[3.16] CoC Ice Nova Build | Occultist | Scourge | Path of Exile 3.16

Been trying this build. Using a belt with 14% ICDR. However, my POB says my APS isn't 7.57 but 6.xx. Am I doing something wrong?
arcane surge left at lvl 4 is to trigger it earlier because mana cost to trigger it is lower.

if you have the belt icdr and awakened coc lvl 3, it will lower your cdr way too much.
"
Carry101 wrote:
Why occultist over assassin?

Because Occultist is the superior crit Ascendancy for COC Ice Nova. Power Charge generation for end-game bosses/Maven encounters, has a lot of flexibility when it comes to spending points and a lot of options where to spend points due to where the Witch starts.

100% crit is easily achievable, especially in 3.16.

You can roll additional crit chance on base flasks whilst dropping corrupted blood mitigation from the flask itself.

For those of you who are struggling with getting the attacks per second straightened out - your Cospri IAS modifier is likely the problem - load it up in POB and change the value up/down by editing the item.

Helmet enchant is scuffed - switch to Ice Nova, 40% increased damage.

Drop the helmet and go for a corrupted Viridi's Veil w/ either maximum power charges or socketed AOE gems, slap Vortex -> Hextouch -> Frostbite -> Elemental Weakness in it. Pick third curse near CI.

Fix bottom left corner jewel slot - it can be taken cheaper by 1 point (I'm sure you can figure it out), remove the gem and put in Transcendent Flesh, it's 50c.

Drop the Light Radius point, it really isn't needed you can see just fine without it.

Change both rings get one Moonstone Rings, buy a Shaper influenced one for 1c, scour it, alt spam for lvl 12 Assassin's mark, craft the second modifier for whatever you need it and leave it blue, WOW, CRIT IMMUNE, DMG IS UNLUCKY, no longer dying to one shots? You're welcome. Get an unset ring for your other ring with good stats for your Herald of ice.

Pick Ghost Reaver.

51% increased Cold Damage while affected by Hatred
Critical Strikes Penetrate 9% of Enemy Elemental Resistances while affected by Zealotry - this Watcher's Eye is 2 ex right now - 6/4/6

46% increased Cold Damage while affected by Hatred
Regenerate 2.23% of Energy Shield per Second while affected by Discipline - 2 ex, 5/4/5

30% increased Maximum total Energy Shield Recovery per second from Leech while affected by Zealotry
52% increased Cold Damage while affected by Hatred - 2 ex - 6/4/6.

Non-corrupted Anomalous Zealotry is 20 c, get one, max it and corrupt.

Make sure your second ring has flat lightning to spells, you will shock, A LOT.

Gloves in the POB have some scuffed stats and some unneeded stats - pick better gear when it comes to resists and you can dump the useless Cold res suffix for crit + ele dmg from the crafting bench or damage during flask, or damage during soul gain prevention, as much as 60%.

Boots have a scuffed prefix, slap elemental ailments avoidance on there instead of life per second.

If you get flat lightning to spells, pick Static Blows, just right of Thread of Hope and above Essence Surge (30 ES, faster recharge passive).

6% Energy from Within, please.

You can comfortably get Flesh and Stone in with the leftover mana for even more survivability.

Deep Chill is honestly not needed whatsoever, save yourself the money and buy either Blanketed Snow + Doryani's Lesson, or Blanketed Snow + Cold to the Core, or all 3 if you can buy or craft (get lucky).

You can drop ES regen mastery if you get the cheaper Watcher's Eye with the built in regen and spend it elsewhere.

I've picked a 9 passive cluster jewel in the POB below as it was cheaper when I checked.

All in all, there are far too many improvements to be made here and the author doesn't seem to be very active.

Enjoy
https://pastebin.com/syGJbX4t

EDIT: Added Mastery for Corrupted Blood, some POB edits.

Catalyst your gear, stats on Chayula. Get a better boots Enchantment. Make sure the magic ring is in the left slot, read Viridi's Veil. Change Cospri enchant to Elemental damage.

Overall, with these changes, you're doing 1.5mil more DPS as per POB and you're crit immune, damage hitting you is unlucky (all damage you take rolls twice, picks the lower value).

You can add War Banner in the mix for more accuracy and dump the Accuracy on ring for a more useful stat.

With these changes you also have 76 Fire & Cold res and 77 Lightning res. All of this is manageable at lvl 96, which is easily reachable.

If you get an 8 points Large Cluster, that brings you down to 95.

My 2 cents.

EDIT, last one:

You can pick Enfeeble or Temporal Chains for your secondary curse, if you'd like to be more defensive. Plus, keep in mind that applying curses with Hextouch & Vortex is the superior exposure method for COC Occultist. You can even get Awakened Hextouch, if you rich.
Last edited by kri4o9 on Nov 17, 2021, 5:16:37 PM
The character dies with one hit. It shouldn't be like that. Damage is normal. But even about up to on t13 cards they kill with one hit.

I understand that the character is shitty dressed, etc. But how to start improving it if many builds die. I have no idea how to play on hc and ssf
"
kri4o9 wrote:
"
Carry101 wrote:
Why occultist over assassin?

