[3.23] Versatile Combatant Impale Shield Crush Slayer - Crush the Atlas - SSF Compatible

Hey there Taco. Planning to give this a spin for league start. I got one question though - in your gem links section you say we use Flesh and Stone partially for the Blind aspect. Since Blind is changed with Scourge to only interact with Evasion and we don't use Evasion, is it still going to be worth it either over another aura (just for Maim) or using the mana reservation nodes elsewhere? Cheers in advance!
"
Hey there Taco. Planning to give this a spin for league start. I got one question though - in your gem links section you say we use Flesh and Stone partially for the Blind aspect. Since Blind is changed with Scourge to only interact with Evasion and we don't use Evasion, is it still going to be worth it either over another aura (just for Maim) or using the mana reservation nodes elsewhere? Cheers in advance!

When it comes to mapping we get the advantage of blind and reduced damage from flesh and stone, and on bosses we get a bigger damage boost using the same skill. You can try using Skitterbots instead of Flesh and Stone if you like (since we have room to swap those two out), but at least on paper Flesh and Stone seems better
"
OMFGaTaco wrote:
"

When it comes to mapping we get the advantage of blind and reduced damage from flesh and stone, and on bosses we get a bigger damage boost using the same skill. You can try using Skitterbots instead of Flesh and Stone if you like (since we have room to swap those two out), but at least on paper Flesh and Stone seems better

Thanks for your reply. I think you didn't quite understand why I was asking about the Blind portion of Flesh and Stone (for mapping). In the Scourge patch notes, they stated that Blind will have no effect anymore unless you have Evasion:

"Blinded now causes targets to have 20% less Accuracy Rating and Evasion Rating. This change makes it so Blind is of no defensive help to characters who have no Evasion, but helps if you do."

Since we don't have Evasion (to benefit from their reduced accuracy) and use Resolute Technique (so we don't benefit from their reduced evasion), the Blind portion of Flesh and Stone will be useless to us, right? That was why I was asking if it's still worth it, even if the Blind has no effect.

I feel like with bossing you generally want to be in Blood Stance for extra damage anyway, but I was just curious if the overall Aura setup (or passive skilltree setup if we remove an aura and get more power elsewhere) would be different if we take this into account for mapping.
"

Since we don't have Evasion (to benefit from their reduced accuracy) and use Resolute Technique (so we don't benefit from their reduced evasion), the Blind portion of Flesh and Stone will be useless to us, right? That was why I was asking if it's still worth it, even if the Blind has no effect.

There is some evasion from the new node Reigning Veteran (former Versatile Combatant):
+10 to Armour and Evasion Rating per 1% Chance to Block Attack Damage

PoB shows with that setup 9% or so chance to evade, but not sure how big of a boost will blind be on top of that
"I fear no evil, for I am fear incarnate!"

"Many claim they wish to destroy their enemies. If this were true, most would be compelled to destroy themselves."
"
Thanks for your reply. I think you didn't quite understand why I was asking about the Blind portion of Flesh and Stone (for mapping). In the Scourge patch notes, they stated that Blind will have no effect anymore unless you have Evasion:

"Blinded now causes targets to have 20% less Accuracy Rating and Evasion Rating. This change makes it so Blind is of no defensive help to characters who have no Evasion, but helps if you do."

I feel like with bossing you generally want to be in Blood Stance for extra damage anyway, but I was just curious if the overall Aura setup (or passive skilltree setup if we remove an aura and get more power elsewhere) would be different if we take this into account for mapping.

We have some slight amounts of evasion but yeah, I think you're right that the blind doesn't really matter in this sense. The less damage taken does end up mattering though for those outside of the radius.
"
"
OMFGaTaco wrote:
"

I guess you could fit in Purity of Elements for ailment immunity or Tempest Shield for some extra spell block for mapping instead of having the blind. You're right though that it doesnt really help.
Hello. Can you clarify why you pick Blood In Eyes over Violent Retaliation?
And with Violent Retaliation you could change Bastion Berserker and Forceful Skewering for some extra clusters.

Also, what do you think to pick Swagger for frenzy charge generation?
"
Hello. Can you clarify why you pick Blood In Eyes over Violent Retaliation?
And with Violent Retaliation you could change Bastion Berserker and Forceful Skewering for some extra clusters.

Also, what do you think to pick Swagger for frenzy charge generation?

We don't know how good Violent Retaliation is, so Blood in the Eyes is picked because I know it's effective (at least to an extent). My guess is Violent Retaliation will be better though, but we don't know yet.

Bastion Berserker gives us 54% increased phys attack damage which makes the cluster worth it, but Forceful Skewering is removed for other trees depending on the focus, in return for getting the 20% impale chance physical mastery.

No need for us to use Swagger, we have Blood Rage. We use Frenzy for charges on big bosses like Sirus and Shaper.
Quick question to the Champion tree, the gem setup has Shield Crush linked with Close Combat support, yet both the in-game dps does not increase with it being linked nor is the icon showing Shield Crush is supported by it, also not getting the Combat Rush buff when hitting with Shield Crush (got axe as MH) - does the Close Combat support work for Shild Crush (as the gem description mentions only working with axes and swords)?
"I fear no evil, for I am fear incarnate!"

"Many claim they wish to destroy their enemies. If this were true, most would be compelled to destroy themselves."
Last edited by wizard_6 on Oct 23, 2021, 12:06:48 PM
I have a Question: Ur PoB has 4 different lvl95 trees (No Cluster, 1 Cluster, 79/78/78 Res, Lots of Life). Which Tree should i use on lvl 95 and why? ty for the help its my first shield crush build sry for asking.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info