[3.18] Gryph's Tank Simulator - A Detonate Dead Ignite Elementalist

"
tad2q wrote:
"
Gryphenprey wrote:
Well, it's tankier in that you have true block instead of Glancing Blows Block. I'm starting to back pedal on my opinion of going Necro Instead but it's still viable.

basically you'd take offering effect mastery, more damage nodes instead of GB+Block nodes, and make sure you have 100% chance to ignite.

But the reality is that you lose almost 50% of your damage by switching and I don't think the defensive gains are enough to merit that. DPS=Defense in a lot of cases.

I have also set up the build to take advantage of taking damage from blocked hit with the life recoup mechanic as well. It's a Pillow Fort Defense! :D

If you were to go necro though, you'd take:
Plaguebringer - Corpse Pact - Commander of Darkness - Mistress of Sacrifice.

Awesome ill just stay elementalist. So for playstyle its just mainly Unearth and brand/vaal dd for bossing? Nothing on left click correct? Is it because the build is kinda mana starved? Is shield charge redundant with flame dash? This build looks awesome and great guide im starting on your budget build and noticed vaal DD is level 1, is that on accident or because of the mana?

Level 1 gem is intentional on all setups. And yes it's because of mana. The corpse explosions are always 6% for DD and 9% for VDD so gem level is irrelevant. This also means we can run ele reflect.

Brand is for bossing/later wave Simulacrums/tough content where damage is needed, yes.

Vaal DD is the same. Just a 1-tap blow up a boss button.

I like shield charge bc there's no cooldown. Flame Dash for when I get stuck or need to go over ledges or dash away/through something. It's just a dual setup that I've been accustomed to since 3.6 league.

Also, with explosions+Fire burst weapon I can shield charge around and the map explodes. :D
Now with the explosive chest and fan the flame jewel, clearing is finally enjoyable while still able to do bosses :D Also what is the best way to craft a good weapon? Which essence to spam etc
Last edited by Tecken1407 on Dec 1, 2021, 8:45:20 AM
"
Gryphenprey wrote:
"
tad2q wrote:
"
Gryphenprey wrote:
Well, it's tankier in that you have true block instead of Glancing Blows Block. I'm starting to back pedal on my opinion of going Necro Instead but it's still viable.

basically you'd take offering effect mastery, more damage nodes instead of GB+Block nodes, and make sure you have 100% chance to ignite.

But the reality is that you lose almost 50% of your damage by switching and I don't think the defensive gains are enough to merit that. DPS=Defense in a lot of cases.

I have also set up the build to take advantage of taking damage from blocked hit with the life recoup mechanic as well. It's a Pillow Fort Defense! :D

If you were to go necro though, you'd take:
Plaguebringer - Corpse Pact - Commander of Darkness - Mistress of Sacrifice.

Awesome ill just stay elementalist. So for playstyle its just mainly Unearth and brand/vaal dd for bossing? Nothing on left click correct? Is it because the build is kinda mana starved? Is shield charge redundant with flame dash? This build looks awesome and great guide im starting on your budget build and noticed vaal DD is level 1, is that on accident or because of the mana?

Level 1 gem is intentional on all setups. And yes it's because of mana. The corpse explosions are always 6% for DD and 9% for VDD so gem level is irrelevant. This also means we can run ele reflect.

Brand is for bossing/later wave Simulacrums/tough content where damage is needed, yes.

Vaal DD is the same. Just a 1-tap blow up a boss button.

I like shield charge bc there's no cooldown. Flame Dash for when I get stuck or need to go over ledges or dash away/through something. It's just a dual setup that I've been accustomed to since 3.6 league.

Also, with explosions+Fire burst weapon I can shield charge around and the map explodes. :D

Ok noted will switch back to level 1 dd, can you take a quick look at my character / tree and let me know if I messed up anything? IGN = SkarryMages

Thank you for all the help
"
tad2q wrote:

Ok noted will switch back to level 1 dd, can you take a quick look at my character / tree and let me know if I messed up anything? IGN = SkarryMages

Thank you for all the help

Well, you have no chaos resistance on your gear other than the flask. That will get you killed with the Incandescent Heart's downside and also just in general to chaos damage. Otherwise just fix your flasks to have "Used When Charges Reach Full" and "Gain X Charges When you are hit by an Enemy"

The rest looks fine/passable.
Did you see this reddit thread? https://www.reddit.com/r/PathOfExileBuilds/comments/r6acqc/elementalist_ignite_dd_deathless_the_feared/

Seems like a pretty cool alternative/similar version to what you're doing. I'm going through and comparing to see if there are good ideas to mesh together and create the ultimate build for next league!

