[3.16]✨ Velyna's Hammer CoC ✨ | Spin To Win | Damage + Defence | Easy Playstyle

3.16 Scourge Updates

Expect the tree and clusters to change a lot.

Losing blind, maybe gaining block?

Our armour is more valuable now, might stack more.

Mana sustain should be easier with change to reservation.

Our fortify from weapon currupt might be a baby version now, have to see.

Spin around at top speed while proccing 2 spells, the big CoC lifestyle. More than enough DPS for all content and enough defence to actually do it whether it's mapping or bossing. On top of this the playstyle is relaxed with few buttons to worry about just cruise around and hit flasks.

Latest PoB updates + Help: https://discord.gg/velyna

Path of Building: Leaguestart | CoC | Endgame

Twitch Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/Velyna

Build Video: https://www.youtube.com/velyna

Other Builds: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/2688095

1. Introduction

1.1. Why CoC?

CoC allows you to cast without casting, effectively. In exchange for having to stack melee attack speed, accuracy and crit you get to ignore cast speed and hit insanely fast with spells. You can do this while moving with cyclone as well which is a large buff on the defense side because standing still = death in PoE.

1.2. Pros/Cons
Pros
  • Spells while moving: All the power of casting without having to stand still and cast. Your Ball Lightning will zap enemies quite far away while Arc chains around, you just focus on movement and flasks.
  • Smooth clear: Once you get into the endgame tree map clear becomes super smooth and safe. We have tons of leech, tons of regen, armour, nearly capped block and a choice between life on block or overleech.
  • Easy on mana: Mjolner is one of the only remaining triggers that don't have a mana cost, probably due to it's large stat requirement. We easily get the stats and save a ton of mana.

Cons
  • Bossing: It's not a oneshot bosser. You can kill 95% of stuff out there it just takes a bit.
  • Cost: Certain items like the shield/gloves/boots make the endgame PoB expensive.

1.4. HC/SSF/Leaguestart Viable?

SC and HC leaguestart viable.

Not SSF viable.

1.5. Upgraded PoB
Installer

This version is updated faster and has extra features. The PoB links in the guide all use this and there might be differences from the standard one.

Uninstall PoB before installing this or you might get errors.

2. Leveling

Leveling Trees

- The trees for new characters can be found in the Leaguestart PoB at bottom left. -

This will show what I used and how I specced while levelling a simulated leaguestart. I used Storm Brand to farm up the LL gear because I enjoy the playstyle and it can get a lot done with medium-low investment but you can do whatever you want then respec later.

Act 1

---Attack---

---Totem---

---Auras/Defence---

---Movement---

Dont put in the Runebinder node right away, you will lose your flame totem

I use Freeze Pulse until brands.

You can use either 2 wands or a shield for now, but you will need 2 good wands before you take the dual wield nodes later.

Don't level Arcane Surge at all, and only level clarity until you can barely sustain mana.

Sell some blue items unidentified for transmutes to buy gems.

Pick up some BBB BBG BBR 3Links along the way for later.

After doing tidal island and opening the cave you can get Frostblink, Flame Totem and Steelskin in town.

I put Steelskin on my move button so it autocasts as a free defence layer. You might need an Amber Amulet to meet STR requirements for awhile. IF the mana cost is too much stop leveling it or take it off entirely for awhile.

You get Clarity/Vitality after killing Brutus, I wear both if I have the transmutes to buy them. If not just get clarity.

Act 2

--Attack--

---Totem---

---Auras---

---Movement---

---Misc---

You will get Herald of Thunder and Concentrated Effect as quest rewards.

Help Alira.

Brand Recall is optional.

Act 3

---Attack---

---Auras---

---Movement---

---Misc---

Near the end of this act once you have a 4L setup for Storm Brand, test out putting a point in Runebinder and running without flame totem. If its good, you can remove those gems forever we're done with them. If not just remove Runebinder until later.

Do the library quest and buy Swiftbrand, Conductivity, Inspiration, Wrath, and Herald of Ice to start leveling in a weapon swap setup.

Take Righteous Providence from first lab.

Act 4-6

---Attack---

---Herald/Curse---

---Auras---

---CWDT---

---Movement---

After killing Kaom and Daresso you can get Hextouch from the vendor, link it to Herald of Thunder and whatever curse you want to run right now. I recommend Conductivity.

CWDT setup is a nice defence layer, at very least get a stone golem in there for regen and to make use of our next ascend points.

Act 7-10

---Attack---

---Herald/Curses---

---Auras---

---CWDT---

---Movement/Recall---

Second lab take Inevitable Judgement.

