Iron Will Keystone?

Iron Grip and Blood Magic are both passive nodes and gems, are there plans to make Iron will into a passive node as well? I think that would be a good addition...
IGN: FemmeFatality
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Iron Will would just be a free damage bonus. There is no requirement besides a skill point. Either your skill plan takes you near it and you pick it up, or you just ignore it because it's not worth the points.

Iron Grip requires a specific setup; you need Strength, you want multiplicative damage bonuses, and most importantly: you need a Bow that doesn't deal horrible Physical damage. That alone makes it suit a specific playstyle, and Iron Will just cannot do that if it's a carbon copy of Iron Grip.
You could make it so it only boosts physical spell damage (EK, Bear Trap, Shockwave etc).
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
"
dudiobugtron wrote:
You could make it so it only boosts physical spell damage (EK, Bear Trap, Shockwave etc).

Yes, let's give EK and Bear Trap a targeted buff. What could possibly go wrong?
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Apr 3, 2013, 6:50:27 PM
And they are both so under-powered ...
Man does not stop playing because he grows old. He grows old because he stops playing. - Oliver Wendell Holmes
Iron Will Keystone is it expected?
Not a fan of this idea. Iron Grip isn't a proper keystone either - it's more of a beefed-up notable.
I agree. Physical and crit builds have very high dps. Magic builds can get some love sure.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
Iron Will would just be a free damage bonus. There is no requirement besides a skill point. Either your skill plan takes you near it and you pick it up, or you just ignore it because it's not worth the points.

Point blank is a free 50% more multiplier, but nobody complains about it. Iron Will would make perfect sense.

Support.

While I know technically point blank has the downside of lower damage at further distances, this is only academic - in practice, almost every enemy in the game tries to get as close as possible as fast as possible so you almost always receive the bonus damage from it
Last edited by Hemmingfish on Dec 31, 2014, 10:46:07 AM
"
Vipermagi wrote:
Iron Will would just be a free damage bonus.

As well as Iron Grip. For a character, that uses bow/wand, Iron Grip is just a free damage boost. Sadly, when you have around 100-150 STR (enough for using most gems and armour), you get +20-30% increased physical damage bonus from Iron Grip, so it is barely worth 2 skillpoints, and is usually ignored.

For "general" caster, Iron Will gives just the same +20-30% spelldamage, it's worth no more than 3 skillspoints, so if players need to spend more that 2 skillspoints for it, they will ignore "iron will", generally.

"
While I know technically point blank has the downside of lower damage at further distances, this is only academic - in practice, almost every enemy in the game tries to get as close as possible as fast as possible so you almost always receive the bonus damage from it

That isnt generally true. Some ranged attacks can hit enemies not even visible on screen. The "breakpoint" distance of 35 (when point blank gives 0 benefit) isnt so long, really.

It's all about your playstyle. I play ranged to keep enemies at distance, so i prefer NOT to take Point Blank. But some use ranged just to "counter" annoying desync and have larger AoE. For them, point blank provides a nice boost to damage.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Last edited by MortalKombat3 on Dec 31, 2014, 6:31:49 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info