Post aura rage here. I will lock any other aura thread I see.

"
Kochise wrote:
"
Russell wrote:
"
Nuudlike29 wrote:

But they dont look bad. In your personal opinion they look bad. Some people liked the old auras. Angry people tend to post more than positive people. If I see something change in a game and its awesome I tell my friends its awesome. If I see something I don't like id rage on the forums. Id be pretty disappointed if our player base was 50-90 people. We wont add an option for the old auras because we in the art team didn't like them(we also dont want to make 2 sets of every single aura in the game). They didn't fit poe no matter how many times the same people ask for them back.

Hey Russell. I don't care either way however it seems kind of odd that you say there are not options when it comes to the aesthetics and aura because of xxxxxx reasons. But why would you say "we the art team didn't like them"???? If you didn't like them why did they go in the game in the first place?? C'mon man.

We originally thought they were ok. This was like 2 years ago when we were still learning what did and didn't work. We didn't know people would run 3+ of them and didn't think about the fact they mask out your character and clutter your screen. Many things that were not very easy to predict. If we had 1 aura per character then sure the old auras size would have been fine (though I would have still updated them hugely).

Learning is human is it not :P
I like all the fluffy animals[img]http://i.imgur.com/mO8dR.png[\img]
y im slept?
"
Kochise wrote:
Hey Russell. I don't care either way however it seems kind of odd that you say there are not options when it comes to the aesthetics and aura because of xxxxxx reasons. But why would you say "we the art team didn't like them"???? If you didn't like them why did they go in the game in the first place?? C'mon man.

by that logic, anything that has already gone into the game should never change because they liked it when they first added it in :S
"
Russell wrote:
"
Russell wrote:
"
Nuudlike29 wrote:

But they dont look bad. In your personal opinion they look bad. Some people liked the old auras. Angry people tend to post more than positive people. If I see something change in a game and its awesome I tell my friends its awesome. If I see something I don't like id rage on the forums. Id be pretty disappointed if our player base was 50-90 people. We wont add an option for the old auras because we in the art team didn't like them(we also dont want to make 2 sets of every single aura in the game). They didn't fit poe no matter how many times the same people ask for them back.

We originally thought they were ok. This was like 2 years ago when we were still learning what did and didn't work. We didn't know people would run 3+ of them and didn't think about the fact they mask out your character and clutter your screen. Many things that were not very easy to predict. If we had 1 aura per character then sure the old auras size would have been fine (though I would have still updated them hugely).

Learning is human is it not :P

Well, version 1.0.0 aims to make it significantly harder to utilize a lot of auras at once (Not impossible though). So, can we get the old auras back now? :D Aww yeah using your latest post against you! >:V

Edit: Not sure why there are 2 Russell quotes...
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
Last edited by Nicholas_Steel on Oct 17, 2013, 10:08:45 AM
Don't know if anyone suggested it earlier but why not alternate aura visual effects like in d2?
"
Y156112 wrote:
Don't know if anyone suggested it earlier but why not alternate aura visual effects like in d2?

No idea. The higher ups didnt seem to want that.
I like all the fluffy animals[img]http://i.imgur.com/mO8dR.png[\img]
y im slept?
"
Russell wrote:
"
Y156112 wrote:

No idea. The higher ups didnt seem to want that.

That would be actually a good compromise solution.

PS: I liked the old socket/link images more but I got used to the new ones. Saying that, I still cannot get used to the new auras a few months since the change.
Last edited by Kokoro on Oct 20, 2013, 6:52:58 AM
1996 called and wants their graphics back

I was just wondering as I started okaying poe recently why my auras look like shit? I've seen PoE videos before on webs and auras looked great. How it looks now it's just a disgrace... hopefully the original design will be brought back...
My builds: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2255805
"
Russell wrote:
"
Nuudlike29 wrote:
I just don't understand, this game is so good. Why are people so greedy? ''Hey let's make the auras look bad so we could put new aura effects to store for 10 bucks.'' Most of the people liked the old auras and some like new, easiest way could be just making it an option...

