[3.16] Seismic/Exsanguinate Trap Build | Saboteur | Scourge | Path of Exile 3.16

Like I say above, it's fine in scourge if you build it right. Perhaps I should just make another build post for it, but I'm 95 and able to level in T16s while doing the league content. It comes at the cost of some DPS, but there's plenty of room to scale that still.

Edit: still dangerous of course. I'm at 60% to 96, died twice this level doing T14+ with scourge content.
Last edited by NoImagination on Nov 1, 2021, 9:36:29 AM
"
FrunkBear wrote:
feels ok for map bosses and maven 10x encounters, but new Blighted maps bosses are impossible to kill in time

I just tried this. Blight ravaged bosses have literally 50x the HP of guardians, so it isn't really a problem that DPS can solve.

The solution is to stunlock them with T3 earth tower with T3 empower tower, or with T4 ice cage and/or T4 minions if they're resistant to phys. Then you use arc towers to clear all the normal minions for you (alongside T3 earth/T3 empower to keep them in range), and you concentrate on the bosses. They take a while to go down.
Last edited by NoImagination on Nov 1, 2021, 4:51:27 PM
How's this build perform against Sirus? I've heard from multiple different sources that in general it's a pain in the ass to deal with him since he teleports around all the damn time so having to get him to stay still to get a seismic trap to hit him is fairly hard.
It's hard to comment as it depends on how well you know the fight. He teleports in the direction he's facing, so you can normally throw a trap down as soon as he moves, even if off-screen.

I think it does help to have decent exsanguinate DPS against bosses that move a lot though, and there's no reason you can't have 25-30% of seismic trap's DPS with exsanguinate. That makes the fight a lot easier.

But even knowing the fight, I struggled with him until I had hit the ~15ex investment break point. I did my first couple on A0 then A4.
Last edited by NoImagination on Nov 2, 2021, 3:08:47 AM
Hey NoImagination, I see that you have exsanguinate on your chest instead of the usual gloves, is it better in your opinion?
I have a question if anyone is kind enough to help.

What does OP mean by:

"Problem: Thread of Hope doesn't provide the nodes we want. (Not worth using for just one node.)

Solution: Replace it with a rare jewel."

Which node/nodes is he specifically referring to? And is this to mean that I should not be using Thread of Hope running this build? Thanks in advance
"
flewychan wrote:
Hey NoImagination, I see that you have exsanguinate on your chest instead of the usual gloves, is it better in your opinion?

Well, it solves the mana problem. And I'm not quite there yet, but I'd like to one shot rares in scourge, this seems more important than some boss DPS improvements for this league.

But partly I'm keeping it because I harvest crafted the gloves, and realised I can get +1 AOE gems on them, so it's a 6.5 link for seismic trap now. The +2 gems chest was cheaper too, as I'm a little off-meta.

Edit: actually, do the 'supported by' gem affixes have a mana multiplier? I've been assuming they don't, but I don't actually know that. I'm 64 mana per seismic cast.

"
Perplexities wrote:
Which node/nodes is he specifically referring to? And is this to mean that I should not be using Thread of Hope running this build? Thanks in advance

It depends which tree you're using exactly. The way I'm doing it at least, the thread is still valuable (though it looks weird as I've temporarily taken the two life nodes by blood siphon while I wait for a level). But you should just put it into POB and see if it saves you any passive points with & without.
Last edited by NoImagination on Nov 2, 2021, 12:34:50 PM
I am dying so much and my dps for Exsanguiate is super low. Looking for any advice on what to change up.
Man I hit lvl 81 earlier with no problems and with mostly ssf gear. Hitting lvl 80 ain't a challenge to me anymore, though I can say this was definitely the easiest time I had doing it.

So is there a big difference between low lvl cwdt+IC vs high lvl cwdt+steelskin??? For now I plan on getting some of my gear pieces colored and skill gems set in place. Got a 6L Seismic Trap very early and got lazy with my other skill links lol
The build works fine for me and iam still missing my last lab :D

Iam new to the build and want to know where to spend my few/next chaos/ex orbs?

iam still figuring out how my flask should look? (Curse, Freeze, bleed etc.)

Thats my gear:

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info