Any way to turn off that 'Player is the first to achieve this and that' yellow notification?

why do you lot care so much about them?

youre all saying you dont care who did this or that, but the way theyre triggering you says the opposite. all sorts of little notifications and dialogues etc get displayed in the text on the side and most people just ignore all of them. you all ignore so many of them, but your are fixated on these and they upset you.

theyre offensive, theyre ruining the game etc. why? i feel like you could all fix the issue by not dismissing what im saying but instead actually thinking about it.

its ok that we are not super elite players, its just a game it doesnt matter. now you think you already know that and thats why you dont like these messages, but actually if you really had come to terms with that statement they wouldnt bother you same way all the other little random texts that scroll through the side bar dont.

none of us are the best in the world at anything, ultimately no one cares. no one is judging us, laughing at us, everything youve ever done theres someone else who has done it twice as fast and twice as well, and thats fine. dont take it personally.

if i tell you that a group of people formed a football team and won the world cup, do you all find that offensive?
Having the option to turn the notifications off doesn't seem like a bad thing, but I personally like it. It's good to idealize people who make a serious effort to achieve their goals in the game, and I always want to root them on when I see those messages.
hoho it was funny when that racer made another character with a similar name and made the other guy quit his qualifier.

-Official Forum Dweller-
-I started the hoho movement-
-Exploit Early - Exploit Often-
-Moderators are absurd and OP-
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
why do you lot care so much about them?

youre all saying you dont care who did this or that, but the way theyre triggering you says the opposite. all sorts of little notifications and dialogues etc get displayed in the text on the side and most people just ignore all of them. you all ignore so many of them, but your are fixated on these and they upset you.

Spoiler
theyre offensive, theyre ruining the game etc. why? i feel like you could all fix the issue by not dismissing what im saying but instead actually thinking about it.

its ok that we are not super elite players, its just a game it doesnt matter. now you think you already know that and thats why you dont like these messages, but actually if you really had come to terms with that statement they wouldnt bother you same way all the other little random texts that scroll through the side bar dont.

none of us are the best in the world at anything, ultimately no one cares. no one is judging us, laughing at us, everything youve ever done theres someone else who has done it twice as fast and twice as well, and thats fine. dont take it personally.

if i tell you that a group of people formed a football team and won the world cup, do you all find that offensive?

Do you even know what you are talking about?

If you have a tiny 15" screen two meter in front of you, then you wont get distracted by it, because its nothing from the side. If you sit quite close at a big screen as the most(?). Its drawing attention because of defense mechanics in our body. Thats the problem. I dont read them if you think that, but the eyes are automatic looking what danger could that be. If it wasnt, we for sure have been eliminated from earth long time ago.

And when it is like flashing you get disturbed. If they must have that information, it should only change name and area and with same color as a specific background right there and it should always bee seen. But it isnt that way. And we don't have the option to trurn it of.

If you dont know what i mean - by a lazer pen and put it so it will hit the wall one to two meter besides you and around one meter infront of you, let that one then turn on and off every third second or so. Then you should see, that is quite annoying. Have you ever had a lamp flashing? Its quite similar if I have to describe it. Or take a hamme, hit the knee in the front and you will kick. You will blink if something just show up infront of the eyes and so on. It is just a survival mode we can't turn off.

I wonder what had happened or how the setup of computer and so is at all those who is not totally distracted of it. Put five minutes of readeing about it, you will find a lot of information.

Why do you a lot of things that wants your attention is flashing? I think you would find it more annoying to just have the mouse pointer moving at the side of screen when reading this.
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:

if you shouted it over the stadium intercom in the middle of another football game, damn right i would be pissed about it.

thats the equivalent of what the game is doing. why did you instantly jump to the whole "why are you offended at the good players? its ok if you arent as good as them"

thats such a bullshit take on the situation. its just your insecurities showing is all that is.

how many years has this issue been talked about? I remember the last time i was here and it was a hot topic then. Why was this never taken into consideration? Some of us just dont give a fuck about any of those people playing speedrunner. And we dont want to see it constantly popping up on our screens in that bright ass orange font cutting into over a third of the left side.

miss me with that nonsense.
Just because GGG doesn't do anything about scammers, doesn't mean they support scammers.

Complacency is not the same as endorsement.
hoho only notification I need is the reminder to never buy Kirac's vault pass.
-Official Forum Dweller-
-I started the hoho movement-
-Exploit Early - Exploit Often-
-Moderators are absurd and OP-
Last edited by xPiranha on Aug 20, 2023, 8:09:03 AM
Naw we need to see what no life streamer got to The Ledge first.
I know. I don't care to know there's some creepy basement goober dripping with sweat and a bedpan next to his pc with no life and no job.

Totally cringe.
"
Jayburner wrote:
I would pay money to turn it off.

The irony here, is that is how GGG bombards you with marketing messages.
pretty sure that's part of the business model for games like poe.... but why do you get triggered by it? just ignore it...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info