Why on earth would you have to make 2 sets of auras? This thread is about the original auras, which means they were already made. I would tell my friends the awesome and the stuff I don't like.

Additionally, it is pretty upsetting to hear that an 'option' will not be added. Especially, coming from devs that mention, quite frequently, that this game is player driven.

Just a brief summary of some previous statements to bring some of this into context.

"
SGM3 wrote:
"
Russell wrote:
"
SGM3 wrote:
It has been a few months since I last played. Mainly because of the auras. It is hard to believe they are still stale pieces of....

They went from something I feel was epic to something that you actually zoom in to look at, because you cannot believe GGG would take a massive jump backwards.

Who ever put these auras together should be fired for incompetence, laziness, and above all a clear lack of artistic ability.

It's nothing personal. I was in the process of quitting smoking that week, and lets say it was not going well. =D

I do, however, still feel these 'new' auras are lame. I do recall reading a post that mentioned these auras were to make the character stand out. I, personally, find that excuse rather misleading.

The micro transactions are blinding lights. So it is a 'money scam.'

"
Russell wrote:
"
Halcion wrote:
As was mentioned by the devs in another thread, the idea is to put the focus on the coolness of your character rather than the visual appeal of the auras.

Translation: They want you to buy more microtransactions to look cooler, not stack auras.

EDIT: For the record, I also miss the old auras.

Unique items 3d models are being made at the moment as well as other armour upgrades. Dont try translate my words into some weird money scam lol.

EDIT: Still love the game!

Here is confirmation of the denied allegations from Russel.

https://www.pathofexile.com/shop/category/alternate-skill-effects

Arctic Skull Hatred
Preview Replaces the standard effect on a Hatred skill gem with a cackling, freezing skull that circles around you.

Lightning Skull Wrath Lightning Skull Wrath
Preview Replaces the standard effect on a Wrath skill gem with a cackling, sparking skull that circles around you.

Infernal Skull Anger Infernal Skull Anger
Preview Replaces the standard effect on an Anger skill gem with a cackling, burning skull that circles around you.

These may not be as aesthetically pleasing as the originals, but it may be safe to speculate that we can expect to see other aura effects added to the micro transaction list. In all honesty I do not think it is some sort of scam, rather a source of revenue to further the progress of the game. However, it is silly to dismiss Halcion when he was pretty accurate.

Again, nothing personal Russel.

**Edit: If someone were to become a 'Ruler of Wraeclast' supporter could they exchange the list of goodies for an aura option?? =D
Last edited by SGM3 on Oct 22, 2013, 2:26:41 AM
"
SGM3 wrote:
"
Russell wrote:
"
Nuudlike29 wrote:
I just don't understand, this game is so good. Why are people so greedy? ''Hey let's make the auras look bad so we could put new aura effects to store for 10 bucks.'' Most of the people liked the old auras and some like new, easiest way could be just making it an option...

Why on earth would you have to make 2 sets of auras? This thread is about the original auras, which means they were already made. I would tell my friends the awesome and the stuff I don't like.

Well unless they ditch the current aura visuals (Not likely) then they'll need a toggle option to toggle between the current visuals and the old visuals... and it would be dumb to only have some auras affected by the toggle and not any new auras they eventually develop.

Essentially they would need to have 2 sets of visuals for all auras including ones not yet invented yet, or else the toggle will be very niche.
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
"
ryatwo wrote:
Just started playing about a month ago, and didn't realized they changed the auras at all!

I just had a feeling that the auras somehow would level up and change in appearance like they do when they had the old auras.

Now the appearance of auras is purely a subjective matter, so in any case please GGG games give us players an option to have the old auras back. They looked awesome!!

Also more awesome-looking micro-transactions!

and thus the game enters pay 2 win in style

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info