Next Weekend Stress Test

"
Diablo02 wrote:
0.9.1 != 0.9.10 in regards to versioning

For those who don't have a background in coding:

0.9.1 does not equal 0.9.10 in regards to version numbering.
"It's a harsh, difficult world. You have to be prepared for it. We're not babying the players."
- Chris Wilson - Producer, Lead Designer @ Grinding Gear Games
"
krismikehunt wrote:
Ok,that answers my question then, version numbers don't follow the same rules as decimals in mathematics!

(My own fault for just assuming they did! And by pure chance, until today, I have never taken notice of a version number that gave me reason to think otherwise!)

Maths has nothing to do with this, it's just you couldn't put it in your head that you can go with a ".10" ...
Sweeping Maid
Last edited by nzrock on May 14, 2012, 8:00:09 PM
The beta test was awesome.
i think there should be another public test, what about next weekend?
normally you have 1.x.x = major update like a new version
x.1.x = minor update like some new functionality add content
x.x.1 = Bug fix should be used if some problems has been addressed in that release
and some show a forth digit x.x.x.1 that should represent the Build of that software version normally if the software is under development and not yet released multiple builds are made before the final version is made and ready to release.

or normally that's how most software houses use their software version.
GGG's versioning scheme:
'major release' . 'major milestone' . 'main patch' letter 'minor/bug patch'

0.7.0 was when the game entered family/friend alpha.
0.8.0 was when the game entered invite/community alpha.
0.9.0 was when the game entered Closed Beta.
0.9.9 was the last main patch.
0.9.9e is the current version.
0.9.10 will be the next main patch.
0.10.0 will be when the game enters Open Beta.
1.0.0 will be the full release of the game.
Forum Sheriff
"
shintsu wrote:
normally you have 1.x.x = major update like a new version
x.1.x = minor update like some new functionality add content
x.x.1 = Bug fix should be used if some problems has been addressed in that release
and some show a forth digit x.x.x.1 that should represent the Build of that software version normally if the software is under development and not yet released multiple builds are made before the final version is made and ready to release.

or normally that's how most software houses use their software version.

Your almost 100% correct there, the only thing I know your missing is that, they're not restricted to an single digit system. Like you can get ver12.12.12 or something like ver1.22.12345, a lot of games goes over single digits for their version numberings.

And yeah GGG's versioning isn't restricted to single digits too.
Sweeping Maid
Last edited by nzrock on May 17, 2012, 5:11:33 PM
so there is no public weekend? just open beta for 2 days just to let new people test it. patch or not doesn't matter.

furthermore...let people in will boost more people to support GGG and make them buy the key..maybe...

and those beta invite timer has like 0.0001% to invite person who really want to get in...
all i see is 0 post user get their key..??

????????????????????????
from beta invite timer stalker..
Last edited by redzwan on May 18, 2012, 3:02:37 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info