Wrecker's 3.14 Trigger Happy builds (x2) (not a guide, sorry!)

Pure Melee Version of Wrecker's 3.14 Trigger Happy builds lists weapon as "Weapon: Any one-handed weapon with great physical damage. Make sure you're using a weapon that matches the skill you're linking to General's Cry" but this build doesn't link General's Cry gem
Hi Wrecker how you doing? Just popped back and found our old friend the Gladiator being revisited and worked on. Bit late for me to try and help out because as you know I am quite slow. But I will stick in standard and try it out for a while and see where I can get to. Hope you and yours are all well. Good to be back...not such a witch fan. Take care mate.
"
smokeycat wrote:
Spoiler
Hi Wrecker how you doing? Just popped back and found our old friend the Gladiator being revisited and worked on. Bit late for me to try and help out because as you know I am quite slow. But I will stick in standard and try it out for a while and see where I can get to. Hope you and yours are all well. Good to be back...not such a witch fan. Take care mate.
Hey Smokey! Nice to see you! No worries on playing it or not. The feedback so far has been wonderful! Obviously feel free if you do go there in Standard. We are great over here thanks and I hope you and yours are great as well. Thanks for the post and the feedback. I'm starting to finalize my choices for 3.15 this week.
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
Hey Wrecker, just a quick update.... I have been working on my versions of Trigger Happy and Surprise Party and will post them in the appropriate threads next week.

However as you can see from my profile, Yipp_Ultimatum is 94 is immune to bleed, corrupting blood, maim, hinder, stun, has Max resist (except Chaos at 65, which is possible with more shuffling of items, which I am working on), over 5,000 life, Capped Physical Damage reduction 90%, etc.. etc...

However, damage is, as we know low (even with the bleed buff of Bladestorm). I can easily beat any map or Heist without dying. Catarina Mastermind is a cakewalk, however any end game boss with a "movement mechanic" like Maven is beyond the ability of this build to handle (luckily I have found boss services for 30-50 chaos when I need them).

Just letting you know I have been working on keeping this fun for me build alive, while keeping it budget friendly, most expensive item was early season Surrender for 4 Exalt but since then only paid 1 Exalt max for every other item.

I am not an experienced enough player to figure out if switching from Bladestorm to Lacerate or Cyclone or whatever, would boost the damage more than a small amount.

Anyway, again thank you for keeping my dreams of playing games like POE alive and keeping the experience fun!

All the best buddy!
Last edited by Yipp on Jun 18, 2021, 12:10:08 PM
"
Yipp wrote:
Spoiler
Hey Wrecker, just a quick update.... I have been working on my versions of Trigger Happy and Surprise Party and will post them in the appropriate threads next week.

However as you can see from my profile, Yipp_Ultimatum is 94 is immune to bleed, corrupting blood, maim, hinder, stun, has Max resist (except Chaos at 65, which is possible with more shuffling of items, which I am working on), over 5,000 life, Capped Physical Damage reduction 90%, etc.. etc...

However, damage is, as we know low (even with the bleed buff of Bladestorm). I can easily beat any map or Heist without dying. Catarina Mastermind is a cakewalk, however any end game boss with a "movement mechanic" like Maven is beyond the ability of this build to handle (luckily I have found boss services for 30-50 chaos when I need them).

Just letting you know I have been working on keeping this fun for me build alive, while keeping it budget friendly, most expensive item was early season Surrender for 4 Exalt but since then only paid 1 Exalt max for every other item.

I am not an experienced enough player to figure out if switching from Bladestorm to Lacerate or Cyclone or whatever, would boost the damage more than a small amount.

Anyway, again thank you for keeping my dreams of playing games like POE alive and keeping the experience fun!

All the best buddy!
Thanks Yipp! You rock :). This game is really hard for me (and almost everyone else, of course) to make final decisions on. So I'm looking forward to your feedback. I'm glad you're having so much fun with your Trigger Happy. Thanks for being so encouraging :).

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
Yipp’s version of Trigger Happy for 3.14

Wrecker, here is my review of Trigger Happy for 3.14, I am at 94 and I am the toughest character in POE.

