Changes to Rewards in Path of Exile: Scourge

Big fan of the map changes, that's the fun bit of the mechanic anyway.

Apparently what I always needed in life was a button to let me shift into & out of the league mechanic - loving that.

But..

I don't think the increased quantity of still RNG-as-hell items is going to make me put floor-dropped Scourged items back into my loot filter.

More bad items are still just bad items.
"
Setharial wrote:
Good first step. But the powerlevel of Pre scourged rares as well as scourge modifiers in general need to be looked at. The pre scourged rares will still be 99.9999% garbage due to the inherent flaw of the item system producing vast quantities of trash.

This will not be fixable unless you implement the same system that is used for Heist Curio rares. Make them better and rarer so we're actually excited to see them instead of filtering them out.

An item being pre scourged is also a downside in and off itself with it being not able to be crafted on so it NEEDS to be actually decent/usable to some extent.

I for one will NEVER choose to scourge my existing items that i carefully crafted in order to get MASSIVE downsides on them with garbage "upsides" like stun/block recovery , reflect, minor resistances, etc.

this, im not scourging my shit for it to brick.
need to do better, remove trash scourge mods, and make scourge mods at least better than 'adds 4-10 chaos damage' for tier 3 shit.

still not gonna log back in.
What a horrible way to solve the issue, People who were juicing the maps to 200+ are getting even more while base remains complete trash. This buff will do almost nothing. Maybe scourging maps will be a thing now.. maybe.

IN case you missed people who are juicing the maps are already saying it is absurdly rewarding, and you buffing it for them?
Last edited by Deathfairy on Oct 28, 2021, 10:18:03 PM
Please GGG make the downsides of scourging an item just a LITTLE less horrible.

Like 20% less horrible? (ex. if a downside would give -20% chaos res make it -16%)

For what I could tell so far it's not a good deal to scourge most of the items.. the goods are plenty worse than the bads.

Not to say that some of the bads just break your item ... WTF is the "you cant deal damage " mod on the belt? Like, only for summoners and totem users?

I dont think should be things THAT punishing in the pool. ( the one with reduced global defenses is also item breaking. Like, you get 20 fire res and 23% reduced global defenses...lol)

overall, I think scourging an item is something like 5% will actually be benefitial... It shouldn't be like that. It should be at least a 50% chance to actually get a benefit . ( adding the good with the bad)
"
Problem:
It's too difficult to find powerful pre-Scourged Items (which drop occasionally while inside the Nightmare).

Solution:
Dramatically increase the tier of Scourged Modifiers you find on pre-scourged items, especially while in Maps. For example, you'll now find approximately twice as many Tier 3 Scourged Items as before in maps.

Usually GGG is on point fixing the issues, but this... These item are still missing a WHOLE CRAFTED MOD. So not only they need to magically roll not trash, the scourge mods has to be better then a crafted mod? Right
Looks good guys. I have found myself in the past week sometimes wondering what I could actually do / want to do with the scourge mechanic. It was engaging at first, but after getting only downgrades out of it - it lost its charm. I'm enjoying the in map mechanics and krangling maps however, I'm just glad we are moving toward it being more viable overall for use.
Pog.
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
I really like the format of these notes; it's how I used to 'problem solve' with my WoW feedback on their forums (the place the devs never looked. Probably a good thing, tbh.)

Problem:
Solution:

It's genuinely refreshing seeing an actual dev team use this format. I got frustrated over the years hearing lawyer speak regarding these things, and you really only need basic language to describe changes.

Anyways, I'm very close to maps and not at them yet (life gets in the way of clearing campaign...) so I can't tell for sure how these changes will affect things, but they sound good.
Last edited by DarkPaladin4000 on Oct 28, 2021, 10:27:41 PM
Incredible changes.... but I think the main issue will continue to be that the upsides of scourging just aren't interesting enough. I've been no-lifeing pretty hard and i must say, it feels discouraging to constantly get +x resistance constantly as a t3 scourge modifier when the downsides can be so damn dramatic. It would be nice if the modifiers were weighted towards the more dramatic outcomes or if the modifiers on the items affected the weighting of outcomes, so you could somewhat target scourge mods. In general though, I feel the upsides are consistently worse than the downsides and they should be AT LEAST equal... probably biased towards favourable outcomes. Also would be cool if scouring white items had a smart loot effect to make it more than an alch+vaal every couple maps.

Keep up the great work GGG

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info