Because Occultist is the superior crit Ascendancy for COC Ice Nova. Power Charge generation for end-game bosses/Maven encounters, has a lot of flexibility when it comes to spending points and a lot of options where to spend points due to where the Witch starts.

100% crit is easily achievable, especially in 3.16.

You can roll additional crit chance on base flasks whilst dropping corrupted blood mitigation from the flask itself.

For those of you who are struggling with getting the attacks per second straightened out - your Cospri IAS modifier is likely the problem - load it up in POB and change the value up/down by editing the item.

Helmet enchant is scuffed - switch to Ice Nova, 40% increased damage.

Drop the helmet and go for a corrupted Viridi's Veil w/ either maximum power charges or socketed AOE gems, slap Vortex -> Hextouch -> Frostbite -> Elemental Weakness in it. Pick third curse near CI.

Fix bottom left corner jewel slot - it can be taken cheaper by 1 point (I'm sure you can figure it out), remove the gem and put in Transcendent Flesh, it's 50c.

Drop the Light Radius point, it really isn't needed you can see just fine without it.

Change both rings get one Moonstone Rings, buy a Shaper influenced one for 1c, scour it, alt spam for lvl 12 Assassin's mark, craft the second modifier for whatever you need it and leave it blue, WOW, CRIT IMMUNE, DMG IS UNLUCKY, no longer dying to one shots? You're welcome. Get an unset ring for your other ring with good stats for your Herald of ice.

Pick Ghost Reaver.

51% increased Cold Damage while affected by Hatred
Critical Strikes Penetrate 9% of Enemy Elemental Resistances while affected by Zealotry - this Watcher's Eye is 2 ex right now - 6/4/6

46% increased Cold Damage while affected by Hatred
Regenerate 2.23% of Energy Shield per Second while affected by Discipline - 2 ex, 5/4/5

30% increased Maximum total Energy Shield Recovery per second from Leech while affected by Zealotry
52% increased Cold Damage while affected by Hatred - 2 ex - 6/4/6.

Non-corrupted Anomalous Zealotry is 20 c, get one, max it and corrupt.

Make sure your second ring has flat lightning to spells, you will shock, A LOT.

Gloves in the POB have some scuffed stats and some unneeded stats - pick better gear when it comes to resists and you can dump the useless Cold res suffix for crit + ele dmg from the crafting bench or damage during flask, or damage during soul gain prevention, as much as 60%.

Boots have a scuffed prefix, slap elemental ailments avoidance on there instead of life per second.

If you get flat lightning to spells, pick Static Blows, just right of Thread of Hope and above Essence Surge (30 ES, faster recharge passive).

6% Energy from Within, please.

You can comfortably get Flesh and Stone in with the leftover mana for even more survivability.

Deep Chill is honestly not needed whatsoever, save yourself the money and buy either Blanketed Snow + Doryani's Lesson, or Blanketed Snow + Cold to the Core, or all 3 if you can buy or craft (get lucky).

You can drop ES regen mastery if you get the cheaper Watcher's Eye with the built in regen and spend it elsewhere.

I've picked a 9 passive cluster jewel in the POB below as it was cheaper when I checked.

All in all, there are far too many improvements to be made here and the author doesn't seem to be very active.

Enjoy
https://pastebin.com/syGJbX4t

EDIT: Added Mastery for Corrupted Blood, some POB edits.

Catalyst your gear, stats on Chayula. Get a better boots Enchantment. Make sure the magic ring is in the left slot, read Viridi's Veil. Change Cospri enchant to Elemental damage.

Overall, with these changes, you're doing 1.5mil more DPS as per POB and you're crit immune, damage hitting you is unlucky (all damage you take rolls twice, picks the lower value).

You can add War Banner in the mix for more accuracy and dump the Accuracy on ring for a more useful stat.

With these changes you also have 76 Fire & Cold res and 77 Lightning res. All of this is manageable at lvl 96, which is easily reachable.

If you get an 8 points Large Cluster, that brings you down to 95.

My 2 cents.

EDIT, last one:

You can pick Enfeeble or Temporal Chains for your secondary curse, if you'd like to be more defensive. Plus, keep in mind that applying curses with Hextouch & Vortex is the superior exposure method for COC Occultist. You can even get Awakened Hextouch, if you rich.

Hello, I am following your indications. I have the doubt of how you got onslaught , i need for 7.37 aps.
In the video there is no item section to level up. only gems.
I don't know what weapon to level up with.
Just tried this build after after the 5th reroll of my character
I absolutely love it, thank you !
Nice build, tried it myself, but i dont have enough crit. any adivce (yes, i did read on how to get crit).
Anz advice,
ty
This build is very squishy - only play if you don't mind dying a lot
"
Tuyngma wrote:
Nice build, tried it myself, but i dont have enough crit. any adivce (yes, i did read on how to get crit).
Anz advice,
ty

you can get some increased critical chance cluster jewels. provide 70-80 increased critical chance.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info