I have 5346 life, can’t be; Stunned, Bleed, Hindered, Corrupted Blood, or Maimed, at 83% Physical Cap, at 90% while fortify is up, with 82% chance to Block attack and spell damage, and all my resistances are capped. However, all that protection is really heavy, so I rely on the nice folks and monsters of Wraeclast to repeatedly hit me so they “trigger” my auto attacks, which make me “happy”.

It was a journey to get here… still working on making the build better, added awakened gems today Brutality, Melee Physical Damage, Deadly Ailments. I am an imperfect ambassador for your build however as I really do not understand many of the basic concepts and mechanics of POE and do not craft (beyond Harvest & workbench) and to be honest do not have the bandwidth to figure it all out on my own.

In game play is as you might expect, I leisurely stroll down my map, yes all maps are mine, I just let the monsters live there as long as they pay their rent… On Time! Kill all monsters, stop to pick up pretty items, while I am stopped monsters hit me… and they die, then arrive at the boss, announce myself “hey its me” and proceed to evict him/it/them from my map. With Maven interfering it can sometimes take a bit longer, but outcome is not in doubt. All Conquerors and Mastermind Catarina are easy, bosses with a movement mechanic are another matter, I just can’t move fast enough to avoid, its player error not character error. (which is when I use boss services). Where this build really shines is in Heist, as almost nothing can hurt me. When the alarm goes off, my comrades and I leisurely walk out killing mobs as we go, stopping as needed to open a chest or pick up a drop.

In 3.14 Bladestorm got a Bleed mechanic so I decided to try that out, without knowing the mechanics, breakpoints etc… taking the bleed passives available to me. Jack, The Axe and its bleed/regenerate feature was explained on a Video by Badger and it was cheap so I used one of those until last week when I replaced it with a higher damage Axe (losing the Regen of Jack, The Axe) I bought for 1 Exalt.

Things I know I don’t know:
1. Would Lacerate be better than Bladestorm with this bleed build?
2. Would another melee skill be better using straight Physical DPS, rather than relying on bleed?
3. How can I get more life, any obvious thing I am missing?
4. Are there better Gem choices than the ones I made?

Things I did intentionally to make my playing less stressful:
1. Chose not to take Vaal Pact halving my leech rate to retain my 300 LPS Regen and the Regen feature from Jack, The Axe, and it allows me to equip a Stone Golem, Holy Relic, and Vitality Aura to run Eternal Labyrinths immune to traps (along with my 90% physical cap). Now that I switched out of Jack, The Axe and stopped running labs, I am considering enabling Vaal Pact wondering if giving up 300 regen is worth the benefit from Vaal with all my other mitigation and selected leech nodes?
2. Craiceann’s armor set, both makes things easier and harder, easier because of all the buffs, harder because the ONLY place you get resists and life are Rings, Belt, Jewels and the armor set has a 25% Mana reservation.
3. Chose not to use cluster jewels this league.

Biggest issues with my version of Trigger Happy
1. Mana reservation issues, can’t use Pride. Its a tough choice, removing War Banner and Herald of Purity is not enough, removing Flesh and Stone with Blood and Sand is not enough. The combined buff of these lesser effects is greater than Pride so no Pride.
2. Intelligence issues from Enlighten 96 INT required, which I can only get from Rings or Jewels (its possible to use Enlighten at lvl 3 reducing intelligence requirement, however mana management issues creep in)
3. No Vulnerability curse. Just can’t fit it in. I could replace Brutality and Melee Physical Damage in the Riposte/Vengeance group for Hextouch and Vulnerability, however decided that was not the best option and have not found a ring with Vulnerability on it and enough resists to keep me capped. Is this the right choice? Can obviously abandon Molten Shell for a CWDT+Vulnerability+Frost Bomb?

