[3.19] Donkster5' LS Champ - Still great! Leaguestart to endgame SC and HC. Updated 8/18

Just hit maps with this in Scourge, smooth through the acts but the damage is SUPER LOW all the way through and now I'm stuck at tier 3 maps. Still stuck on a 4L but a yellow pack with elemental resist takes like 40+ seconds to kill.

Even got a decent claw for where I'm at and several items with flat ele damage but I'm contemplating rerolling since I'm stuck at white maps.
If we don't want to use a claw, what's a good weapon replacement?
"
Lissmano wrote:
Just hit maps with this in Scourge, smooth through the acts but the damage is SUPER LOW all the way through and now I'm stuck at tier 3 maps. Still stuck on a 4L but a yellow pack with elemental resist takes like 40+ seconds to kill.

Even got a decent claw for where I'm at and several items with flat ele damage but I'm contemplating rerolling since I'm stuck at white maps.

Still having trouble? I saw a really bad claw when looking at this earlier, but your claw now looks not horrible for early maps. Also, a five link will help a lot. Your DPS should be okay now and need upgrading in mid yellows. I didn’t look at auras and stuff… you’re building max resonance, yes?
~Donkster5
"
CaedwynArgol wrote:
If we don't want to use a claw, what's a good weapon replacement?

Well, nightblade only works with daggers and claws, and it’s a pretty big part of the gem setup. Any high attack speed one handed works, but you’ll have to grab a mana/life leech on attack node. Also, claws have massive life on hit implicits, so, they’re pretty much BiS without reworking all that.
~Donkster5
Hi Donkster5, thanks for the build!

It's fun so far, but I am hitting a bit of a wall in damage in white maps already. I've been trying to figure out how my critical strike chance is so low, obviously I'm missing some nice items like the interrogation- but I'm failing to see how you achieved so much crit and why the damage feels so low. Would appreciate any insight.

Thanks!
I really wanted to try and ultimately like this build, but even with a 6l, 2x claws with flat ele + Wave of Conviction on static strike link I am killing the refinery boss in Act 9 for like 30+ seconds.

Damage just feels so low and I don't see how I can really make it much better. All the missing nodes that I am yet to acquire are just defensive. Can we please get some guidance OP? Thank you!
Last edited by shabanotti on Oct 23, 2021, 11:28:54 PM
Thanks for your build Donkster, it looks super fun. I'm going to start leveling the DPS (Softcore) version. So i will provide my thoughts here... when I get to maps :)

If anyone else is playing it and has any thoughts please do share. (The softcore version in particular the he posted (block) with 4m~ dps end game)
You misread his instructions. Don't use static with WoC until after you have farruls.

You need to do 3 things in my opinion temporarily to get good damage currently:
1. Remove static strike completely for now - its not gonna do what you need.
2. Orb of storms + Hextouch + pcharge on crit + conductivity
3. Buy 2 touch of anguish claws on trade - not only are they strong, but they generate frenzy charges for you

Enjoy :)
"
shabanotti wrote:
I really wanted to try and ultimately like this build, but even with a 6l, 2x claws with flat ele + Wave of Conviction on static strike link I am killing the refinery boss in Act 9 for like 30+ seconds.

Damage just feels so low and I don't see how I can really make it much better. All the missing nodes that I am yet to acquire are just defensive. Can we please get some guidance OP? Thank you!

Easy fix for you. Get a Vaal Lightning Strike and double your single target dps. Also, make sure you’re standing far enough way to double hit. There’s a picture in the guide to give some guidance on whether you’re double hitting.

Also, the very endgame is when you need to focus on crit chance and then multi. Where you are at now is just grinding to get there and get a better claw, etc. Feel free to augment your tree to take accuracy up until you’re about 100% chance to hit.

Basically, you scale these in order to reach endgame:
1. Accuracy until near 100% chance to hit.
2. Crit chance until you’re around 50%. (Interrogation will provide a huge boost for chance after reaching 50%)
3. Crit Multi to reach full potential

The issue with any crit build is that step 3 gives you the most dps boost but does nothing without the first 2.
~Donkster5
Last edited by Donkster5 on Oct 24, 2021, 2:41:32 PM
It looks like Soul Raker is gone from 3.16 skill tree, any recommendations on what to do with Lifetap earlier on with that in mind?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info