Power Charge on Crit

stupid question
power charge give 50% crit, ok
if i have 25%critical chance + 5 powercharge
i assume to go 50%critical
so why i have to 37.5%?

O_o
Because it's Increased Crit Strike Chance. All Increased type modifiers are added together and added as a whole.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Aug 26, 2013, 10:37:32 AM
Thing is that Crit gets rolled once per attack and then PoCC just checks if your attack rolled crit and grants charge if it did.
THis kinda eliminates usage of this gem with "support" abilities. You really need to link it with your main ability to make it work.

THis should be improved i belive. You can get frenzy and endurance without dedicating yourself to set weapon and for power charge you only can get it reliably with wands.
I know that people talk about the limitation of 1 power charge per critical...

But what happens if you use 2 of these gems in one attack?
Support Gems of the same type never stack, remember :P
Why is GGG so inconsistent with "on crit" triggering?

At one point surgeons would trigger per monster hit by a crit, then it didn't, and now it does again (I'm not sure when they reverted it back but it must have been a long time ago)

Power Charge on Crit just triggers per crit instead of per monster hit by crit

Voll's Protector used to trigger just per crit (I think), but now it's per monster hit by crit

Cast on Critical is per monster hit by crit

What's the deal?

For now things are almost standardized if they changed PCoC, but CoC is so powerful at the moment they should probably have it trigger per critical use not per monster hit (and appropriately increase the chances of triggering if necessary). Heck even surgeon's could be too strong as well.

They should be more clear to the user to distinguish between the two, and preferably they should all be standardized.
Fresh cakes for all occasions.
Delivery in 30 eons or less
Call 1-800-DOMINUS
Remember - 'Dominus Delivers'
Voll's and PCoC use distinct wording:
"x% chance to gain a Power Charge on Critical Strike"
"Gain a Power Charge for each Enemy you hit with a Critical Strike"

Voll's explicitly mentions you gain 1 Power Charge per Hit, thus opening the possibility of multiples. PCoC looks for a Crit, regardless of the amount of Crits, similar to Frenzy.
It's only inconsistent if you assume both use the same wording. However, as with everything in Path of Exile, if it's worded different, it functions different.

Cast on Crit uses the following wording:
"Supported Attacks have a (30 to ?)% chance to Cast Supported Spells when you Crit an Enemy"

It also specifies Critting an Enemy, as opposed to 'just' any Crit. If anything should be changed about wording, it's to match Voll's to Cast on Crit (or if they want to nerf it, to match PCoC).

I don't know what Surgeon's have for a description.
That's all well and good, but why bother making the distinction in the first place?

What is the reasoning for making a Unique Item have an ability that's literally 7 times better (based on having 7 max power charges, and charging to full on one attack with Volls, compared to 7 attacks with PCoC)?
It's worth noting that +2 maps are a dangerous thing.
They can cause players to get out of their depth -
playing maps that are too hard for the items they currently have. Herp Derp.
Last edited by RickyDMMontoya on Feb 6, 2014, 12:30:02 PM
Because that's what Unique items do - they allow you to do things you can't otherwise do, or in other words, things unique to those items. In return, you get a nifty 50% Reduced Mana modifier and terrible Defenses.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Feb 7, 2014, 9:01:14 AM
PCoC should at least refresh the timer of power charge. It's annoying to see a streak of crits, but still losing all the charges...
PoE forums ignore list script:
http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/162657

0.4: added "ignore" button. ignore list is now saved locally.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info