Expedition League Lore: Creating the Kalguurans

You can always count on GGG to come up with some damn good lore.
Curiosity is followed by ambition. Ambition, is followed by madness.
"
These are not the typical divas that stand around in town posing while the Exile saves the world. These are men and women on a quest. They're battle-hardened true believers in a cause.

That also meant they couldn't be doing this for money, as one might otherwise expect from a merchant. The currency uncovered in this process had to mean something else to them. As it already had to have the qualities of being ancient, buried, and mysterious, their currencies became relics with cultural significance.

At that point, we had a group of dedicated warriors looking to explore the past for cultural reasons that were very important to them.

I identify with this on a spiritual level.
So there IS something deliberate about what Gwennen says when you get a Wurm's Molt
Le Toucan Will Return
A nice subtle touch is that there are starting to be item-specific prefix pools for naming rare items. Rare logbook names are very on-theme. I think Maven's Invitations are doing this too?
FOR THE COWGIRL!
"
DieAbolicaL wrote:
i don't play the game for the story. this league is dull in terms of gameplay.
click on the ground a few times, kill some mobs, pick up loot, yawn.

but that's what you do for everything in this game?
Hope to see more of the Kalguur in the future. Their lore has been my favorite in POE so far!
"
Larvine wrote:
"
DieAbolicaL wrote:
i don't play the game for the story. this league is dull in terms of gameplay.
click on the ground a few times, kill some mobs, pick up loot, yawn.

but that's what you do for everything in this game?

it's more of the same. i want new stuff
Thanks! Love the lore in PoE and these posts by the team!
Really love callout lines on bosses. If GGG want slow gameplay please add these audio cues to every bosses in game and give a proper cooldown to skills so they will ignore some map speed mods.
Right, just fire.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info