True system requirements PLEASE!

I would not try to run ANY game on an integrated graphic card (Intel HD graphic for example)
I have an expensive gaming rig at home, and the games FPS still drop to 10-15 sometimes in maps.. makes no sence..
IGN: Devil_Driver \m/(> . <)\m/
"
Buzi wrote:

based on what I see, and the performance I get on THIS System (see my sig), I'd say the sensible GOOD RECOMMENDED
'min' card would be equiv to a 560TI Nvidia performance level. As for bare minimum.. I can't say. I suspect it would be 9800GTX or better at the minimum (Frankly, i'm too lazy to look that last one up it may not be a shader model 3.0..i forget now).

The game runs *okay* for me under Wine using a GeForce 9800 GT, but I'm considering getting something more powerful, as in a lot of places, it sits at 20 fps or so, which is still playable, but a little stiff. There were also lots of dips in FPS related to certain skills, but running the entire game out of a RAM drive has solved a lot of those issues for me -- I suspect the speed/cache of your disk matters a fair bit (and probably in my case there were some not-so-great interactions with Wine there).
hi, i'm not really good at this computer stuff, and I would like to ask if i can play this game on my bro's pc with as Intel 985 video card?

thanks
"
Zacam wrote:
As this product is still in Beta, Minimum and Recommended system specs have not yet been officially Ironed out.

Fyi, I'm running the game well on an AMD AM2 6400+ (Dual core, 3.2ghz per core) with 8gb system Ram (DDR2 @800) and an nVidia 8800 GT 1gb card.

It is an old system but it handles everything well.

Oldest nVidia Cards that support Shader Model 3 (SM3.0) are the 6xxx series cards. A 6600 would be the bare minimum I would recommend for decent performance, and preferably something closer to the 7xxx/8xxx series would be better. (The 9xxx/2xx series is the same GPU as the 8800 GT, just usually re-fabricated to a different die size)

Oldest ATI/AMD cards that support it are the X1300-1950 series cards, but you would honestly be better off with the HD2000-HD3000 series cards, because the X1xx series actually have a significant flaw where "Vertex Texture Fetching" is not supported on the hardware native like it should be and newer drivers no longer support "faking" it for the card (you have to use the "Legacy" product drivers).

The CPU -should- ideally be fine (it does support at least SSE2 at least), save that it is longer in the tooth than even my AMD processor. I hope yours is one that supports HyperThreading at least (Prescott edition) and it likely suffers more from bottlenecking on the frontside bus and ram communication speed, so I would make sure that you reduce or minimize (if you haven't already) the number of other programs you are running in the background..

Our computers are almost identical, except you have 4x as much RAM as me. I'm curious, have you ever used Lightning Strike or Poison Arrow? I run the game great aside from particular spell effects such as these. Have you tried grouping at all? I have an AMD Athlon Dual Core 6000+ (3ghz), 2GB RAM and nvidia GTS 250 1GB. Just been wondering if there is anything I can do to minimize the impact these spells have on my performance. I get 50-60 fps in combat, but Lightning Strike with LMP cuts it down to 30 or less.

edit: All settings are on bare minimum except for AA which is set to 1.
IGN: EmpathicAmoeba
Last edited by DavosTheOnionKnight on Feb 16, 2013, 11:49:14 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info