericaa
My Store! /108685
My Rain of Arrows Evasion build guide! https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/791798
Twitch! http://www.twitch.tv/samfishersam
Different effects/animations/movements for melee characters in the cash shop is something im waiting to spend my points on :)

The spell effects so far look sweet, but theres not much for the melees yet, apart from glowy weapons.

Some kind of setting to tone down the quantity of spell effects would be very appreciated.

When grouping you just need 1-2 people that play the wrong spec to turn your entire screen into a permanent firework, which makes it a bit hard to follow what's going on.

Also, to counter the mobs/other players being covered under explosions, would an option to enable permanent outlines around friendlies/enemies be something that could be considered? I'm a bit desperate sometimes for some way to see what's happening under the spell effect spam :P

(and sorry if this has already been answered and I didn't search in depth long enough!)
IGN: EthInvictus

Trading Forums Enhancer: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/244736
Some kind of temporary effect when activating a waypoint would be nice. Like maybe a little cloud of particles lifting of the platform?

Like now you click on it, and there is no sound or visuals, just the wolrd map shows up and it's not very intuitive or 100% clear that you got the waypoint. You just get used to knowing that when the panel opens up, the waypoint should be active on your map.
"
DeF46 wrote:
Some kind of temporary effect when activating a waypoint would be nice. Like maybe a little cloud of particles lifting of the platform?

Like now you click on it, and there is no sound or visuals, just the wolrd map shows up and it's not very intuitive or 100% clear that you got the waypoint. You just get used to knowing that when the panel opens up, the waypoint should be active on your map.

We actually have an "activated" state for the portals (its a spinny blue effect thingy). It sadly just never got added.
I like all the fluffy animals[img]http://i.imgur.com/mO8dR.png[\img]
y im slept?
"
Russell wrote:
(...)
We actually have an "activated" state for the portals (its a spinny blue effect thingy). It sadly just never got added.

You mean like you didn't have the time to add it yet? Either way looking forward =)

Perhaps a little off topic but still art related, have you considered changing the saturation/hue of the health pool or mana pool when a potion is active? Since there are useful mods attached to life/mana flasks that would be helpful. I think simple visual cues like that really help players to improve their game by understanding better what happens and learn to time and use flasks in a more skillful way.
Is there a reason why the portal must be blue?
Did you consider other colors like red or purple?

Maybe you could add portal colors as microtransaction!?
I am hoping to see some form of effect control as a option that we can enable or disable effects for performance reasons. I currently run a summon/aura witch. At first I had 1 aura up, then 2 and so on. Each aura I add drops my fps to where I really notice the strain on my system. I do not have the worst system nor the best. In the event of future control on effects. I am looking forward to being able to modify them between characters that I play.
Shortly. Full party 3 members with GMP/LMP lightning arrow and some other casters == literally HEADACHE. Why can`t lightning arrow just shoot a nice small arrow with some lightning around it, why the hell does it have to summon a lightning from the sky? What if 6 rangers GMP LA. it starts to hurt my head just from thinking about it. I mean, skill effects on normal diff are ok, then u get to mercy its just ridiculously scaled to the point of FPS drops from 40-60 to 1-8, and headaches at maximum. Going for krippSMash challenge...

Please tune down visual efects of all spells/range skills and auras.
If i get to party with 3+ people you cant see what is hapening and it makes your eyes hurt.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info