Things I am working on
1. Rings – Trying to get more life
2. Jewel- Trying to upgrade one Jewel to add attack speed or damage
3. Add Catalyst to end game Rings, Belt, Amulet
4. Get another Enlighten Lvl 4 to change Ruthless for Empower in support of Herald of Purity and War Banner
5. Get Anomalous Fortify, Flesh and Stone, Divergent Cast When Damage Taken, Blood and Sand
6. Swap Sovereignty for Charisma Anoint when I get my final Anvil amulet

Here is my Character with his items
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Yipp
Yipp_Ultimatium

Here is my POB https://pastebin.com/KLmW0AUn
Updated 6/22/21 11PM CST

Regarding possible addition of Minions, in your 3.14 build you included a Stone Golem and a Holy Relic, I tried them and they die due to lack of resists, however we can remove Ruthless or Empower supporting Herald of Purity/War Banner and Leap Slam, use Holy Relic with Meat Shield (high Int requirement) or Stone Golem (with Decay for damage or Elemental Army for resists) which would be summoned by CWTD associated with Molten Shell. I think both of those changes could be easily done if a player would prefer to include them, however without resists (accuracy may be an issue for Stone Golem?) minions die frequently. BTW I am experimenting with additions of minions now so I will provide informed feedback after I experiment more.

Wrecker, if you could review the POB and make suggestions on where to improve it I would be very appreciative!

A quick note on Surprise Party… I tried to play a version I created using a Guardian and I could not stop dying. The problem is not the build but the player. I am so used to diving into the battle… stopping to pick up items, being lazy and casual etc… and Surprise Party requires me to be a wee bit more careful…. than I normally am, so my review is, I need to play one character a league and if I play a minion build I need to learn those skills and master them to give a fair review of this build.

I am also looking at making a "simpler" version of Mooselini's Holy Relic build https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2717739/page/1 It has 8,000 life uses Holy Relics exclusively for damage. His build requires multiple cluster jewels & taking the time to understand & implement attack speed break points for activation skill for optimum performance. Cobbling together this build now to see if I can dumb it down, for simple old Yipp!

UPDATE 6/22/21 11PM CST added low level Vulnerability+Frost Bomb+Cold SnapCWDT removing Leap slam & Increased Duration from Molten Shell, putting Molten Shell in my mouse left click/movement slot will test how this improves the build, should have tried this before level 94 :) What this does is add Frenzy charges to the build as well as slow life and ES regeneration on mobs.

Additional Update 6/23/21 8AM
Optimizing Passive tree, reallocated points from start off physical damage to pick up dex saving 2 points took 1 point from life and armor off of Warlord and using these 3 points to start picking up the Axe Node Cleave for more damage/bleed damage. Its also possible in future seasons to use reallocated points earlier to pick up a 30 Dex or 30 Int node to making gearing ALOT easier or grabbing resist or adding another Jewel, all with the idea to make the build easier to assemble. Improving Endurance Charges is another option.

Optimized Passive tree https://pastebin.com/vmSD9uSP
Last edited by Yipp on Jun 23, 2021, 2:35:35 PM
"
Yipp wrote:
Spoiler
Yipp’s version of Trigger Happy for 3.14

Wrecker, here is my review of Trigger Happy for 3.14, I am at 94 and I am the toughest character in POE.

I have 5346 life, can’t be; Stunned, Bleed, Hindered, Corrupted Blood, or Maimed, at 83% Physical Cap, at 90% while fortify is up, with 82% chance to Block attack and spell damage, and all my resistances are capped. However, all that protection is really heavy, so I rely on the nice folks and monsters of Wraeclast to repeatedly hit me so they “trigger” my auto attacks, which make me “happy”.

It was a journey to get here… still working on making the build better, added awakened gems today Brutality, Melee Physical Damage, Deadly Ailments. I am an imperfect ambassador for your build however as I really do not understand many of the basic concepts and mechanics of POE and do not craft (beyond Harvest & workbench) and to be honest do not have the bandwidth to figure it all out on my own.

