Ultimatum Atlas Passive Statistics

"
Shioks wrote:
Well I took Harvest nodes ulti sc in Haewark region and was making at least 4ex/hour with harvest spamming, breachstones/emblems swap, lures, crafting items and some of em selling in TFT. If you know where to use these crafts it's very good. I ran into map do Harvest, map boss and leave. I'd say it was ok.

Shhhh... don't tell them how to use harvest and that you can print currency with the swaps there, they want to believe that harvest is shitty and not the player saying that.
Last edited by JakkerONAIR on Jun 3, 2021, 12:34:27 PM
My issue with the atlas passive system is that some buffs feel like they make a useless mechanic okay, instead of juicing up an already good mechanic. Best example is Ambush. Who cares about normal strongboxes, and who ever bothers to alch them? Only when strongboxes are rare+corrupted to begin with it's worth engaging with them.
Honestly, I am not sure the Atlas-Passives alone are a factor that should be looked at and nerfed/buffed based on the numbers. For SC Trade it is highly important to be able to control what content you engage with. The popularity of Essence and Breach derives in my opinion not only from the Atlas Points (which are fine as they are) but also from the fact that we can force the content very cheaply via Zana Map Mods. Same goes for Harbinger Farming in Valdo´s Rest. When farming for currency I expect a quite recognizeable shift if Harbinger is not on the Map Device. Keeping that in mind I feel it´s not helpful to nerf/buff mechanics based on the Atlas-Passive allocations alone.

That being said, one thing that still feels very underused and imo not worth engaging with is Abyss. The uniques from Abyss are bad, the Jewels are not a desireable item to farm in bulk, the whole encounter takes too long, the stygian vises need to be at least level 84 to be worth selling so that means you need a +1 Watchstone and at that point you could simply buy those bases anyway... Overall, there is the option to make farming abyss in underused regions worth it, but keeping that in mind, Abyss still feels weak and not fun to engage with overall.
I see I wasn't the first to see this post and think "huh, GGG cracks out Microsoft Excel to tell us the obvious that we already know."

I guess since they think this is cutting-edge info, that they'll balance based around nerfing whatever was popular without looking at the context or "why," further demonstrating that they haven't the foggiest idea of how their own product actually handles in the consumer's hands.

"
JakkerONAIR wrote:
Shhhh... don't tell them how to use harvest and that you can print currency with the swaps there, they want to believe that harvest is shitty and not the player saying that.

In fairness, 4 ex/hour is kinda meh compared to what you could be printing doing any other popular content. Also 4 ex/hr seems kinda inflated given how much RNG goes into whether a Primal Rhex Matriarch shows up at all, and around half the time it seems to just give a pale court key swap.
Rufalius, hybrid Aura/Arc/Mana Guardian | Hemorae, TS Raider | Wuru, Ele Hit Wand Trickster
Seems to me Popular = Most Profitable.

Like of course Delirium is going to be the most popular... it is where you get Cluster Jewels. Likewise, Legion and Breach give splinters. Also something to keep in mind is that those Leagues' fundamental mechanic is "kill as many as fast as possible" which is no different from conventional farming. So it feels efficient.

Personally, I love Blight. I love the minigame of tower defense. But it's not great for all builds. And not everyone likes spending time playing it. However, for those of us who do, the rewards chest number and variety help to make it worth the effort.

I think that if all League mechanics had some way of dropping loot from other Leagues, it could even out player preferences vs. "the only good choice is this because profit."

Like, could the Beyond Bosses spawn with a random prize type? Like, I get a Bameth, and she'll drop Harbinger stuff if I kill her? Or Rogue Exiles each are like Legion War Hoards who fight back but at the cost of being tougher? Or Hoards in the Abyssal Depths have differing Reward Types like random Blight reward chests?

"Let us know what has been driving your decisions in this league"

okay.

Hamlet:
Harvest:
I ignored these nodes; the only real use of the grove is targeted chaos spam. This can be used to earn money, but it's crafting, and I'm not here to craft.