Although you guys need to stop posting about this so that people don't realize it exists until I get my gear cheap next league muwahaha.
IGN: Dmillz
Last edited by Dmillz on Dec 1, 2021, 1:29:32 PM
"
Dmillz wrote:
Did you see this reddit thread? https://www.reddit.com/r/PathOfExileBuilds/comments/r6acqc/elementalist_ignite_dd_deathless_the_feared/

Seems like a pretty cool alternative/similar version to what you're doing. I'm going through and comparing to see if there are good ideas to mesh together and create the ultimate build for next league!

Although you guys need to stop posting about this so that people don't realize it exists until I get my gear cheap next league muwahaha.

Yeah I've seen it. Blackflame feels wasted on Elementalist though. One ascendancy does literally nothing. That said, I've thought about that route but I'd already made my helmet at that point. xD

The one thing I like and hadn't thought to try is the Obliteration wand. I have a fire burst weapon but it's not like I need it. I'm okay casting DD occasionally while clearing. Would be a good Alternative to explodey chest for clearing.
I've taken a much tankier approach than he has though. I'm sure that's a preference thing though.

And he uses corpsewalker and specters. I started with that setup but I don't like it much. It works great when you pop the specters but it's very reliant on the zone you're in. Good for super budget option/early league though.
ive got a 32% inc fire damage corrupted doryani's catalyst and i cant tell if im doing better map dps than with the razor of seventh sun sword... on pob it says my doryani's should be dealing 15% more dmg. what are youre thoughts on that?
"
exxd wrote:
ive got a 32% inc fire damage corrupted doryani's catalyst and i cant tell if im doing better map dps than with the razor of seventh sun sword... on pob it says my doryani's should be dealing 15% more dmg. what are youre thoughts on that?

In maps it hardly even matters tbh.
You could even use Obliteration for mapping/clearing for the explosions(which ignites and proliferates). This will make mapping really smooth. Bonus points if you also get Fan the Flames on a cluster jewel as well.
Trying out budget version of build. Before talking about my thoughts, I want to mention my investment if anyone wants to see in detail (it's really low).

Around 6ex including pretty much including craft and gems, basically.

Spoiler
1) Avatar of fire with Smoking remains cluster - 1 ex
2) Hands of high templar with +1 socketed gems (couldn't afford +2 proj) - 1ex. I know I could just use rare '+1 socketed' but I am planning to sell these when I can afford +2 proj so not really loss.
3) Unearth phantamal 20% - 40c
4) Incadescent Heart - 5c buy, 6L in 0.7ex fusing.
5) 3 awakened gems (burning, deadly ailments, unbound) - Roughly 50c for all combined.
6) Belt - 15c
7) Helmet - 20c then spammed envy essence (7 tries to get T2 life with open suffix for chaos resist)
8) Boots - 30c + 4c craft
9) Aegis aurora - 40c
10) Berek's - 15c & other rare ring - 25c
11) Amulet - 30c
12) Weapon (Razor of seventh sun) - 5c
13) Enduring composure cluster - 50c
14) Empower, Enhance - 30c+30c = 60c total

My flasks suck (looking for granite flask). I switched recently so my gem levels are pretty low. Only lvl 17 unearth, low level swift affliction, only level 1 awakened gems, no burning cluster. Can't afford steel anoint as it's golden oil and expensive.

I have finished all T16 conquerors, all shaper guardians, all elder guardians, A8 Sirus so far on only 6ex budget build which is great (I had these ready because of my other character). Now looking to fight shaper once I get burning cluster.

My thoughts(I don't know about higher budget build, this is ONLY for budget version):

1) Build is really solid and tanky even with my low lvl determination & molten shell. Aegis aurora and having 70%+ chaos resist is so nice for general mapping.

