Battlemage's Cry

Post your feedback for this skill here!

Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a skill - The more we know about your character, the better we can understand your feedback.
Last bumped on Mar 22, 2023, 4:17:08 PM
Battlemages Cry doesnt show up in the Cosmetics Tab. i was hoping to use my Wolf's Cry MTX with the new Warcry, as the description of said MTX mentions all Warcrys, it doesnt specify that it would not support this new one. sorry if there is a mistake on my part

This warcry is really cool! i like it alot, im currently using it with Bladestorm and Shield charge as a scion
This gem is either broken, poorly stated, or both.

Firstly, I'm using Double Strike as my build, but nothing else works with this gem without it being linked to BOTH the spell AND the attack skill. Exactly like Cast on Crit support... which SUCKS!

It makes this gem absolute trash. It's not in line with the idea of war cry skills, that are their own thing that EXERT attacks with benefits.

Either this is a bug, or it is very poorly designed.

If it is intended to be this way then at the very least you NEED to rewrite its description to concisely state that it needs to be linked to BOTH the attack skill and the spell.

But, as I've stated already, if it is supposed to work that way.... the gem is dog s__t. Period. It's not a war cry that is allowing a type of exerted attack, it's just bad and should seriously be put back to the drawing board.

AGAIN!!! PLEASE AT THE LEAST STATE THAT IT NEEDS TO BE BOTH LINKED TO THE ATTACK AND THE SPELL (even though no other war cry needs this bs), JUST AS IT'S STATED ON CAST ON CRIT!!!!
I have a few questions about the mechanics of this warcry:

1. What is the base radius?

2. Will buff effect increase the maximum spell damage gained as attacks beyond 150%?

3. Do I gain spell damage as attack damage until I use all 5 exerted attacks, or only during the duration of warcry buff effect?

4. Does increased buff effect increase the 25% spell damage gained as attack damage per power? Like if I had 100% buff effect would I get 50% spell damage gained as attack damage per power?
Last edited by starklife on Nov 5, 2021, 12:30:45 AM
"
starklife wrote:
I have a few questions about the mechanics of this warcry:

1. What is the base radius?

2. Will buff effect increase the maximum spell damage gained as attacks beyond 150%?

3. Do I gain spell damage as attack damage until I use all 5 exerted attacks, or only during the duration of warcry buff effect?

4. Does increased buff effect increase the 25% spell damage gained as attack damage per power? Like if I had 100% buff effect would I get 50% spell damage gained as attack damage per power?

It's good to see that GGG answers their costumers.

This skill is very poor implanted, one more for the Pantheon of dead skills. If at least we could get it on a 2h weapon, lice CoC and CwC it would be workable.
I was excited about the idea of this gem, however there is a lot of information not easily discernable.
It doesn't work on your melee attack if it's supported by Multistrike.
Only specific melee skills can be exerted (ie. cylone cannot be exerted)
You don't need Battlemage's warcry linked to the melee gem, but the game doesn't highlight when linked to the spell gem (which is confusing)
Also need the mana to cast the spell gem, and 5x casts within quick succession drains your mana pool.
"
Jixa87 wrote:
It doesn't work on your melee attack if it's supported by Multistrike.
Only specific melee skills can be exerted (ie. cylone cannot be exerted)

This is not specific to this skill, that's how Exerting works - Channelling skills and skills which repeat can't be exerted. This should be visible in-game in the reminder text for Exerting, which you should be able to see by holding alt while looking at the warcry gem popup.
"
Jixa87 wrote:
You don't need Battlemage's warcry linked to the melee gem, but the game doesn't highlight when linked to the spell gem (which is confusing)
I'll make a note of this - I suspect perhaps that system can be confused in cases of active skills with a secondary support effect like this.
"
Jixa87 wrote:
Also need the mana to cast the spell gem, and 5x casts within quick succession drains your mana pool.
That is how triggering skills works in all forms (since 3.15) - you still need to pay the cost.
Hello, cross posting my comment with Charged Dash. Unlike Blade Flurry, Charged Dash doesn't apply the end of channeling effect when the clones from General's Cry expire.

EDIT: Whoops, wrong battle cry
Last edited by galagrum on Sep 9, 2022, 1:25:36 AM
"
Hello, cross posting my comment with Charged Dash. Unlike Blade Flurry, Charged Dash doesn't apply the end of channeling effect when the clones from General's Cry expire.

General's Cry clone attacks count as exerted but do not consume other cry exerts nor benefit from them. You cannot have your clones trigger Battlemage's Cry spells.
This skill gem should have the Trigger gem tag, shouldn't it? I posted this as a separate bug post as well, but got sent here. https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3320334/page/1#p24801139
Last edited by stylpe on Nov 3, 2022, 11:57:26 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info