Game Balance in Siege of the Atlas

At last !! Enough of chaos, DoT and mines..
Recommend visiting physical damage as well
Last edited by omarmoustafa on Feb 3, 2022, 4:27:35 AM
looks good
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead
"
roundishcap wrote:
game still sucks, when are you going to fix crafting, drops, league mechanics stacking too much, lag, servers disconnecting during sirius, maven, and elder at higher rates, all of the skill gems at 1% of builds at the end of the game, Trade scams, bot spams, insta deaths, wall clips, unlootable items, lag spikes, monsters bleeding and poisoning for way too much damage in an unintended manner, monsters bleeding and poisoning for way too much damage at an intended manner, flasks using too many charges, flasks using not enough charges, memory leaks, and Chris Wilsons ego.

Fucking preach!!!!!
Your strength is the law !!

MadG poe on youtube for mellee content
hey, look, teh sentinel patchnotes :-)
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
MrSparkle001 wrote:
"
rekikyo wrote:

Just linking Multiple Totems literally brings you from 1 totem to 3.
Tree has another 1.
Templar has another 1.

That's 5.

Back 6 or so leagues ago the number was 2-3.

There is a shield mod that can give +1. I've never used it. Soul Mantle was always good enough. 5 totems is what you had to settle for if you didn't have your Soul Mantle yet, but once you did and you acquired your other items your totem build suddenly shot up in damage and could be considered good enough for some late game content.

Losing that +1 totem is a pretty big nerf to Soul Mantle. Now all it really does is free up a gem slot in exchange for having to negate the cursing. Nobody will use it now.

It went from a unique that was often a required part of a totem build to a unique only good for vendoring or just leaving on the ground.

Sorry, bit late to the party, but..

RIP Soul Mantle.

It has had a good run despite a hard life, and received far more use than I ever expected it would. Probably still a decent-ish unique in some ways, just not entirely as designed. I can't speak for endgame "viability".. was never my thing. Never did collaborate on the design for a second unique and no idea now what would be worth all the effort - long past any reasonable time for that anyway.

Soul Mantle was supposed to add +1 totem, mostly for those on the right side of the tree (especially for attack gems), and did until it was restricted to Spell Totem when Totem was split. Soul Mantle was made much weaker with this restriction, or at least had its audience cut in half and most of the intended audience cut out entirely.

The curses were the negative tradeoff for the "very powerful" (at the time) +1 totem mod. They became, I think, more of an engine to scale up damage than a negative to the player. Perhaps around the time of Self-Flagellation and subsequent curse effect mitigation? Not sure.. I started losing track several leagues ago. This curse manipulation likely pushed Soul Mantle well beyond where I expected it to be "viable".

PoE's a very different game now than it was when Soul Mantle was originally designed, so I can understand a need to make fundamental changes to any unique/gem. I mean, remember when PoE wasn't aoe or bust? Seems like a forever ago - RIP Viper Strike.

Presumably there are still builds that can make very good use of Soul Mantle's remaining abilities. A 7L totem buffed by curses ought to still be pretty damn strong. Sorry your favoured builds got broken and probably never did get the mtx to work with Soul Mantle's totems.

Epic artwork remains, at least.

Long live Soul Mantle.
"
Durentis wrote:
PoE's a very different game now than it was when Soul Mantle was originally designed, so I can understand a need to make fundamental changes to any unique/gem. I mean, remember when PoE wasn't aoe or bust? Seems like a forever ago - RIP Viper Strike.

Yes and that's why I don't play it anymore. I came back briefly and did enjoy the game again but in proper fashion they started nerfing my preferred builds and playstyles like they did before, so uninstalled again.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info