[3.16] Devon's Blazing Headsman | Avatar of Fire Slayer | Cyclone + Totems | Endgame

3.16 Update Changes
------------------------------------------
Burn them and spin!

- I just came up with it (will update as I go)
- It burns stuff and deals really good damage
------------------------------------------

IMPORTANT:

Make sure to take the Armor Mastery "50% increased stun threshold." for stun prevention:

Pros
+ works on a budget
+ decent starter
+ tears bosses apart
+ can do most map mods (even reflect with Awakened gems)
+ tanky (7k+ effective life, Fortify, Overleech, 10% reduced damage taken)
+ HC viable (needs adjustments for defenses)
+ 5M+ DPS (without counting the damage that the totems do)

Cons
- maxing out is expensive (Tombfist, Ryslatha, Voidforge, Jewels, Awakened gems)
- totems are somewhat clunky to use (but provide amazing benefits)

THE BUILD

How does it work?

Voidforge is BiS here. Nothing else.

Simple, Spin to win and crit!
Since we're purely Fire based the Awakened Elemental damage with attacks allows 100% fire reflect immunity. With that we're able to do most map mods without having to worry about any form of reflect.
We get life leech from the Ascendancy!

GIFs and Videos (3.11)

Elder

Sirus (A8)

Endgame Showcase

Path of Building - Pastabin

COMMUNITY FORK
1] https://pastebin.com/vAyNkw1h (3.16, updated 27.10.)

Use this as much as you can, everything is inside. I even incorporated the Normal/Cruel/Merciless/Endgame trees, to the bottom left where it says "Eternal Lab (94)", click on that and you can swap out the trees to see what you need to prioritize. Also here you can check out the whole tree, gear, gems, enchants, damage, etc. Basically you can see everything that I had and what you should aim for.

Leveling

General tips:

[spoiler]Spoilers still not working so I'll just leave it empty for now.[/spoiler]

Passive Tree, Ascendancy, Bandits and Pantheon

Passive Tree

[spoiler]Spoilers still not working so I'll just leave it empty for now.[/spoiler]

Ascendancy

1.) Headsman
2.) Bane of Legends
3.) Brutal Fervour
4.) Overwhelm

Bandits

Alira

Pantheon

I mostly go with: Lunaris + Shakari

Alternative Lunaris + Gurukhan - Just for the move speed (gottagofast).

Shakari is great vs chaos and poison obv.
Gurukhan provides some weak evasion that's walled behind a "when you take a savage hit" condition but the movespeed is useful.
Grutkhul is somewhat consistent tankiness.

All Links

Take the regular 21/20 Cyclone version just because of the additional AoE it provides and because it wont consume Vaal souls. The Vaal version is very bad as it literally (and unfortunately) locks you in place for a set period of time.
Get the Vaal ancestral Warchief instead of a normal one.

[from most important to least, prioritize like this]
(A) means it would be nice if it's an awakened variant

6L -> Cyclone + Fortify + Infused Channeling + Fire Penetration (A) + Elemental Damage with Attacks (A) + Melee Physical Damage (A)

6L -> Vaal Ancestral Warchief + Ancestral Protector + Combustion + Elemental Damage with attacks + Melee Physical Damage + Multistrike

4L -> Summon Skitterbots + Herald of Purity + Herald of Ash + Enlighten (4)

4L -> Summon Ice Golem + Minion Life + Precision + Molten Shell

4L -> Blood and Sand + Blood Rage + Leap Slam + Eduring Cry

Gear

Mana Sustain Options
1) Both rings need -3 mana cost of channeling skills
2) Get a chest that gives -15 mana cost to attacks and socket your Cyclone there.

Leveling gear

My Gear

Flasks

Anointment:

Most Life:
Discipline and Training = +350 total life

Most Boss Damage:
Titanic Impacts = +9% more damage

My personal current achievements with the build:

Hope you guys like it, if you have any more questions feel free to ask down below.

Check out what I'm playing this league and other guides:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2724153
"Let your smile change the world, but don't let the world change your smile." -unknown
"The Emperor beckons and the world attends." -Izaro
"Shine boldly so that all may find you when the night falls." -Izaro
Last edited by devon752 on Nov 4, 2021, 11:12:14 AM
Last bumped on Nov 22, 2021, 11:20:18 PM
Umm the six link is empty!
"
moamaan wrote:
Umm the six link is empty!
Fixed and updated!
"Let your smile change the world, but don't let the world change your smile." -unknown
Will try this as my league starter (yes i know its already a week or so) and i hope it work out well.
Running this build this league and I'm into early maps without any of the uniques-- still doing a-okay. Big fan of your builds, Devon.
You're on bathsalts.
"
Lady_Rarity wrote:
Running this build this league and I'm into early maps without any of the uniques-- still doing a-okay. Big fan of your builds, Devon.
I luv u an ty <3

"
tomxlove wrote:
You're on bathsalts.
Ty.
Last edited by devon752 on Oct 28, 2021, 3:56:19 AM
Hey!

First of, thank you for putting this build guide together, I've been looking for a cyclone build this league and I really liked the way this build is a bit off meta and has a satisfying gameplay with HoA.

I'm not super experienced with builds and generally go for things a bit more hand-holding but I really want to expand on this build and see where it can go so I have some questions, please, to help understand exactly how this build works.

Firstly; If I'm not mistaken Multistrike cannot support totems, so would multiple totems support be better here for 2 ancestral protectors then using vaal Ancestral when up?

EDIT: I think this was the Wiki being out of date, it looks like multistrike DOES support totems now. Ignore this question :)

Second; How exactly do we scale this build? I understand how Avatar of Fire works but I see your gear seems to push more physical damage, so is it better to stack phys damage and let it convert to fire or is there a benefit to also building for fire damage, e.g, I found a helmet that includes "Increased burning Damage", is this a good state for the build?

Third; Off the back of question 2, how important is Crit & Crit multi in the build? I see we take the Slayer node in Uber lab for increased crit multi -- I was wondering if the increased AOE node per kill could also be swapped in here or if crit plays a large part of the damage.

I think that's all I have at the moment, sorry for the wall of text, again thanks a bunch for putting this build together in the first place. I'm having a lot of fun :)
Last edited by vFlagR on Nov 1, 2021, 9:46:26 AM
Playing this build, it sucks we cant use Impact for better aoe
Last edited by wotad on Nov 3, 2021, 4:51:57 PM
Any video of gameplay?
Get over it!

Twitch.tv/Heartgrave

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info