[3.15 Ready] ED/Bane/Blight Occultist | Max Block | low to high budget | 15M+ DPS

"
First thing I'm gonna do at launch is to login to my Standard character and see how the build performs against bosses.

So?
"
Elistrago wrote:
"
First thing I'm gonna do at launch is to login to my Standard character and see how the build performs against bosses.

So?

The DPS loss is not too bad, as expected. Survivability is mostly the same. The biggest problem is mana costs, now rotation should be more thoughtful, ED and Bane should be reapplied as close to their expiration as possible to conserve mana. It's now advised to pick some mana regen, the easiest way is to bench craft it on weapon and shield.

I'm currently leaguestarting as this build, moving through acts with Bane/ED/Blight, feels pretty good. Though I would recommend start using chaos skills only in Act 3, before that they are quite weak. In A3 we get Malevolence, Bane, Despair which would greatly increase all damage.
Last edited by desu on Jul 24, 2021, 1:34:19 AM
"
desu wrote:
"
Elistrago wrote:
"

So?

The DPS loss is not too bad, as expected. Survivability is mostly the same. The biggest problem is mana costs, now rotation should be more thoughtful, ED and Bane should be reapplied as close to their expiration as possible to conserve mana. It's now advised to pick some mana regen, the easiest way is to bench craft it on weapon and shield.

I'm currently leaguestarting as this build, moving through acts with Bane/ED/Blight, feels pretty good.

Tnx, I wanna try something different from ed/contagion since we have a new profane bloom.
Last edited by Elistrago on Jul 24, 2021, 12:45:39 AM
Your build looks awesome.
I'm currently starting (slowly due to other important things) with the levelling guide of Lakhesis. It'd be great if you could post a levelling PoB or at least some key points of the skill tree and the skills. Maybe even just some snapshots of your levelling. That'd be a really great addition to your guide. It's the only reason I didn't immediately start with this.
I am considering switching over and just winging the levelling. ;) I do love max lock.

Any chance of going true max block without glancing blows? Or is it really not worth it?
And of course, thank you for the good work. Much appreciated!
"
Silenc42 wrote:
Your build looks awesome.
I'm currently starting (slowly due to other important things) with the levelling guide of Lakhesis. It'd be great if you could post a levelling PoB or at least some key points of the skill tree and the skills. Maybe even just some snapshots of your levelling. That'd be a really great addition to your guide. It's the only reason I didn't immediately start with this.
I am considering switching over and just winging the levelling. ;) I do love max lock.

Any chance of going true max block without glancing blows? Or is it really not worth it?
And of course, thank you for the good work. Much appreciated!

Thank you.

I didn't write a leveling guide, becuse I really suck at leveling. But now that I've cleared acts while leveling as this build, I have better idea about it, though I would like to have feedback and ideas from other people.

As for block, going true block won't really improve this build, it would only kill DPS without adding much. The idea behind this build is to survive oneshots and instantly regen back to full health. Against bosses it happens thanks to ED, vs mobs you regen health via Brush with Death.

somehow I missed this item, but now that I know, I highly recommend it to all leaguestarters.
Hi, I started with your build, please tell me which gods to use in the pantheon?
"
VadimDreamer wrote:
Hi, I started with your build, please tell me which gods to use in the pantheon?

Brine King and Ralakesh
Bane/ED version has huge problems with survivability on t11-12 maps with medium damage modifiers.
- 7.7k es
- cap block/spell block

The problem is not even with the damage, can one-shot anything with a 5L bane but can't live in a fast crowd without ed/contagion regen.

But without Bane/ED t12 Drox is problematic. At least with my gear.
So there is always a choice either run ed/cont + auras and have issues with single target DPS or bane/ed + auras but suffer against the fast crowd.
Last edited by Elistrago on Jul 26, 2021, 4:58:31 PM
"
Elistrago wrote:
Bane/ED version has huge problems with survivability on t11-12 maps with medium damage modifiers.
- 7.7k es
- cap block/spell block

The problem is not even with the damage, can one-shot anything with a 5L bane but can't live in a fast crowd without ed/contagion regen.

But without Bane/ED t12 Drox is problematic. At least with my gear.
So there is always a choice either run ed/cont + auras and have issues with single target DPS or bane/ed + auras but suffer against the fast crowd.

Brush with Death notable on a cluster will help a lot with sustain.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info