Path of Exile 3.16 Balance - Part 3 - Auras, Curses and Elemental Damage Over Time

"
Nyisz wrote:
All happy people will cry on global when they reach endgame, amd want host simulacrums or 5ways. "Need aurabot". Rip. They killed multiplayer mode. Since they nerfed core defences like block or dodge, and they added armour, evasion, and yiu take only half of the elemental damage if you evade (?), is still shit. High bosses will kill you, even with 50% damage taken, if they hit you, and as I see, they have 100% chabce to hit you with spells. 6party buffed bosses just too strong to play without aurabot.
Chris Wilson should look for another job. This one is not going well.

6 party player boosted bosses should be destroyed in seconds as boss only has 500% life increase instead of 600%

You still have 5x the damage + still some aura boost from the nerfed aura bot. Real party play should still be perfectly fine, it's just a bit closer to solo play.

Or do you mean, hey i suddenly can't carry a 6 man party anymore, because in that case i say, that's about time
I've spent 5,800 hours on this game and I just spent 20 minutes typing out a massive post only to delete it. I decided that it wasn't worth to rant about Path of Exile after I was done. I just have a few questions.

What are we rewarded with after all of this? Fueling our envy and spite while we fall victim to another's ire? When does additional content start becoming purely additional (No nerfs, buffs, or changes; just a new league)?
"
Shadeless01 wrote:
"
CeePee_ wrote:
The changes overall seem good, but full conversion (Triad Grip) and elemental minions are definitely the losers here. The effective removal of EE is a direct -50% to -70% dps loss against high resistance enemies like Sirus.

With these changes, there's basically no reason to go cold conversion, as physical and impale get more dps with less investment, so this is definitely something to keep in mind for rebalancing (stuff such as aura effect on minions could help here, but the loss of EE is a major nerf to these builds)

Using my old HelluHarvests as an example, picking up the old EE on the tree gives the build +73% dps against Sirus, I don't think the build can recover from that.

+ 1 good bye elemental minions.

3.16 will be worse then 3.15, and 3.15 was all ready really really frustrating.

Defenses, really not convinced there, now it's just 1 way to build.. what a great changes. And seriously evade + dodge is 2 layers you go back to 1 layer, how the fuck can that be better.

https://poedb.tw/us/Fleshcrafter
dead game
bring back 3.13
"
Tainted_Fate wrote:
"
Shadeless01 wrote:
"
CeePee_ wrote:
The changes overall seem good, but full conversion (Triad Grip) and elemental minions are definitely the losers here. The effective removal of EE is a direct -50% to -70% dps loss against high resistance enemies like Sirus.

With these changes, there's basically no reason to go cold conversion, as physical and impale get more dps with less investment, so this is definitely something to keep in mind for rebalancing (stuff such as aura effect on minions could help here, but the loss of EE is a major nerf to these builds)

Using my old HelluHarvests as an example, picking up the old EE on the tree gives the build +73% dps against Sirus, I don't think the build can recover from that.

Defenses, really not convinced there, now it's just 1 way to build.. what a great changes. And seriously evade + dodge is 2 layers you go back to 1 layer, how the fuck can that be better.

To get a 6 link of that is hard and expensive, it's completely useless defensive wise, has no life, no resists and i just don't see how eliminating resistances help if you don't do damage in the first place.
"
I've spent 5,800 hours on this game and I just spent 20 minutes typing out a massive post only to delete it. I decided that it wasn't worth to rant about Path of Exile after I was done. I just have a few questions.

What are we rewarded with after all of this? Fueling our envy and spite while we fall victim to another's ire? When does additional content start becoming purely additional (No nerfs, buffs, or changes; just a new league)?

I have the same, it is simply tiring. I'd like to enter the league and have fun with my friends. And not sitting for hours to calculate what can and cannot be done, it's not fun. 99% of players have to use POB ... is that the point of the game? sit xx hours in the game and simulate your character? This is what POE looks like at present... Tragedy. They do not play, they do not combine in the game, they have to run simulations... And such deep and continuous changes only strengthen it. Anyway, from now on it is an absolutely singleplayer game. There is no point in playing it anymore.
"
Tainted_Fate wrote:
"
Shadeless01 wrote:
"
CeePee_ wrote:

Fleshcrafter has it's issues as it doesn't give any stats as a chest and especially Golem tankyness comes from the high life regen, which turns off when you convert life into ES.

It's definitely an option to keep in mind, but I fear it makes minions far too squishy while the pure phys/impale still has none of these downsides
"
Reaper0181 wrote:
"
Lundh wrote:
"
impulze3 wrote:
rip aurastacking.

gz on ruining another build archetype.

How to kill another aspect of endgame and stomp a 10+ mir build into history.

I played this build for 5 leagues now, improving it bit by bit every league.
About 15-20 mirrors of stuff, soon to be obsolete.