In game play is as you might expect, I leisurely stroll down my map, yes all maps are mine, I just let the monsters live there as long as they pay their rent… On Time! Kill all monsters, stop to pick up pretty items, while I am stopped monsters hit me… and they die, then arrive at the boss, announce myself “hey its me” and proceed to evict him/it/them from my map. With Maven interfering it can sometimes take a bit longer, but outcome is not in doubt. All Conquerors and Mastermind Catarina are easy, bosses with a movement mechanic are another matter, I just can’t move fast enough to avoid, its player error not character error. (which is when I use boss services). Where this build really shines is in Heist, as almost nothing can hurt me. When the alarm goes off, my comrades and I leisurely walk out killing mobs as we go, stopping as needed to open a chest or pick up a drop.

In 3.14 Bladestorm got a Bleed mechanic so I decided to try that out, without knowing the mechanics, breakpoints etc… taking the bleed passives available to me. Jack, The Axe and its bleed/regenerate feature was explained on a Video by Badger and it was cheap so I used one of those until last week when I replaced it with a higher damage Axe (losing the Regen of Jack, The Axe) I bought for 1 Exalt.

Things I know I don’t know:
1. Would Lacerate be better than Bladestorm with this bleed build?
2. Would another melee skill be better using straight Physical DPS, rather than relying on bleed?
3. How can I get more life, any obvious thing I am missing?
4. Are there better Gem choices than the ones I made?

Things I did intentionally to make my playing less stressful:
1. Chose not to take Vaal Pact halving my leech rate to retain my 300 LPS Regen and the Regen feature from Jack, The Axe, and it allows me to equip a Stone Golem, Holy Relic, and Vitality Aura to run Eternal Labyrinths immune to traps (along with my 90% physical cap). Now that I switched out of Jack, The Axe and stopped running labs, I am considering enabling Vaal Pact wondering if giving up 300 regen is worth the benefit from Vaal with all my other mitigation and selected leech nodes?
2. Craiceann’s armor set, both makes things easier and harder, easier because of all the buffs, harder because the ONLY place you get resists and life are Rings, Belt, Jewels and the armor set has a 25% Mana reservation.
3. Chose not to use cluster jewels this league.

Biggest issues with my version of Trigger Happy
1. Mana reservation issues, can’t use Pride. Its a tough choice, removing War Banner and Herald of Purity is not enough, removing Flesh and Stone with Blood and Sand is not enough. The combined buff of these lesser effects is greater than Pride so no Pride.
2. Intelligence issues from Enlighten 96 INT required, which I can only get from Rings or Jewels (its possible to use Enlighten at lvl 3 reducing intelligence requirement, however mana management issues creep in)
3. No Vulnerability curse. Just can’t fit it in. I could replace Brutality and Melee Physical Damage in the Riposte/Vengeance group for Hextouch and Vulnerability, however decided that was not the best option and have not found a ring with Vulnerability on it and enough resists to keep me capped. Is this the right choice?

Things I am working on
1. Rings – Trying to get more life
2. Jewel- Trying to upgrade one Jewel to add attack speed or damage
3. Add Catalyst to end game Rings, Belt, Amulet
4. Get another Enlighten Lvl 4 to change Ruthless for Empower in support of Herald of Purity and War Banner
5. Get Anomalous Fortify, Flesh and Stone, Divergent Cast When Damage Taken, Blood and Sand
6. Swap Sovereignty for Charisma Anoint when I get my final Anvil amulet

Here is my Character with his items
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Yipp
Yipp_Ultimatium

Here is my POB https://pastebin.com/q79fSNK4

Regarding possible addition of Minions, in your 3.14 build you included a Stone Golem and a Holy Relic, I tried them and they die due to lack of resists, however we can remove Ruthless or Empower supporting Herald of Purity/War Banner and Leap Slam, use Holy Relic with Meat Shield (high Int requirement) or Stone Golem (with Decay for damage or Elemental Army for resists) which would be summoned by CWTD associated with Molten Shell. I think both of those changes could be easily done if a player would prefer to include them, however without resists (accuracy may be an issue for Stone Golem?) minions die frequently. BTW I am experimenting with additions of minions now so I will provide informed feedback after I experiment more.

Wrecker, if you could review the POB and make suggestions on where to improve it I would be very appreciative!

