How do you use flasks?

Hello, Exiles!
New league is at the gate and again i try to find a build whuch is not dependent on flasks. So maybe there are some tricks i do not know about flasks usage on consoles? I mean you can press just two shoulder buttons while moving your char. To use either of the rest three flasks you have to move your left thumb from the stick to d-pad. And even then you can press no more than two buttons simultaneously. I loose so much dps or survivability because of this...
So, guys, how do you use flasks on console?

And have a great league anyone!
Last bumped on May 28, 2021, 10:25:40 PM
Yeah I wish there was a different way to use them. I have my most used on shoulder. The other three I just try to get similar duration and slide my thumb over them real quick every 5-6 seconds in combat.
Not ideal but it works.
You have to treat flasking a bit like combo moves in Street Fighter.

L1 <- ^ -> R1 (if you use all of them at once)

Personally, I keep Quicksilver on R1, Life on L1, and utility flasks on the arrows.

If I'm using a build that requires full flask uptime, I use the street fighter method.

Otherwise I just use the utility flasks to burst defense in bad spots, or to burst damage on a boss, if I'm using damage flasks.

I use xbox elite controller. But really they should allow us to group some flasks to one button to alleviate the unbalance in the 3 flask slots.
I have boxing gloves on while playing PoE so I can press all my buttons at once 🤣
hardcore casual.

Playing PoE for years and having fun despite GGG.
"
QQPQ wrote:

If I'm using a build that requires full flask uptime, I use the street fighter method.

Never played street fighter :-) What exctly is this "method"?
I’m on ps5, but still using my ps4 controller since it has the back button attachment, giving you quick access to another 2 flasks. Still one that’s a mess to use..
"
jkmgrhn wrote:
I’m on ps5, but still using my ps4 controller since it has the back button attachment, giving you quick access to another 2 flasks. Still one that’s a mess to use..

Oh. Completely forgot about this device. It may solve the problem. At least partially. Can you config it to press multiple buttons in one click?
"
BigND2k14 wrote:
"
QQPQ wrote:

Never played street fighter :-) What exctly is this "method"?

It's a little tough to explain if you've never played a fighting game.

But, basically, there are moves in fighting games that you do by making a pattern on the D-pad.

For example, one of the moves is Down, Down-Right, Right, button ("x" or whatever). The down,down-right,right thing is a single fluid motion on the d-pad.

So, to use all three center flasks, you do you a sweep across the top of the d-pad: left, left-up, up, up-right, right in a fluid motion.

If you've played the type of games that require these motions, it quite easy to do very very quickly.

So I still have to take my finger off the left stick, but only for a maybe half of a second or less.
Claw your left hand, you can effectively use all flasks after 50 hrs and some bone deformation.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info