Essences:
Easy way to get extra essences, and they show up in every map. I keep forgetting to actually sell them, but that's not the fault of the nodes.

Ritual:
Got the +10% chance. Didn't get the reroll node, because it's a downgrade. I don't focus on ritual enough for rerolling multiple times to be useful, and special rewards are worse than the normal items. Really want another ritual node that's actually useful; I like the mechanic. If I could take Sacred Lands again, I would.

Jun:
I don't really like Jun, but there was a challenge for that, so I picked up the useful nodes here. If the challenge didn't exist, I wouldn't have good nodes to use here.

Overall:
There are 4 points that I don't really have a good place for. Really want one extra ritual node (suggestion: can defer one item for free).

Tirn's End:
Bestiary:
Einhar missions are better spent in Arthain.

Delirium:
I like this mechanic, so I got the nodes here. It's a bit difficult to actually farm this, so I'm spending a bunch of points on something that only shows up every 8 maps or so, but it's either that or abysses.

Invasion:
What's nice here is that it's a mechanic that doesn't take minutes to clear. You just find a boss, kill it, and it drops a stack of silver coins or something else that's "valuable". I think this is actually fine.

Abyss:
I don't really like this mechanic; it takes a while to clear, the boxes don't drop anything good, the depths only have useful stuff in them if you get a lich, and most lich uniques are trash. Restricting the belts helped, but it's far too small of a change.

Overall:
Invasion is nice, but delirium is too rare, and the other options are just bad.

Lex Proxima:
Seance:
I tried it, didn't see the big deal. It adds danger to maps, without adding any actual rewards.

Harvest:
I have points into this, but I don't really use Harvest, so, eh? I assume the nodes are fine.

Delve:
I don't really Delve. I like the mechanic in theory, but it just takes far too long to actually get to level 83 content, by which time I'm completely sick of it and never want to see it again for the rest of the league. The nodes are fine.

Breach:
I'm aware people are making guides on how to get rich off of breach, but I'm not happy about the whole "pick up splinters" mechanic, so I ignore this. I put points here, but I'm not actually doing anything in this region.

Overall:
I have no reason to visit this region.

Lex Ejoris:
Incursions:
Alva missions are better spent in Cairns. Plus, because there's only so many missions before the temple is completed, completing incursions anywhere other than Cairns is just bad.

Metamorph:
Haven't tried rogue metamorph, but what I've heard hasn't been good. (Rippy, and without rewards.) The other metamorph node could be good, but I'm unwilling to deal with the extra HP and attack.

Perandus:
I want Perandus to be good, but he isn't. 20% chance to actually encounter him just isn't good enough, and his rewards are terrible.

Delirium:
Is fine. I'm not quite sure if it's good "enough" or not, because there's no other reason to go here. There's a bit of weirdness where the maps that drop may not be in a good region for delirium, so the map with delirium reward doesn't synergize with the other nodes. Personally, I'd split it out, but whatever.

Overall:
The "appears in every map" option is a Perandus chest, and that's just bad. Perandus coins are not useful, because Perandus doesn't drop anything useful. That leaves me running through the map hoping to drop a map with layers of delirium, and that's not a good time. I don't really visit this region anymore.

New Vastir:
Abyss:
Still terrible. I think I can see the split, where this region has the trove upgrades, and Tirn's End has the Depths upgrades, but Troves don't drop useful items.

Anarchy:
I guess it's OK? It doesn't consistently drop cool items, but I have had kind of okay items drop sometimes.

Delve:
Again, I don't do Delve. The nodes here seem a bit meh, but I haven't looked into them that much.

Legion:
This is the reason to go here, but I don't really care for Legion that much, and there's not much other reason to go here; basically, unless I'm specifically farming Legion, I don't go to New Vastir.

Overall:
There's no guaranteed encounter, which is bad, and the only thing worth farming here is Legion.

Glennach Cairns:
Beyond:
The nice thing here is that this is always active. You need actual density to get anywhere, but it's still good.