Third lab take Sanctuary.

Check the gem setup in Leaguestart PoB once you finish the acts because what we wear may change at that point.

Once you get through the acts make sure to have capped resistances and life on every piece before entering maps.

Make sure your Cast When Damage Taken setup is linked and your curse is being applied.
https://www.twitch.tv/velyna
Last edited by Velyna on Jan 6, 2022, 10:22:57 AM
Last bumped on Feb 22, 2022, 4:42:04 AM

3. Gear

This is roughly the gear path I followed from leaguestart into LowLife.

Phase 1: Leaguestart

Use Leaguestart PoB

Since this is a CoC LowLife build we have to do a bit of farming early league for the required gear, but we don't want to spend a ton doing it. This first PoB is designed to get you through acts, into maps and early atlas unlock on a budget.

Get used to the brand playstyle and take advantage of its strengths. You don't have to stand next to a mob while dealing damage, so you shouldn't be. Precast brands on things like essence, strongboxes, etc where you know mobs will appear. Run around/between packs not directly at them. And especially don't dash into a pack and THEN start dropping brands, drop first then dash in.

Lightning Leech: Jewelry with "% of lightning damage leeched as life" should come up on the market pretty quick and should be enough even with Call of the Brotherhood on. If you want more leech, you can run a Cerberus Limb + 30% block shield setup instead.

Armour/ES 6L: Theres a divination card set for Holy Chainmail so bases will start to come up pretty quick. I just bought a white chest and rolled for life then used a regal + crafted.

Crown of Inward Eye: The "Transfiguration" mods mean that your life/ES nodes also give damage. This helm can be used before and after going LowLife. Very good investment.

Templar Gloves: There are all around solid providing armour/ES/life/resists. Also usable before/after Lowlife and can be upgraded directly later with some dope implicits.

Call of the Brotherhood: This is nice for the freeze/chill that cold damage provides.

Flasks: You want corrupted blood and shock protection ASAP, these slots are flexible but PoB has recommendations. Also freeze protection if you don't have the ascend points for it yet.

Watchers Eye: Zealotry consecrated ground gives extra damage is quite affordable and can be used for a long time.

----------------------------Before Maps / T1 Maps--------------------------------

-Match the gem setup in Leaguestart PoB, especially the trigger and curse setups.

-75/75/75 elemental resistance, life on every piece and as many armour or armour/ES bases as possible. The helmet slot especially should be a pure armour base, you can put your red CWDT setup here for ease. Chest should be armour/ES.

-Upgrade life flasks and get instant ones if you can, put on a granite and sulphur with some beneficial stats.

-Check trade for some early DPS boosts like +1 lightning or Spell gem wands and shield, corrupted 5L chest etc.

--------------------------------Early Mapping Goals---------------------------------

-Hit 3.5-4K life.

-Start looking for the Enduring Composure small cluster, and path to the outer socket when you get one. This is a huge part of your early game defense don't miss it.

-For getting a 6L you have 2 options, buying one corrupted that has your colors or waiting for white bases to come up. I bought a base and rolled life then regalled + crafted, worked very well for me.

-Get 2 Divine Vessels and upgrade Brine King for freeze immune.

-Look for +1 lightning gem wands with one of:

%spell dmg
%lightning dmg
Cast Speed
# added lightning to spells.

If you get a wand with open suffix, you can use it for a trigger wand later.

-Buy one Call of the Brotherhood.

Phase 2: CoC

Once you gather everything here, you can transition to CoC and use that PoB

This is the minimum recommended gear to have ready before switching from the storm brand leaguestarter into CoC. A level 2 enlighten helps a lot but isn't required.

Chest: I just recolored my chest from leaguestarting, you can upgrade to something fancier if you like. I was able to play fine with what I had.

Helm: You don't necessarily need the enchant to switch into CoC but because of the way arc gains damage per remaining chain its actually an increase to boss and clear dps. Very good value.

Mjolner: Nothing fancy needed just the hammer itself, although an Onslaught corrupt feels great and is an endgame goal.

Shield: Life + whatever resists you need and then spell damage/spell crit/+1 to lightning.

Shapers Touch: You need these for accuracy.

Boots: Just high movespeed and life + resists nothing special here for now since it gets replaced later.

Astramentis: Need this and need the Utmost Might anoint to equip mjolner.

Jewelry: You need assassins mark and you want life gain on spell hit. These can be on the same ring or split between 2 since that's cheaper. A little bit of accuracy here is nice and then just go for life + big resists. Remember that when you lose your lightning leech ring you must get leech from the large cluster.