A quick note on Surprise Party… I tried to play a version I created using a Guardian and I could not stop dying. The problem is not the build but the player. I am so used to diving into the battle… stopping to pick up items, being lazy and casual etc… and Surprise Party requires me to be a wee bit more careful…. than I normally am, so my review is, I need to play one character a league and if I play a minion build I need to learn those skills and master them to give a fair review of this build.

I am also looking at making a "simpler" version of Mooselini's Holy Relic build https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2717739/page/1 It has 8,000 life uses Holy Relics exclusively for damage. His build requires multiple cluster jewels & taking the time to understand & implement attack speed break points for activation skill for optimum performance. Cobbling together this build now to see if I can dumb it down, for simple old Yipp!

That was awesome feedback Yipp! That's very helpful! I won't be able to review the Pastebin right away but I will when I can. Thanks for such a detailed reply. I'll be scouring it and comparing it to everything else. Thank you so much!

Annnnnd

Wrecker,

Just some quick additional feedback on minions. Messed around with a 3 link Holy Relic + Meat Shield + Minion Damage, and it really is pointless without passive skill support and more gems. Too few resistance, too little damage when alive, 100 ish regen really not noticeable, Stone Golem is worse because it needs accuracy, unlike Holy Relic. Ends up being more of a distraction summoning it when is dies... again... than a help.

The use of Molten Shell is up for debate as well, being that the build is already tough, a case can be made for a 4 L Riposte + Chance to Bleed and 4 L Vengeance + Pulverise, but that would be turning the current 4L setup containing both into 2x4L setups for a small return.

In a nutshell there are 3 to 4 skill gem slots available to be put to better use, just needs more creative mind than mine to figure it out... Get to work! :)

UPDATE 6/22/21 11PM CST added low level Vulnerability+Frost Bomb+Cold SnapCWDT removing Leap slam & Increased Duration from Molten Shell, putting Molten Shell in my mouse left click/movement slot will test how this improves the build, should have tried this before level 94 :) What this does is add Frenzy charges to the build as well as slow life and ES regeneration on mobs.

Additional Update 6/23/21 8AM
Optimizing Passive tree, reallocated points from start off physical damage to pick up dex saving 2 points took 1 point from life and armor off of Warlord and using these 3 points to start picking up the Axe Node Cleave for more damage/bleed damage. Its also possible in future seasons to use reallocated points earlier to pick up a 30 Dex or 30 Int node to making gearing ALOT easier or grabbing resist or adding another Jewel, all with the idea to make the build easier to assemble. Improving Endurance Charges is another option.

Optimized Passive tree https://pastebin.com/vmSD9uSP

Posted a thread on reddit to see if I can get any helpful feedback there as well!
https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/o6ecxr/looking_to_optimize_melee_trigger_happy_build_for/

https://www.reddit.com/r/PathOfExileBuilds/comments/o6fr46/looking_to_optimize_melee_trigger_happy_build_for/
Last edited by Yipp on Jun 23, 2021, 2:35:55 PM
"
Yipp wrote:
Spoiler
Wrecker,

Just some quick additional feedback on minions. Messed around with a 3 link Holy Relic + Meat Shield + Minion Damage, and it really is pointless without passive skill support and more gems. Too few resistance, too little damage when alive, 100 ish regen really not noticeable, Stone Golem is worse because it needs accuracy, unlike Holy Relic. Ends up being more of a distraction summoning it when is dies... again... than a help.

The use of Molten Shell is up for debate as well, being that the build is already tough, a case can be made for a 4 L Riposte + Chance to Bleed and 4 L Vengeance + Pulverise, but that would be turning the current 4L setup containing both into 2x4L setups for a small return.

In a nutshell there are 3 to 4 skill gem slots available to be put to better use, just needs more creative mind than mine to figure it out... Get to work! :)
Awesome! Thanks! Good points.

Annnnnd

On this thread in reddit some very helpful feedback and a redesigned POB is offered.

https://www.reddit.com/r/PathOfExileBuilds/comments/o6fr46/looking_to_optimize_melee_trigger_happy_build_for/

POB https://pastebin.com/Y2YeKjPN

Many of his changes I really liked and will be tinkering with my build accordingly.

Really appreciate how helpful our POE community is!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info