Screenshots of Path of Exile Bosses

"
Xzorn wrote:
"
apexmateria1 wrote:
lol what in the world. those screens make the game look so bad :P

heres a better one

Well it's understandable that older textures lack the detail of newer ones though I don't think these are taken in-game. Maybe in their editor or pulled into another program.

The game doesn't have Depth of Field as an option. The engine can likely do it because it's really not a hard visual function but what further displaces the pictures from in-game is the 4th picture where the tiles appear to be using PBR texture maps for lightning noting the ambient occlusion and height.

I'm fairly sure the game uses PBR for models but I never personally noticed on terrain.

Tragically as most of their media it's 1080p and also showing jaggies. =D

The game does have Depth of Field as an option, it's right below the bloom slider in the graphics tab, I honestrly can't tell you what it does since I haven't noticed any difference with it on compared to off, but it is there.
All of these are act 2 bosses.

Damn I remember the time when black death used to be so scary. Even on my overleveled character, 1 hit would take away like 30% of my health and then viperstrike effect would take like 20% more and every hit was like this. Now he just tickles and no OG viperstrike effect. Pls buff black death
"
Vokter wrote:
The game does have Depth of Field as an option, it's right below the bloom slider in the graphics tab, I honestrly can't tell you what it does since I haven't noticed any difference with it on compared to off, but it is there.

Ah, so there is. Also a new Ultimatum option? Ok.

Probably doesn't do much unless you're stand over a cliff or something.
Wouldn't want it to anyways.

The lighting is still bothering me though. I even did a quick comparison and noted that illumination of terrain even seems to follow distance from the camera. The lightning reacts more to the camera than what is actually creating light which is why I always assumed the game didn't use PBR terrain lightning. The illumination of terrain should be consistent if it were.

Note the difference in radius and intensity esp along the wall behind the character.
https://i.imgur.com/OhfoBdg.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/q7zLxg6.jpg

I guess if that 4th pic isn't PBR lightning it's a good trick cuz it confused me.
"Never trust floating women." -Officer Kirac
Last edited by Xzorn on Jun 2, 2021, 7:39:31 AM
"
Vokter wrote:
"
Xzorn wrote:
"
apexmateria1 wrote:
lol what in the world. those screens make the game look so bad :P

heres a better one

Well it's understandable that older textures lack the detail of newer ones though I don't think these are taken in-game. Maybe in their editor or pulled into another program.

The game doesn't have Depth of Field as an option. The engine can likely do it because it's really not a hard visual function but what further displaces the pictures from in-game is the 4th picture where the tiles appear to be using PBR texture maps for lightning noting the ambient occlusion and height.

I'm fairly sure the game uses PBR for models but I never personally noticed on terrain.

Tragically as most of their media it's 1080p and also showing jaggies. =D

Turn it off and on in act 7 where sin is. You will see clear difference.
Who the hell is Bravalo first time seeing this guy.
-Official Forum Dweller-
-I started the hoho movement-
-Exploit Early - Exploit Often-
-Moderators are absurd and OP-
Black Death looks cool
Nice pictures !
Bad Seed
"
xPiranha wrote:
Who the hell is Bravalo first time seeing this guy.
showcase regular mobs next. dunno what they look like
"
Imaginaerum wrote:
man i've been playing this game off and on since 2013 and never saw this angle of any of these bosses. kinda makes me sad we can't move the camera angle around on them in some kind of gallery somewhere. what else are we missing in path of exile's art?

Grim dawn has this since forever xD POE is such behind in camera angles, movement and such....

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info