Aura effect gone from clusters, clusters unuseable.
i'd need 588% increased reservation efficiency on my gear to run all my 16 auras, which is impossible with 2% on jewels.

this leaves a bad taste in my mouth, you disregard the time i spent on this build in one single patch because reddit crybabies are complaining about party play. again and again you kill things in collateral from multiple angles.

the solution was so simple, lowering aura effect on others and leaving reservation alone as it impacts other builds aswell. now you probably ruined a bunch of builds with those changes, not just aurabots and stacking.

we'll wait and see how it plays out. If 3.16 is not the ultimate bomb league mechanic to make up for this loss, i will quit this game

[Removed by Support]
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Pictures of the rude pms i am getting. I guess you're allowed to be toxic in pms, but you're not allowed to show that to anyone.

Here is an accurate version without the name and shame

The balance team and chris being out of touch with their game isn't the only reason why this game is going downhill.
The community is more toxic than ever, more so than the community of eve online. Alot of people i play with in standard are chill, but this? I can't imagine what goes through your head that you gain joy from sending me those pms, does it make you feel powerful or that you received some kind of twisted justice? Does it statisfy your jealousy?

Yes a broken archetype which should have been addressed a long time ago is now finally reigned in. Satisfies me greatly.

Enjoy making another build instead of playing the same build 5 leagues in a row.

yea play as dev want how you dare play someting that you enjoy LUL you have to play as we tell you obey cause some brain cant go around complex build . most stupid shit i heard.telling some one to do something that they dont want in fucking video game LUL.

"complex" kekw
So i have a few points about aura stackers.

First of all, yes with mirrors on mirrors of investment they can and will be way too strong for a solo build, BUT theres a few things that dont get said i think.
First of all, Party play, the main reason that was in that manifesto. yes if you have a 6 man party and one player dedicates all his effort to the auras that give dmg and survivability then that player can do it better than all the players that wouldve done partial work otherwise, thats definetly true. But what you dont take into account is the fact that first of all theres only a small percentage that even plays in 6 man parties at the start of the league and 2nd the monster health scales up with each player, which makes it harder to kill monsters so you need more dmg.
the other thing is, if you have 40 Million DPS (sounds so much back in the day) which is around the dps of your regular min maxed aura stacker. The price for that is mirrors and mirrors on end. you can get the same ammount for cheaper with a few hundred ex, maybe 2-3 mirrors. not the 10-20-50 mirrors a aura stacker consumes. so why would you remove one of the largest currency sinks in the game, that a lot of players enjoy, (not nearly as much as when you had the herald nodes not fixed) These players spend days and weeks trying to perfect that character while others already deal 3 times their dmg. i prolly cant really get my point across, since my arguments might be a bit chopped off. im kinda sick right now so ill leave it at that.
"
Shadeless01 wrote:
"
Nyisz wrote:
All happy people will cry on global when they reach endgame, amd want host simulacrums or 5ways. "Need aurabot". Rip. They killed multiplayer mode. Since they nerfed core defences like block or dodge, and they added armour, evasion, and yiu take only half of the elemental damage if you evade (?), is still shit. High bosses will kill you, even with 50% damage taken, if they hit you, and as I see, they have 100% chabce to hit you with spells. 6party buffed bosses just too strong to play without aurabot.
Chris Wilson should look for another job. This one is not going well.

6 party player boosted bosses should be destroyed in seconds as boss only has 500% life increase instead of 600%

You still have 5x the damage + still some aura boost from the nerfed aura bot. Real party play should still be perfectly fine, it's just a bit closer to solo play.

Or do you mean, hey i suddenly can't carry a 6 man party anymore, because in that case i say, that's about time

* Fax emoji *
Last edited by Baliqci on Oct 8, 2021, 4:32:48 AM
"
Shadeless01 wrote:
To get a 6 link of that is hard and expensive, it's completely useless defensive wise, has no life, no resists and i just don't see how eliminating resistances help if you don't do damage in the first place

well not harder or more expensive than most of any other unique chest pieces.
and i didn't get the "don't do damage" part. yeah, damage was nerfed in 3.15 and this is a disaster, but this is more of like wider problem of the game. still you can get into 8 or even 10m skeleton mages dps with that thing with very good gear.

"
CeePee_ wrote:
Fleshcrafter has it's issues as it doesn't give any stats as a chest and especially Golem tankyness comes from the high life regen, which turns off when you convert life into ES.

It's definitely an option to keep in mind, but I fear it makes minions far too squishy while the pure phys/impale still has none of these downsides

it doesn't convert all hp or even half hp to es, only 2% per 1% of chaos res
golems will be resurrected if they die (in case of elementalist)

there are necromancers with 8k+ hp using this chest on poe.ninja. mostly skeleton mages builds. but still it's possible to build tanky char with it.
dead game
bring back 3.13
Last edited by Tainted_Fate on Oct 8, 2021, 4:34:42 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info