[3.24] Holy Flame Totem Scion -- League Starter -- HC / SSF viable

"
Shad0wT3mplar wrote:
So I just started this build. In act 3 atm but the damage feels horrible (took me around 15 mins to kill act 2 boss on 3 link). Should I level with something else? Im using Totem with ele focus and cont destruction. I dont have much levelling gear apart from victarios boots and trollltimber. Whats the best way to level this if I keep the totem setup? Something that bothered me while playing is that sometimes my totem stops casting even though the enemy is right in front of it. Is this a bug? Most importantly what kind of gear do I have to use for this build? so I keep upgrading as I level up

On this level, with Herald of Ash and Wave of Conviction for exposure, I don't feel damage is low. On act 3 you add flammability on top of it, and once you get Ancestral Bond, use WoC on mines for the exposure/combustion. And the 4th link should be added fire, and then switch ele focus for fire pen.
Also be sure to pick Avatar of fire and totem skills, as per the leveling trees.
Last edited by gui_orioli on Sep 2, 2022, 2:52:39 PM
Maybe I missed it but what bandits and pantheons?
"
Puwari wrote:
Maybe I missed it but what bandits and pantheons?

POB moved it to configuration tab. It's "Kill all", "Brine King" and "Abberath" (or "Garukhan" if you don't mind burning ground).
Thank you, I finally saw that in POB. I also notice you pick up life reservation efficiency. What skill am I supposed to have on life because with the damage coming from mana I feel like ill always have no mana. thanks in advance for any help I love totem builds and the mixture with scion.
I saw the trade build in the PoB, but any idea on how to push the damage on the totems further beyond that? Any other item suggestions?
Hey, I was wondering how this build differs in damage and survivability when starting as scion as appose to a chieftain? I'm trying to find a build for an upcoming private league and this build seems pretty nice but there are also chieftain variations (and heirophant but im not as interested in playing that ascendency). I'm not sure if i'd be better off playing a chieftain or if scion is the way to go.

Thanks for any help!
Last edited by YKnott on Oct 12, 2022, 1:18:05 PM
What uniques can I use for leveling?
"
gingermanx wrote:
What uniques can I use for leveling?

I'd say the usual suspects - wanderlust, goldrim, tabula, lifesprig.

Other than that, items with life, resists, armor, spell and fire damage, cast speed.
Any other options other than hypothermia? Im kinda not a fan of it. Thanks.
"
And-Her-Cat wrote:
Any other options other than hypothermia? Im kinda not a fan of it. Thanks.

You can use Cruelty

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info