[3.17] Self-Cast Eye of Winter Occultist | LL | All Content Viable

"
SkirtLover wrote:
Hi, I am level 90, and I am converting to this build, what 10 pints should I leave out in the passive skill tree ?? I would apreciate some help

Maybe the Arcane Potency wheel, the 2 pts towards Purity of Flesh, Evasion and Armour masteries, Caster Mastery, Critical mastery and the Mental Rapidity notable you take with Thread of Hope.

Re-allocate them every level past 90 at your own leisure, whichever you feel you would want/need more. There's no mandatory path.
So... Any idea how self cast EoW Occultist will perform in 3.17, with the sad loss of the Hydrosphere chain cool mechanism ? :(

I really wanted to do one again and take it further.. But the Boss melting capacity what was amazed me the most..
Harvest in a nutshell : https://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2023/48/6/1701517918-poeh.jpg
Ultimatum : https://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2023/48/6/1701517789-ultimatum-league.png
Expedition : https://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2023/48/6/1701518028-poe-expedition-in-a-nutshell.png
"
fistoz wrote:
So... Any idea how self cast EoW Occultist will perform in 3.17, with the sad loss of the Hydrosphere chain cool mechanism ? :(

I really wanted to do one again and take it further.. But the Boss melting capacity what was amazed me the most..

The mapping and Maven Invitation capabilities of the build haven't been stumbled, in my opinion. Mapping got extremely buffed.

On the other end of the spectrum, bossing took a hit due to no longer having a sure-fire way of getting majority of projectiles to land safely on a boss. The new approach is to simply have the boss be at the apex of EOW's travel distance, which isn't the worst thing in the world, just a little more finnicky.

Overall, the nerf to Hydrosphere was long overdue, but I don't think it stumbles the build as much as initially one might think. In a way, it allows for more interesting interactions to arise, since we're no longer tied to Snakepit. A really nice rare ring may open up two jewel slots to get the Forbidden unique jewel duo in for another Witch ascendancy notable. But we'll see.

For now, the guide has been updated with the changes found in the Patch Notes.
Do you think we could use tornado instead ? I really loved this build's mechanic. I would love to know your opinion
Personally, I am not a big supporter of Tornado, simply because I don't like how slow it moves. However, from a pure mechanical standpoint of being a stand-in for Hydrosphere, I think it could work. With the cast speed buffs, 0.2 casts/s shouldn't be that difficult to get, even in Scourge I was hitting 0.23 during mapping sometimes.

The base duration in which Tornado soaks up projectiles is 1.5s and it redirects 10% of it to the enemy it's chasing. Realistically speaking, your best bet is keeping Snakepit's chain interaction and having Tornado right next to the boss, so the loose projectiles that don't hit it on the way to the apex can chain into it.

My personal end of league damage was somewhere in the ballpark of 24M if 10 projectiles land at maximum distance of 50 units, having a 10th of that helping you out isn't half bad, but a more realistic number would be half of even that - so 1.2M. Overall, I'd say it's worthwhile giving it a shot, I never found myself needing additional help during atlas bosses but for conquerors and pinnacle stuff it can turn out as a nice addition.
Thanks for the reply, I am quite new (Scourge was my first league and I played for only half of it, I managed to do all endgame content except Simulacrums, Hidden and Feared, overall had a lot of Fun).

I am struggling to find a nice leagustarter build to farm some heists (for the first 2 days of league more or less) and then upgrade it and swich to maps. I share your concerns regarding the tornado skill. I tried the Bane Occultist you spoke about, it was really good for the main story but not tanky enough for heist.

May I ask you what where you planning on leaguestarting for 3.17 ? I really liked your guide and your style, precise and without unclear PoB settings.

Obviously I know that making a guide is hard work, I am just asking for some tips and tricks if possible, and maybe a few links regarding ideas and builds that you are planning for this leaguestart.

Thanks a lot, I really had fun with your build.
"
SkirtLover wrote:
Thanks for the reply, I am quite new (Scourge was my first league and I played for only half of it, I managed to do all endgame content except Simulacrums, Hidden and Feared, overall had a lot of Fun).

I am struggling to find a nice leagustarter build to farm some heists (for the first 2 days of league more or less) and then upgrade it and swich to maps. I share your concerns regarding the tornado skill. I tried the Bane Occultist you spoke about, it was really good for the main story but not tanky enough for heist.

May I ask you what where you planning on leaguestarting for 3.17 ? I really liked your guide and your style, precise and without unclear PoB settings.

Obviously I know that making a guide is hard work, I am just asking for some tips and tricks if possible, and maybe a few links regarding ideas and builds that you are planning for this leaguestart.

Thanks a lot, I really had fun with your build.

I'm not going to have as much time as I did during Scourge, which is why I'm still heavily debating on what it might be that I play. Currently, my cards are stacked on a Vortex Occy, be it from Jorgen or Spicysushi. I've had prior experience with cold DOT in Heist as I started Creeping Frost from BigDucks and had my fair share of fun.

I don't want to give any specific suggestions because everyone is different and it's down to what you like as a mechanic and what you are willing to live through for the sake of a better experience past a certain point. If there's one thing I can give advice on - don't do Explosive Arrow, it's going to be the new Burning Arrow in terms of how much everything costs (that's what I'm predicting anyway). Pick something comfortable, look around, it's most important to have fun with a build than constantly being at odds with it.
fix pob link pls
"
gadzik72 wrote:
fix pob link pls

Should be fixed now, not sure what happened there.
800k damage on lvl 100 tree? Am i missing something?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info