Belt: Life and resists very simple.

Jewels: Watchers eye is the same from leaguestart, you want all 3 of the clusters shown and will need efficient training for STR requirements.

Supplies/Misc: In addition to everything listed above, you will need:

50 Regret orbs - This is an extensive tree change and you don't want to run out halfway through.

300 Chromatics - Recoloring the chest can take a few hundred if you get unlucky.

Cash for tweaking resists, adjusting stats - Just have some chaos kicking around in case you end up negative 30 lightning res or something after transition.

Level 85 - You need this to reach everything needed on the tree after transitioning.

As soon as you switch fully into CoC start looking at the Endgame PoB

Phase 3: Endgame

Start looking at Endgame PoB after switching into CoC

Chest: Farruls gives us cat aspect (attack speed/crit) with no cost other than a suffix somewhere. Plus life/armour/charges.

Helm: You can use either additional projectile ball lightning or additional chain arc. Ball lightning for clear, arc for single target.

Mjolner: Onslaught corrupt is huge, movement speed is one of the best stats for Cyclone.

Shield: Need a base with good armour and reservation mod at very least. If you can't get the life on block, running Glorious Vanity here is an option instead:

Gloves: You can start with just Culling Strike + damage while leeching craft.

Boots: The most important things here are the Tailwind mod and the stun enchant. We need tailwind because cyclone is slow, and stun protection is just cozy.

Rings: STR, assassins mark, cat aspect and accuracy are the main requirements here. Obviously life and resists as well.

Amulet: You can use Zealotry, Wrath or Determination auls.

Belt: Just life and resists, this is an easier one. You dont need the enchant that was for a different build.

Clusters: Mostly the same from last PoB, large has 3 notables now and the Fettle is new.

Watchers: The same one from previous stage works, later upgraded to the one in PoB.

Energized Armour: This is a great place to pick up some ailment avoid or CB immune from corrupt.

4. Misc

4.1 Ascend
  • Righteous Providence
  • Inevitable Judgement
  • Sanctuary
  • Pious Path

4.2 Bandit

Alira.

4.3 Pantheon

Major: Lunaris

Minor: Shakari

This is my standard setup, feel free to run whatever you want.
Last edited by Velyna on Dec 9, 2021, 11:01:32 AM
Startet with CoC BL Templar this League. Absolutely fantastic and actually easy to get started CoC Build. Tempted to build another one in the upcoming League tahnks to this well written Guide!

Imo Leveling as a Lightningslinger is much smoother than selfcasting. Also a vendor recipe wand (Magic Wand + Topas Ring + Alt) will carry you easily through white maps on a mini budget.
"
Startet with CoC BL Templar this League. Absolutely fantastic and actually easy to get started CoC Build. Tempted to build another one in the upcoming League tahnks to this well written Guide!

Imo Leveling as a Lightningslinger is much smoother than selfcasting. Also a vendor recipe wand (Magic Wand + Topas Ring + Alt) will carry you easily through white maps on a mini budget.

Have to test the slinger levelling, it just isnt something I know well.
"
Velyna wrote:
"

Have to test the slinger levelling, it just isnt something I know well.

1.5as Wand + Shield.
Frenzy as Trigger (+ Hextouch + Conductivity)
Ball Lightning + Slower Projectiles + Spellslinger + Elemental Focus
Wave of Conviction + Physic. to Light. + Spellslinger + Innervate

Smooth af even for early mapping.
WoC can be replaced with Arc but I like WoC more especially for Bosses.
Added links to some endgame stuff to give an idea of what it feels like.
"
@Velyna
Is this what you will playing next league?

I'm playing it right now! Leaguestart will probably be the tec slam chieftan build I'm finishing atm but we'll see.
Rly want to try this build instead my VD/DD necro in next league.
Looks pretty much allround for challenges.

btw
"
Velyna wrote:

Shield

Cant run LL without Prism Guardian, I like the resist corrupt for easier gearing all around

+#% to res impl is how Prism Guardian goes it's self)
+#to AoE gems would be the nice choice
"
ScottEvill wrote:
Rly want to try this build instead my VD/DD necro in next league.
Looks pretty much allround for challenges.

btw
"
Velyna wrote:

Shield

Cant run LL without Prism Guardian, I like the resist corrupt for easier gearing all around

+#% to res impl is how Prism Guardian goes it's self)
+#to AoE gems would be the nice choice

TRUE how did I mess that up! ty.
have to see what the CoC mana changes mean for us, I have some ideas but cant test before league launch

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info