Legion:
I guess it's okay, but again, I don't like Legion.

Incursion:
The actual reason I'm in Cairns. It's good. I like it. Don't like running the actual temples that much, but I can sell those now.

Strongbox:
I guess these are okay, but they're overshadowed by the other options.

Overall:
I like Incursion, and this is the region to run Incursion in, so I like it as well. The other options are also fine.

Valdo's Rest:
Metamorph:
Repeated experiment is kind of bad, because you got the good rewards the first time around, maybe needs a chance for rewards to stick around after use? The other nodes are fine.

Betrayal:
Got the nodes here, but just because of the challenge. I don't like the mechanic that much, but the nodes are fine.

Blight:
It's okay, I assume, but the rewards from blight are in blighted maps, which this doesn't help with.

Harbinger:
It's harbinger. I think you've heard of it.

Overall:
The reason to be here is the harbinger nodes, but the other options are also reasonable. The blight nodes feel a bit weak, as does repeated experiment.

Lira Arthain:
Heist:
It's fine? Nothing much to say about it, but nothing wrong with it either.

Blight:
These nodes are actually good. Except Immune Response.

Breach:
I've heard this is good, but I prefer the other choices. Maybe I'll try it out next league?

Bestiary:
This is the place to use Einhar missions.

Overall:
This place is actually reasonable. There's four distinct strategies that can be set up here, they all give reasonable rewards, you just need to pick the ones you want. I could spend 16 points here and be happy with my selections.

In general:
Really, the tree is less a problem than some of the mechanics it enhances need work. Perandus is just bad (or his coins need another use), Delve needs a way to skip to level 83 content, abysses need better rewards, and Harvest needs to return to the drawing board.
In my time here, i've been presented with 0 surveys or questionaires in game. if this forum is the place your collect opinions, you are missing the important ones, the ones of people actually playing instead of sharing opinion. this is one of many things ggg differs from other big titles. If data was actually what they wanted, they would start by providing real data and not just the pieces to support their bad decisions. This just feels like more smoke and mirrors to shift spot light off their lies and back onto sales of skins.

of course this is just my opinion, being i've not responded to changes before, as I used to be busy playing. Now i've spent more time in forums hoping for a sign my favorite game of 6 years, is still going to be fun for me. which is the key. for me.

I am not a good player, i am not "big brained" and do not get joy out of over complex systems. Poe is complex, why over complex. in the beginning it was complex simplicity. was so much fun. With constant leagues being added, its almost like the ego of the dev is more important than fun in the game. GGG please go back to junking your own projects, putting every least league into the main game has turned your game into a huge cluster fuck. its not complicated, its bloated, for lack of better description, its very american, fat and full of opinions not close to that of its neighbors. i am a fat american full of opinion as this post can prove so i have a bit of knowledge on the subject.

i've abstained from previous posts simply because i've been here long enough to know ggg isn't going to listen even if they read it. i'm only sharing my opinion now to hush my friends who claim if i havn't shared my opinion then i have no right being mad, which is down right wrong, but hey, we all have some opinions. GGG doesnt care about them thou, they are only trying to save face, this is the push for next seasons big money, not some opinion collection system.

bad publicity is....worth more than a good game.
in my opinion atlas just needs to die
just take out the watch stones keep the rest
"
robob27 wrote:
"
Sharpy2489 wrote:
Who takes harvest nodes anymore. Just delete it from the game all together with its current state

I'm so sick of seeing this stupid take. "I can't just spam remove X add X so harvest is useless now". GGG please don't listen to these people.

How many augments have you found this league? 0? Like everyone else?

It was over-nerfed. All that happened to harvest is now only the super rich can afford those types of crafts. Shock horror, GGG made harvest ok for the 1%, and chaos spam for the rest.
I agree with deleting Harvest in its current state. It is not very exciting. Okay cool, you get neat crafts sometimes, but I don't know, just randomly fighting a pack of buffed to death mobs isn't that fun. meh
Last edited by Deltruss on Jun 3, 2021, 8:48:12 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info