Intuitive Link

Post your feedback for this skill here!

Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a skill - The more we know about your character, the better we can understand your feedback.
Last bumped on Dec 14, 2023, 7:05:10 AM
Death penalty feels excessive. It is already troublesome enough without it.
You need to have a dedicated partymate or minion
In both cases, invest enough to prevent deaths
Then you need to invest in your own ehp and then in damage

Even if you meet all the requirements to use it in the first place, you are still relying on minion AI or unpredictable targetting of the allied player.

All this to get a watered down version of cwc. The effort and investment don't match the benefits.

Even if the CD was reduced down to 0.1s so it can be used in full parties or on multiple minions it would not feel too powerful since managing the links would require lots of effort

To be honest, I struggle to find a decent use case for it in its current state.
Nothing here
This is more of a generic link skill feedback.

It is quite cumbersome to select the right target when linking, when not directly hovering a target it will auto-link to a target within range which can quickly result in death. Combined with the fact that link skills have a duration, as a summoner especially, it is very easy to select say a duration minion like a skeleton which will either expire or die too easily. It should be much easier and hassle free to select the right target each time.
1) These Link skills should just be 'lasts until cancelled' instead of having a duration. It's really awkward feeling to have to continually refresh them - it just doesn't fit with this style of ability.

2) In addition to not being able to target invincible minions, the Minion Defense Mastery that lets you cast Link on minions should also prevent you from targeting temporary minions. Was a big lol when I realized I had accidentally linked to a Raging Spirit. "Aw....... fudge." *boom*
At the very minimum have the skill let you set default target once you join the group. Whenever you click the button past that point it will refresh the link without targeting. It gets too messy otherwise. Especially if you are in a party and have the minion node. Then you risk dying due to the bad targeting.
"
ShogunGunshow wrote:
1) These Link skills should just be 'lasts until cancelled' instead of having a duration. It's really awkward feeling to have to continually refresh them - it just doesn't fit with this style of ability.
+1
Another issue i find is that not only it drains mana per cast but it goes based on YOUR cast speed and not number of hits for the person you are linked to. This drains your mana faster than just casting the skill yourself as well as providing less damage. Also the fact that it reduces the damage it deals by 20% makes it seem like it would be all around better to cast the skill yourself.

i obtained this information with having the skill linked to a guardian with his attack speed higher than my cast speed.
This is such a fun skill. Until you try to use it in a party...

I've made a summoner, wanted to utilize the new Reaper, and have it go bananas with six link nova gems. It works alright, although I've gone back to spamming it on my zombies and spectres, as the reaper does not tank, and I can't control it when trying to move and survive. Using the taunt totem is suicide with this skill, which is what I'm getting to:

Because the game design on how this gem targets stuff should get someone fired.

I can have 10 minions up, and one totem. The autotarget targets the totem, and I die.

If I play in a party, and ANYONE has a totem, I can not touch this skill, or I die. The same with any other temporary creature. Even if the creature or totem doesn't die, and fade out, I die regardless.

Currently at level 60, 84 deaths, 79 of which are misclicks like these.

You got to stop this skill from being able to target totems and other things that time out. Especially since you can never see what you are actually clicking on in big fights, and the 8 second duration makes it so you have to try.
"That's how you die properly, Sailor Boy.."
Just checked poe ninja to see how much this new Link abilities encourage gameplay in both trade leagues (HC and SC).

All link skills in general are not that much used even in SC trade league where it would make most sense since occasionally dying is not an issue, at least in theory (so may triple G think).

Turns out it missed the mark ,with its inbuilt auto-death , bad QoL and targeting, and not many in high levels are even trying it out.

The most "popular" one is Soul Link with 0.2% in SC Scourge trade, 37 characters (at the time of this post) found in the level range 95-100.

HC Trade has maybe two dozens for all links skills alltogether in the level range 84-95.

As a start and suggestion to make it more friendly to party play.
Remove the auto-death and make it 50% lost life or something.

And increase the duration/range or maybe make it permanent.
Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
Last edited by gandhar0 on Nov 9, 2021, 10:24:13 AM
I Agree that death on minion expiration is a problem - especially with the reaper, 'cause he SHOULD consume other minions. so don't allow to target timed minions or make the link expire with the minion - without killing the player.

Oh, and you really got me with the edict of reflection minion - took me a while to understand those deaths since I didn't realize I had another minion for the first few deaths after a carelass enchant...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info