[Camera] It's too close!

"
xxnoob wrote:
I can see plenty around my character, I don't know what you want this game to be.

to be at least 15-20% zoomed out... and I think I'm not the only one
"
Dalmatian wrote:
"
xxnoob wrote:
I can see plenty around my character, I don't know what you want this game to be.

to be at least 15-20% zoomed out... and I think I'm not the only one

Nope you are not the only one. I would love a 15-20% increase in zoom level.

Play Diablo 2 or look at some screenshots. The area around an Amazon is at least 15% more then around a Ranger in POE.
i tryied the stress test the last weekend , and the camera was the only thing that bugged me a lot, as i mostly play ranged type classes .. it needs to be zoomed out a bit and maybe the angle to be lowered a bit . . .
Last edited by grscorpion on May 16, 2012, 8:11:33 PM
I can't paly like this. It might be a bit better with widescreen monitors (16:9) but I have/prefer a big ass 4:3 CRT.

Is there any chance for inreased zoom in the future?
Agreed with the OP. The camera's are for most other ARPGs are zoomed out much more.

On a side note, is there any way to disable the scroll wheel in game? I keep zooming in everytime I hit middle mouse because mine is too sensitive.
I agree, mouse wheel get me sometimes and the FOV is a little tight for my taste. I run at a lower res to smooth out any subtle chop on the screen edges, it doesn't change the FOV for me at all.

THE CAMERA IS TOO DAMNED CLOSE!!
The current camera zoom is the ONLY thing that makes me not want to play this game. I totally love the look and feel of it, but this is by far the most annoying thing.

When I saw the recent huge patch mentioning ZOOM, I was so excited, tried it and realized it only lets you zoom in. Maybe the developers could allow a further zoom (15-20% as suggested by others) in beta and give it a try, see what the feedback is like.

Take a look at the major competitors of PoE, they all have much smaller characters on the screen, allowing further targeting of enemies which greatly benefits ranged classes as well as feels better when exploring.

Even Titan Quest had a much further zoom than PoE. Please at least give us your reason for not allowing it. I sure would love to know as this is the main complaint I have about the game.
Last edited by vastvenin on May 24, 2012, 2:27:41 PM
As far as I remember a dev stated that zooming out is harder to realize than zooming in.
I think if they had to render more the game won't run so smoothly anymore.

I'd love some zooming out (especially as an archer or mage, but I love too, that I can play a modern game with decent graphics on a 4 year old PC whitout any client lags.
After latest patches its quite ok, I'd like another two steps for zoom out to see more ... but anyway is better.

Another thing is an angle which I don't like much. I'd like to have a possibility to set it in some steps (dungeon siege 2 solution is best of the best... rotating, zooming, changing angle)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info