Game Mechanics Q&A Answers

I read the whole thing, thank you GGG.
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
Thank you for this! I love the deep game mechanics PoE has, it's nice to hear some of them explained.
Nice post, there is just one thing im not understanding....

"
How does Petrified Blood interact with Ichimonji's "10% increased Effect of Buffs on you"?

The numerical magnitudes of the buff are increased by 10%. Assuming a level 20 gem with no quality, this results in a buff that causes 44% of life loss below half to be prevented, 89% of that prevented loss to be lost over 4 seconds, as well as adding base life cost to skills equal to 44% of base mana cost while not on low life.

You said that with Ichimonji it will deal 89% of that prevented loss to be lost over 4 seconds. So that means the buff gets worse? Because the normal value for lvl 20 gem is 81% (so 19% dmg reduction) and ichimonji increases it to 89% (11% dmg reduction).

Is this on purpose?
A lot of good questions, a lot of answers that went so far over my head they might as well have been in communications satellite orbit...

How about:

I've ignited, poisoned, and inflicted bleed on a target:

How do they apply? Each of them occurring at the same moment, each with its own tic rate, or will only the strongest degen be doing the damage?
Patch Notes 3.15:
Fixed a bug where players believed the game was playable. This has been corrected and made retroactive.
Patch Notes 3.19:
Fixed a bug where players adapted to 3.15. This bug cannot be corrected, so we have implemented a 90% reduction in item access as a punishment.
Wut?
You guys are insane.
smh
LOL
"
"
kiwichap wrote:
Does Life Recovery Rate benefit energy shield regeneration granted by Zealot's Oath?

No. That's Energy Shield Recovery, not Life Recovery.

I am using vitality on an ES build with CI. The vitality aura gives me extra ES generation per second (140 - 333 at 20/20% quality gem)

Of course it does, lol.

Vitality grants you life regen, Zealot's Oath converts it.

Life Recovery Rate only affects life. Not ES.

Zealot's oath converts life regeneration, but not life recovery.

Yeah, "exact words" is kind of GGG's thing, except when the word is "nearby". Or "positions" in the phrase "swap positions" when they actually mean "swap roles/weapons."
Awakened Combustion Support when?
Last edited by NoIguanaForZ on May 19, 2021, 12:17:01 AM
Thank you for taking the time and answering all these questions! I asked about the alternate elemental ailments, glad to have answers that are so clear-cut.

The q&a’s regarding physical damage reduction were particularly illuminating. Keep on rocking folks at GGG, your work is appreciated.
Nice !
Bad Seed
"
A lot of good questions, a lot of answers that went so far over my head they might as well have been in communications satellite orbit...

How about:

I've ignited, poisoned, and inflicted bleed on a target:

How do they apply? Each of them occurring at the same moment, each with its own tic rate, or will only the strongest degen be doing the damage?

All damage over time effects will apply at the same time. They all do different things.

Only 1 ignite can be on the target (unless using emberwake for 2) - Will always take the highest damage. (If using 2, will take the 2 highest damages) Each stack of ignite has it's own duration.

Only 1 bleed can be on the target (unless using Crimson Dance for up to 8) - Will always take the highest damage. (If using 8, will take the 8 highest damages if they live long enough to have that applied) Each stack of bleed has it's own duration.

Poison can have any number of stacks and will stack the damage infinitely till the end it's duration (until the monster dies or phases and becomes immune). Each stack of poison has it's own duration.

If you have something that can deal damage (or multiple) sources that will allow you to have all 3 on an enemy, then yes they all stack, will all have their own tic rate, and duration independently of each other.

Some things that interact with multiple ailments also work independent of each other, but can stack on a single item. IE: Golden Rule jewel or Blackheart Ring. The chance to bleed and chance to poison are separate chances, but can inflicted on the same hit with ignite (if you're doing phys and fire dmg for Bleed/Poison/Ignite).

Edited for adding duration.
Shook Hands with Chris - Check
Got Picture next to Chris - Check
Life Complete - Check
Last edited by Tyrm on May 19, 2021, 1:31:17 AM
Nice!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info