Content Update 3.15.0 -- Path of Exile: Expedition

As a casual player, i wasn't even able to clear most of endgame content last few leagues, so this completely destroys any hope of doing so for this league and the following ones. Unfortunatly not all of us have the time to play many hours a day/week.

Will probably try if i have downtime, but this update pretty much tells me it's time to move on :(
Well they made more nerfs ... fine... whatever. But could someone tell me why should i play this game still ?)

It has same layers of random over random over random - no changes to loot generaion or other mechanics. No changes to trade. Same bosses - i feel no exitment to kill sirus or uber elder second thousand of times. No map bosses changes. Same no_matter_of_tier_of_map_you_running you still will drop same usless stuff in 99% of time. No changes to elder or shaper guards drop - still they mean nothing, drop nothing except you need to run them to go to elder or shaper. And more and more

All this game can offer - theory craft builds, craft gear and eternal farm different but same mobs - they do it every league. Istead give real changes and normal content they just slow the game and make no changes to core mechanics that most of the time anoying people. And it they accedent make something interesting and not so random like harvest - they nerf it throught the roof (don't make me wrong - im ok about harvest nerf but not in the way when it start to give you nothing )
Hey GGG what are you doing ??????????????????

I agree with the damage nerf, its fine...
But what the hell are you doing with this stupid mana multi to all support gems? Can you pls explain this crap??????????????

You increase your fanbase killlevel like Blizzard with Diablo mobile!!!!!!!

In my opion you crew dont play the game, we all cann see this with these crap patch notes....

Sry this is so brainless----> meleephys have reduce attack speed?!?!?!?
why not a damage nerf??????

I spend no money more to spend any supporterpacks..

you have no sypathie for your players!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sorry, but you can't hear the players. For the sake of 0.1% of players, I'm not going to spend my money. You have prioritized streamers. Well, let the streamers serve you.

According to the patch, as I understand it, you need 10 people in the game. OK. Diablo has enough of these games. I'd rather play the original Diablo 2.
"
The Abyss Jewel modifier that grants 30% increased Accuracy if you haven’t killed recently can no longer roll.

Like... why?! It makes no sense to me. Was used in only one build and it wasn't even a budget build or a super mega OP immortal build.
R.I.P casual players :(
I usually do not write a post. My point of view in this nerf patch are
1. Power reduction Yes
2. # of Builds Reduction No
3. More play time Yes
4. Annoying slowed walking and running around No

I understand the game at the moment needs to reduce power cap which only make league monster too strong and other monster like glasses. The trigger Mana, increase mana and remove curse and elemental immunization killed COC, CWC, SpellSlinger, Burning build, significantlly narrowed possbile builds for ES base (ingnit and bleed hurts ES like shit), spells build (little mana leech), and many others.

kill lets say maybe 80% of builds majorly played hurts feelings. I think GGG, you, want to focus on dragging power cap, not make a build totally mechanically destoryed.

I will still play POE, as I plan to play till the end of my life. I also want to play more different mechanic out of POE. Please let them at least mechanically viable.

About end game content, as Zizaran mentioned, we need more items to chase for. And by doing that, it should be based on probability, let's say like crafting. And to make them more, maybe let's say different build mechanic needs different item to be chased for, and so put it into different league boss. It is fine to make the time process to meet the final league boss longer, however, I suggest like sirus, build the boss in different "phase" like A5 A7 A9 Sirus, so many poe player can at least see it. Some league I do not have much time on playing, So let say during the learning process, I spend 100 hour and I still don't desire to see the end game league boss for the currently league? then that make playing a league indifferent to most of players.
"we don't wanna just turn the knob on enemy health to compensate for power creep like other game companies" right so we'll just slash player damage or excuse me "turn the knob on player damage" cuz that's so different right? Have we asked ourselves why it's so bad to just let players make awesome crazy super Saiyan builds with super Saiyan gear? Why can't we just do that? Why not just turn the knob on enemy health and just let us attain awesome levels of badassery. That's why I liked this game in the first place over diablo.
"
Rekill wrote:
"
"
Incarcerated wrote:
Most of this is very welcome. I'm a bit worried about the mana cost changes but I'll hold my judgement until I've played.

The thing that worries me above all else is Deadly Ailments going from 10% to 80% less damage with hits... that's insane! Could we get an explanation? I wouldn't disagree with even 30-40% but 80% seems far too steep. Is it even worth using at this point? The penalty outweighs the benefits! Is it supposed to be used only with fixed damage DoT skills like ED or CA?
Trying not to panic. It just seems a bit... strange?

If your build is dot-based, u will not get any difference reduced damage from hits by this gem. This is how game works. I can prove it.

Made some non-crit dot skill and take node Perfect Agony (30% less damage with hits). Watch on damage of ailments.

Without node
Spoiler

With it
Spoiler

iam pretty damn sure dmg over time from ailments is based on how much hit dmg you do.

Offtopic, but as conversation went to that...

DoT from ailments are computed from the hit's base damage, but are not affected by whatever specifically modifies damage on hit.

For example, if you play a melee bleed build, these mods will affect both hit and DoT:
- incr/more/less physical damage (as bleed counts as physical)
- flat physical damage, includinc flat damage with specific weapon type

However, these won't affect DoT:
- incr/more/less melee damage (bleed isn't melee damage)
- incr/more/less damage with hits such as Deadly Ailments

(this is far from exhaustivity, check the wiki if need be !)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info