3.14.3 Hotfix

"
edwardanp wrote:
"
micaymile wrote:
grinding gears again! omg! yesterday i playing so fine, but now this madness again...what are they doing whit this game?

Putting the blame back on us.

The big patch broke something.

The hotfix fixed the broken part.

This morning a new patch went out and now it is broken again.

Clearly something in the patch today messed something up that they had previously fixed with this hotfix or there is another conflict somewhere.

Sadly this kind of stuff does happen sometimes but I've never seen it happen this quickly before. Went from broken to fixed and back to broken again in like 30 hours time.

True. Nearly 10 hours since i couldn't play anymore :(
"

True. Nearly 10 hours since i couldn't play anymore :(

Yeah mine has been broken since around 6am EST time so going on 7 hours.

I didn't even realize it had downloaded another patch at first this morning. I turned the game on and walked away and then after I saw it was stuck on the grinding wheels I opened my steam screen again and saw that it had automatically downloaded a really small patch before I tried playing it this morning so I am 100% certain that whatever that little patch was is what broke it again.

Kinda curious if they hotfixed it and then it reverted itself back or something automatically. I dunno for sure but I def know it downloaded another mini patch this morning and broke it again.
I am able to play, I'm not crashing, but dealing with some very serious performance issues. Very high lag spikes when new assets load and frequent disconnects when swapping zones. I am able to chug along by grabbing my slowest, tankiest characters, but playing any sort of archer or battling end-game content is out of the question at the moment.

It started after the first of the 32(ish) meg patches, and has been a problem since. My PC is about 5 months old, and very meaty.
I swapped to vulcan and the problem seems fixed. Very odd.
"
I swapped to vulcan and the problem seems fixed. Very odd.

The Vulkan swap doesn't work for everyone though.

For me, and some others, switching to Vulkan in the Config File and then restarting the game just causes a black screen and then an eventual crash to desktop.

You are right though, some people are using the Vulkan swap as a means to continue playing right now.
Grinding Gears... Forever ^_^

here waiting for new fix
3.14.3 Hotfix:

Fixed a bug where Intel Integrated Graphics users could get stuck on a loading screen when launching the client.
Prior to the update I had almost no performance issues. Had smalls lags on fully juiced maps.
After the update, it started lagging even in the hideout. Nicely done, GGG
my game is running much better now. thank u! :)
"
edwardanp wrote:
The Vulkan swap doesn't work for everyone though.

That's no good.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info