PVP is Kill Right? Anyone from last league know?

After seeing Exilecon and PoE II I had to take a break for a few leagues because I really want to eat and claw people and that is not out yet.

My question is if I should even bother with the upcoming league if all I care about is leveling up and PVP'ing in Sarn Arena & 1 v 1 matches

Questions:

1. Did they really get rid of dodge, meaning Resolute Technique bypasses any evasion characters?

2. No PVP mention in the patch notes = everything is beyond repair?

3. Is anyone still actively PVP'ing in leagues?
3b. Is it the same folks who only play cowardly off screen button spam stuff?

Thank you for your time,

- Aodui

(while away I've been playing Carnal Instinct, and running around in real life in chainmail and chain preparing for the fall of society, I'll come back if PVP is real, or when some sort of lycanthrope skills is released)
Last bumped on Sep 15, 2022, 1:51:59 PM
- league pvp is mostly populated by bebinch creating 10 characters using mines, arrakali and what s not.

-1 vs 1 is beyond repair people are using ultra wide screen to see spwan, some other in sarn are using new undetectable maphack radars to see names on minimap.

-std is all the above + infinite vaal skills.

No pvp mention in the patch note probably because none is playing anymore probably because ultrawide screen feel like playing against an approved official cheat.

no fog-of-war or screen resolution lock make pvp&royal a pay2win game.

Forum pvp
Last edited by lolozori on Jan 29, 2022, 5:52:24 AM
what a shitshow
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
"
lolozori wrote:
-

Thank you for the update

"
Rupenus wrote:
what a shitshow

Agreed

---------------

At least we had some fun in the past

I wish Chris or someone from the development team would chime in on what their plans are for PVP in the future so we could either look forward to something or know for certain that this game has gone the way of Diablo III, a low-t pale comparison to games from the 90s

Sad
"
Aodui wrote:

3. Is anyone still actively PVP'ing in leagues?
3b. Is it the same folks who only play cowardly off screen button spam stuff?

3. i stopped pvping in league . ggg doesnt add new fun stuff for pvp or at least mtx prizes for pvping in league , and i think some of the guys in the top 10 are the same account fighting his fake accounts to up in the ladder

3b. this happen in standard too , same guys with the same aoe cowardly stuff , spawn killing in sarn arena using a widescreen and his RMT gear

"
lolozori wrote:

No pvp mention in the patch note probably because none is playing anymore probably because ultrawide screen feel like playing against an approved official cheat.

no fog-of-war or screen resolution lock make pvp&royal a pay2win game.

I hope that one day ggg pay attention to the pvp forum and give us a fog of war , I wasn't playing poe for like 6 months and pvp state still the same
Haven't played POE for 5 years and amazed that PVP is still in poor state. I will check again in 2027.. Hope it will be better by that time.
This the last legacy thread of PVP? We may have never been a big community but we were dysfunctional and always one step away from a domestic violence charge. As a New Zealander, I like to think this was what little Kiwi spirit remained in GGG rubbing off on you all, the best poe had to offer. PVP was always on life support, guess none of us thought to write a will.
"That's nice cupcake" ~ Rlowe, 1984 - RIP in pieces, least we 4get
"""Everyone is an asshole and I'm awesome" ~ Mygalomorphae, 2016" ~ philophil, 2016" ~ Mygalomorphae, 2016
"Fuck." ~ Rlowe, 2017
"...post-ironic thread..." ~ Rlowe, 2017
"
Alpha_Dragon wrote:
This the last legacy thread of PVP? We may have never been a big community but we were dysfunctional and always one step away from a domestic violence charge. As a New Zealander, I like to think this was what little Kiwi spirit remained in GGG rubbing off on you all, the best poe had to offer. PVP was always on life support, guess none of us thought to write a will.

With the second ExileCon announced, I am on the fence on if I want to fly out and pay to attend. For me it is about $3k USD in total for the adventure.

Last time I went hoping for something about PVP and left mostly disappointed, but I did get to shake Chris's hand and let him know that I was really interested in PVP. Seeing PoE2 also made me less excited about PoE because we currently lack lycanthropes.

I keep holding out hope that with PoE2 they have some plan, some idea, to bring in PVP elements for players using their main characters with their main gear (not some pre-made, low level, or PVP gear alternative).

I guess I have a few days to decide, but the PVP patch notes have been extremely sparse the last few releases, and the game has many ways to make certain offenses and defenses absolutely meaningless, and allows players to go super wide and short on their display to see farther than opponents, I imagine that they have zero employees dedicated to PVP based on what we have been seeing, unless they are all working on PoE2 or mobile.
Last edited by Aodui on Aug 14, 2022, 3:48:31 PM
haven't played poe in years now, but i thought i'd check the pvp forum.

lolz.

oh, well.
[Removed by Support]
"Your forum signature was removed as it was considered to be inappropriate and a breach of our Code of Conduct."

...it was quotes. from the forum. lolz!
with the recent reddit drama those sarn minimap hackers might finally get banned.
Forum pvp

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info