2) Damage is great for the budget (Still no burning cluster yet and low lvl gems!), maybe around 2.5m Sirus DPS excluding flame surge (too unreliable since Sirus keeps moving around. Also since it's a DoT, gives you lot of time to dodge. Should have 4m DPS once I get to 10ex invested point.

3) Playstyle is a bit clunky with 2 buttons but not really annoying. I can't afford fire burst wand that is better than razor of seventh sun on budget. Apply brand is OK, not enjoyable but better than manually casting those things (only required on bosses)

4) Master of fire is actually a bait. It barely makes difference in my DPS unless I go hug bosses which is risky. It's still great DPS if you can get it to apply but I regret getting it over burning cluster (should get burning cluster before master of fire (master of fire is very expensive for not much use on budget build imo!)).

So thanks OP for this really solid build. I am going to continue scaling it because it feels so good already.
Last edited by Bakanyan on Dec 3, 2021, 12:21:26 AM
"
Bakanyan wrote:
Spoiler
Trying out budget version of build. Before talking about my thoughts, I want to mention my investment if anyone wants to see in detail (it's really low).

Around 6ex including pretty much including craft and gems, basically.

Spoiler
1) Avatar of fire with Smoking remains cluster - 1 ex
2) Hands of high templar with +1 socketed gems (couldn't afford +2 proj) - 1ex. I know I could just use rare '+1 socketed' but I am planning to sell these when I can afford +2 proj so not really loss.
3) Unearth phantamal 20% - 40c
4) Incadescent Heart - 5c buy, 6L in 0.7ex fusing.
5) 3 awakened gems (burning, deadly ailments, unbound) - Roughly 50c for all combined.
6) Belt - 15c
7) Helmet - 20c then spammed envy essence (7 tries to get T2 life with open suffix for chaos resist)
8) Boots - 30c + 4c craft
9) Aegis aurora - 40c
10) Berek's - 15c & other rare ring - 25c
11) Amulet - 30c
12) Weapon (Razor of seventh sun) - 5c
13) Enduring composure cluster - 50c
14) Empower, Enhance - 30c+30c = 60c total

My flasks suck (looking for granite flask). I switched recently so my gem levels are pretty low. Only lvl 17 unearth, low level swift affliction, only level 1 awakened gems, no burning cluster. Can't afford steel anoint as it's golden oil and expensive.

I have finished all T16 conquerors, all shaper guardians, all elder guardians, A8 Sirus so far on only 6ex budget build which is great (I had these ready because of my other character). Now looking to fight shaper once I get burning cluster.

My thoughts(I don't know about higher budget build, this is ONLY for budget version):

1) Build is really solid and tanky even with my low lvl determination & molten shell. Aegis aurora and having 70%+ chaos resist is so nice for general mapping.

2) Damage is great for the budget (Still no burning cluster yet and low lvl gems!), maybe around 2.5m Sirus DPS excluding flame surge (too unreliable since Sirus keeps moving around. Also since it's a DoT, gives you lot of time to dodge. Should have 4m DPS once I get to 10ex invested point.

3) Playstyle is a bit clunky with 2 buttons but not really annoying. I can't afford fire burst wand that is better than razor of seventh sun on budget. Apply brand is OK, not enjoyable but better than manually casting those things (only required on bosses)

4) Master of fire is actually a bait. It barely makes difference in my DPS unless I go hug bosses which is risky. It's still great DPS if you can get it to apply but I regret getting it over burning cluster (should get burning cluster before master of fire (master of fire is very expensive for not much use on budget build imo!)).

So thanks OP for this really solid build. I am going to continue scaling it because it feels so good already.

Nice write up on your budget setup.
The only thing with Master of Fire that I really like is that it's a reliable source of Exposure that I don't have to cast. And my personal style is to hug enemies/shield charge through packs so the proximity isn't an issue.

Corrosive Elements or an Archdemon Crown would also work. C.E. is a little weak bc it's only a CHANCE but still works.

Also, on the 10ex budget I have I was able to clear wave 25 Simulacrum before getting soft stopped at 26. Cleared the rest with my main. Pretty good though I gotta say and still 5 rewards per wave on average.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info