Will Scourge Become a Core Path of Exile Mechanic?

"
rekikyo wrote:

One of the biggest problems most mid tier players have is managing a 6L. Scourge fixed that. At a cost.

you're making this up with a strawman because you want easy 6-links yourself. it's a broken mechanic if you can make one with a few clicks and you know it.

getting a 6-link is trivial. you can randomly get one in vaal side areas (recolor on the bench if necessary or use different gems), you can farm div cards, you can farm a tabula in blood aquaducts. if you need a specific 6-link unique that can't be substituted, then use a 5-link for a while or maybe change your ambitions to a build appropriate to "mid tier players". that's not gatekeeping, it's common sense. or just buy one in trade league.
See, 15 pages and no one rly care about challenges here.
Why should we? Maby 3.16 is one of the borest patches balance-wise? Scourge is just a part of this whole mess. I usually do 36. Not fun in current game state.

Hoping here 3.17 will be better!
Glad it's gone. Curious what the next mechanic will be...
I will be relevant again - orb of fusing
I honestly wouldn't mind Scourge staying.... but as with other leagues, it would first need to be 'smoothed out'

Honestly, I doubt anyone would miss the long and boring process of scourging items. Sure, scourged maps are somewhat fun, but they are currently broken as hell and make a joke out of the prices of most goods - since you can get like 10x more essences or stuff from a single scourged map that you get normally. They need to go.

Tainted currencies are awesome, but without scourge maps, the realistic way to drop them would be ONLY inside Vaal areas or Incursions (it would also make the both of them not as useless as they are now - at least past day 1)
"
rekikyo wrote:
"
Walkiry wrote:
Man, I had forgotten just how dishonest you are in your posts.

Quite honest.

Behold:

"
You just built cookie cutter melee boss farmers.

You literally don't have a clue what you're looking at, do you?

"
In fact, even in standard, you don't have Atzoatl items. You just built builds people told you could run without significant gear.

Exhibit 2 of you not having a clue what you're looking at.

"
How would you know how common successes are?

25% double implicit.
25% all white sockets.
25% brick to rare.
25% poof

Literally on the tin.

"
Most people are experiencing outright gear wipes in Atzoatl about 50% of the time, rare transformations 25% of the time, and 10% are all white sockets, 10% are no change, and only 5% are double corrupting.

Another made-up BS response. Keep lying please.

"
1) Harvest hasn't taken care of rares since ritual.

LOL. Lucky value rerolls are the best way to Divine up a rare BY FAR. Which is what I was addressing.

(Trimmed a bunch of irrelevant BS)

"
The point is huge, because YOU are the one claiming there's a false equivalency between 2 failure systems when in fact now you're saying there isn't.

The point I made FROM THE BEGINNING is that Vaaling takes 5 seconds and Temple takes a couple of minutes. Success/failure rate is irrelevant because that was never the discussion. You kept insisting it's weird how people don't complain about losing items to Vaal/Temple. I rightly pointed out how much simpler and faster Vaal/Temple are. Don't get lost in your own BS and then try to push it on me, that's all you pal.

"
Can't buy it if no one's farming it or selling it. Even now minimum price for a T3 Locus without any other serious rooms is 1.5 Ex.

Nobody is selling, but here's the price for things available RIGHT NOW that apparently aren't really for sale.

My god, you're a special kind.

"
Just like buying someone else's Scourge work is someone spending time to do it.

Wait, you can buy an item that'll give you a T3 scourge right away or after a single map? News to me.

"
4) Krangle clear takes me about an extra 40 secs per map unless there's a boss. I'm sorry you don't clear fast.

That's almost as much as a quick clearing of the map. So my point stands.

"
Who cares since it's giving you XP, Gem XP, and items all the same?

Your point was that farming for Temple was slowing down Sirus, Maven, etc. Now you suddenly "don't care" that you're slowing down Sirus, Maven, etc. because you get XP and shit? So would farming Alva (which you don't have to do). As per usual, dishonest to the core.

"
5) Very Relevant, since it's included in a failure craft system.

Irrelevant, because there's no other way to enhance gems. The krangler can't modify them. It's a massive red herring, and you know it.

"
6) You're just trying and failing (LOL you wish) to shut down legitimate points about systems people don't seem to have a problem with - with worse results than scourge.

And I noticed you completely avoided addressing the fact that you outright lied about my post in your previous one, claiming I avoided talking about the Temple. Good going.
Last edited by Walkiry on Jan 12, 2022, 2:21:50 AM
Thank God it's not! Better bring back Ultimatum!
:)

so sad by this news
I enjoyed the league. Very violent and fast paced, exactly what I wanted/ expected from a POE league!
I hope to see some of the art assets (monsters) in-game at a later date!
"
Matahashi wrote:
Said it before and ill say it again. This league better be legion levels of awesome because if its not your playercount is gonna be terrible. Lot of us are going to lost ark and some definitely arent going to come back if this is another bad league.
lost ark xD trash

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info