[3.18] Wallach's Siege Ballista Hierophant (Enjoy Consistent Character Balance)

"
Bobothewizard wrote:
Would anyone mind taking the time to look at my character Gods_work_with_a_ballista to help me out? My damage seems ok but my survivability stinks and im not sure what i am doing wrong. It would be appreciated.

What do your resists look lie. Are they capped? I remember one of the difficult things was getting them capped due to all the uniques.

Get a jewel with "Corrupted blood cannot be inflicted on you" corrupt implicit. Get a bleed flask that goes off automatically when you start bleeding. I don't think you can get that enchant on a non-utility flask.

Also get som flasks that take care of poison/shock/burning etc... A proper flask setup will make life a lot easier.

I remember this build being susceptible to one shots so you do need to learn the boss moves to do your best to avoid them. Mapping shouldn't be an issue as your ballistas can kill stuff off screen ahead of you.

Get a split personality that has armor on it instead of int.

Not s defensive node but you are missing point blank keystone.

A maxed awakened Elemental damage support gem with make you immune to reflected elemental damage. I know you have some on your ring but this will free up that modifier for other things.

I hope these recommendations help you. :)
Resists are all capped besides chaos which is -23. I was and am having difficulty with the other resist and just couldnt swing chaos into the mix. The damage is super good, easy bosses as long as i only get hit once at a time. My concern is the 38-3900 life. I do have the the gems you mentioned but had a hard time with a split personality with both life and dex but i will look for one with armor.

I am also haviing a hard time getting more than two auras running at a time and was playing around throwing determination in with hatred but then i cant run skitterbots but i do jump up to 90% phys reduction.

That bleed flask going off when you bleed mentioned above, i didnt even realise that was possible.
Last edited by Bobothewizard on Nov 10, 2022, 1:05:48 PM
Brother, let me tell you something. I did that flask change up on my RF character that was having problems dying every now and then and i couldnt figure it out. That flask change made a huge difference!
Super glad that helped you out! :). Yea my ballista character only had about 4K health. But the faster you kill stuff, the less likely you are to die. I also noticed you could change the totem mastery that summons one extra to the one that adds extra crit. More crit means more freezes. I always felt I was able to summon mine super fast and having the chance to summon 2 rather than one just wasn't doing much for me.

Also, a great glove modifier is the temple one that adds damage against chilled enemies. Not only does it add damage but it comes with a T1 cold resist modifier on top of that!

The bleed flask enchant will only work on a utility flask, not a health flask. :)
Last edited by Zuuule on Nov 10, 2022, 5:24:12 PM
Hello. so i wanted to ask do Wallach gonna play 3.20 and update your guide/builds/and video or you will kinda skip it :).

also do any this build players have any hype for 3.20 or also like me have none ?
"
anti4z500 wrote:
Hello. so i wanted to ask do Wallach gonna play 3.20 and update your guide/builds/and video or you will kinda skip it :).

also do any this build players have any hype for 3.20 or also like me have none ?

I really hope he will be back for 3.20!
"
anti4z500 wrote:

Unfortunately I don't know if I see myself coming back to Path of Exile. The direction of the game this year has seemed pretty bad, and being removed from the game for a while makes it easy to look at it from the outside and not feel a lot of desire to come back. Especially with Marvel Snap's release taking up most of my current gaming time.
"
Wallach wrote:
"
anti4z500 wrote:

Unfortunately I don't know if I see myself coming back to Path of Exile. The direction of the game this year has seemed pretty bad, and being removed from the game for a while makes it easy to look at it from the outside and not feel a lot of desire to come back. Especially with Marvel Snap's release taking up most of my current gaming time.

i see well most important part is to enjoy a game and dont force yourself to play :). maybe you can elaborate about what was most disappointing change made or what you don't like about current poe direction
"
anti4z500 wrote:
"
Wallach wrote:
"
anti4z500 wrote:

i see well most important part is to enjoy a game and dont force yourself to play :). maybe you can elaborate about what was most disappointing change made or what you don't like about current poe direction

I think it was an accumulation of things for me. Their attempt at adding a bunch of difficulty to the game has mostly made it less fun to me. ARPGs to me are about characters that feel powerful, and when they don't the genre in general just isn't very fun. I don't feel like PoE - even when it first launched - ever fell into some notably difficult category until most of the direction post-Exilecon. Nowadays the entire stretch from character creation to like red maps feels boring, and more and more payoffs for content beyond that point have been stripped out ever since Ritual. They've shown basically no sign of backing off this direction, so I don't see myself coming back anytime soon.
"
I think it was an accumulation of things for me. Their attempt at adding a bunch of difficulty to the game has mostly made it less fun to me. ARPGs to me are about characters that feel powerful, and when they don't the genre in general just isn't very fun. I don't feel like PoE - even when it first launched - ever fell into some notably difficult category until most of the direction post-Exilecon. Nowadays the entire stretch from character creation to like red maps feels boring, and more and more payoffs for content beyond that point have been stripped out ever since Ritual. They've shown basically no sign of backing off this direction, so I don't see myself coming back anytime soon.

yee i know that feeling from lvl 1 to maps is crazy boring (cant wait poe 2 new campaign) and from maps to red t16 its not rly rewarding anymore and dont rly know why. but i think that problem is thx to us completing the same loop thousands and thousands times over and over again. But yeas i get why dont wanna play anymore :) but i am opposite of you i started dont wanting to play because poe getting more easy with every league. no challenge at all. getting to lvl 90 in 1 day and hitting reds on second day and on weak 1 done with build and most content

Well we need to wait for POE 2. anyway Good luck to you and thx for your totem builds my wrist got saved from extreme pains :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info