Why my ROA Marauder DPS is so low with 3000 Health :( ?

Hi all, Here is my marauder stat. My build is copied from Endgame ROA post in this forum. I often see people's ROA DPS reach 10k easily.

lvl : 77
HP : 3000
ROA DPS : 1783 ( without any aura)
Ice Shot : 1628 ( without any aura )
Armour : 4064 ( without any aura )
Life Regen : 135 /s ( without any aura )

Here is my gear. I only have a 5L chest and i placed ROA into the 5L already. The rest are all 4L.
Spoiler

And here is my build
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAnEEswUtDH0OrRB_FE0VIBjbGS4ZhRm0GjgdFCFgJKon7SlPKaUqTSzpMgkyfjKJNuk8LT8nQKBDnEp9UFBUSVXGVw1X4lhjWfNbr18_YEtmnmegbqp07XTxdud35Xq4eu-Cm4M4h3aMz49GkFWeuZ7NogCnCKeErKquk7c-uJO53b6nwBrE9saexq7G2MrTzZjPZdDQ0iHUj9lh3Q3exuNq51LnY-pi7DjvDu9O73zyL_JF9kj6sfrS_MX-Cg==

I know i am using 3 Unique which is not appropriate for my ROA DPS to be skyhigh. But, if i replace all my unique to rare, my DPS can reach 10k with ease??? Since this morning i just used 30 Regret to change my build i dont want to waste 30Ex to come up nothing. Thank you guys :)

Please advice me what should i do First , in order to reach 10 K DPS (i am not rich enough to buy a 6L chest or 5L Lioneye Unique bow :( )

Last edited by s0310073 on Apr 3, 2013, 4:45:40 AM
Swap out life leech in your chest for WED. Bam. Problem solved.

I also went and made your build Better by removing 16% HP and 10 int to get you 20% more WED, which, with auras, will actually give you like at minimum, a 300-400 paper DPS boost.

Also, as you said, your Helmet and Gloves suck massive ass.

And more importantly, you're too focused on paper DPS, which is really stupid. You shouldn't care about your "DPS". You need to actually worry about each hit damage, which is NOT the stupid paper DPS that will get you screwed over.

Who gives a damn if you have 7k Paper DPS to my 5k Paper DPS. If it takes you 1s to kill that crowd because you need to fire 2 shots whereas I kill them in .5s because I only need to fire once, then I win in speed.

If my one crit one-shots a rare mob whereas you're spending 3s firing with your "7k" DPS, then I win.

Paper DPS sucks. Stop relying on it and learn what skills fit in what niche. RoA doesn't care about stated DPS. It cares about doing massive metric tons of damage in 1-2 hits, not sustain firing for several seconds.

If I were you, I'd straight-up dump every atk spd passive and item and work on getting things with actual damage on them, such as the 61% elemental damage nodes you're really close to. Or maybe Point Blank which straight-up buffs your Damage by 50% if the enemy is near melee range.
IGN: Troheim

Item Shop: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/368180
WOoooo thanks for replying with detail, really appreciate to do that for a stranger like me :)))))) But still i got a few questions.

First, if i remove life leech and 16% HP, my HP will even become lower, in which i may not be able to clear DOCK with ease.....

And second, i got your point about paper DPS :P, but i am just a little curious about how those people out there can have a HIGH PAPER DPS. Isn't a HIGH PAPER DPS imply a EVEN HIGHER? and DPS should include per second term already :)

Anyway i will try your passive skill way to 61 % ele dmg and PB :)))))))))) Thanks again!!!!!!!

By the way where is to 61% ele dmg Node???? I couldnt find it :P
Last edited by s0310073 on Apr 3, 2013, 5:20:07 AM
I'd do as evantide2 said and do WED first, lvl it up and work on your helmet/gloves (I personally don't mind them). After that you can report back and take drastic steps like reworking your passive tree (but I would dump the 5 points you spent to reach Lava Lash, too many points for too little).
Argh thank you guys you all are so nice :) Now i am in progress, though still a long way to reach 10k DPS.......

Revised first time (by putting WED GEM):
lvl : 77
HP : 2753
ROA DPS : 2706 ( without any aura)
Ice Shot : 2613 ( without any aura )
Armour : 4055 ( without any aura )
Life Regen : 96.8 /s ( without any aura )

Skill tree revised as well. I decided to go for BM since Anger , Wrath and Grace with Blood Magic Gem cost 1k HP, which i cant afford ......
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAecEswUtDH0OrRB_FE0VIBjbGS4ZtBo4HRQhYCftKU8ppSpNLOkyCTJ-Mok26DbpOlI8LT8nQKBDnEp9UFBUSVXGVw1X4lhjWfNbr18_YEtmnmegbqp08Xbnd-V6uIKbgziHdozPj0aQVZ65ns2iAKcIpzCnhKyqrpO3PriTud2-p8AaxPbGnsauxtjK082Yz2XQ0NIh1I_ZYd0N3sbfv-Nq51LnY-pi7DjvDu9O73zyL_JF9kj6sfrS_MX-Cg==

Gear are still the same since i cant see any good gear. But personally i prefer not to change my MF gear since i want to farm currency by farming bandit........

Moreover, where is the 61% Ele dmg Node by the way??? I couldnt find it

Last edited by s0310073 on Apr 3, 2013, 9:11:33 AM
Look into getting Point Blank your only a few points from it and the damage bonus is calculated from the center of the ROA aoe not from the distance from your character.

Its basically a free 50% dmg boost for ROA, but note that that bonus doesn't show up on the tooltip at all but you'll be able to "feel" it.

Hob
Thanks Hob i will try for it once i level up but i think need some time......
2,7k is too low hp hope you dont play hc
yeah i dont play HC :)
Requires a Blood Magic Unique

Build gets you another 45% max life and 61% more WED. You lose 12% atk spd, some Int, and some Dex in exchange.

What this does is let you get access to a ton of ridiculously strong elemental damage nodes that apply to everything instead of just fire. This also lets you get Hatred, which adds another 32% of your Physical as cold damage at rank 20.

What you need to make blood magic anger/grace/wrath manageable is one of the blood magic uniques, more specifically the Covenant chest armor. Make sure your auras are all slotted in some other item. Equip the Covenant and go out to a map. Activate only Anger/Grave/Wrath. Now unequip the Covenant and swap back to your regular chest. This'll keep those 3 on low cost blood magic while letting you still fight at full power.
IGN: Troheim

Item Shop: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/368180

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info