Arrogance

"
Nav_GGG wrote:
Post your feedback for this support here.

Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a support.

The Idea is very good, work very well with petrified blood (PB) but PB is not holding damage from Ailment, making the gem useless...
Last edited by mwaluce on Jul 30, 2021, 11:50:43 AM
Just returned to the game after a short break from 3.13.

I made a minion army necro build using auras to stack damage and survivability. It was an acceptable build, nothing fancy and sure didnt break the game in any way, I just enjoy having an army of 70 minions.

This change, although from a while ago, was stupid. As stated, the change makes it so you can only reseve one or 2 auras at best. Prism guardian is the only viable way to reserve life now.

The gem is literally useless, prism guardian gives you more for less.

Just revert this change, it was obviously not quality tested at all, and i cant believe it's still in the game after more than a whole league.
This gem is practically useless and completely broken. You should just take it out of the game.

I used to use it for a slight buff 4 leagues ago when it was actually a minor boost but it now requires an enlighten gem to even be usable.

Requiring 2 support gems just to get a 10-15% buff from life reserve doesn't pan out math wise. The differences between mana and life reservation for each gem are what are ruining it.

L1 Arrogance Support + L1 Zealotry (110% Life Reservation).
L20 Arrogance Support + L20 Zealotry (100.5% Life Reservation).
L20 Arrogance Support + Discipline (27.34% mana reserve vs 70.35% life reserve).
L20 Arrogance Support + Clarity (214mana vs 618 life).
L20 Arrogance Support + Malevolence (100.5% life reserve needed).

"
Nav_GGG wrote:

Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a support.

I'd like to suggest an alternate quality variant of Arrogance support. Where at 20% quality it provides a %100 reservation efficiency bonus making it effectively a 100% reservation multiplier instead of %200, but as a tradeoff it disables mana reservation similar to how Eternal Blessing Support works.

Alternatively, if the game is able to handle it; it could be interesting to maybe do it in 20 5%, 5 %20, or 4 25% chunks rather than no effect until 20%. Like at 5% for example it would provide a 25% efficiency bonus but you can't reserve more than 75% of your total mana pool. and 15% would be a 75% efficiency bonus with you only able to reserve up to 25% of your mana pool.

Or just make it so that the % the attached skill reserves in Life can not be reserved in Mana if the above would be too confusing.

I think breaking it up like that might fix the efficiency multiplayer being a bit absurd while also keeping things balanced by not allowing aura stacking builds to go to crazy, Would also allow for more interesting build diversity for mana intensive builds that utilize things like Indigon, Arch-mage Support, Mind Over Matter / Agnostic, and similar str .

Currently you can do similar things utilizing Prism Guardian anyway and this would allow more options in regards to weapons and shields for builds that either use light or no mana reservation rather than requiring a unique item.

It's also different enough an idea that you could implement it as it's own support gem so that it doesn't also come with the increased aura effect; or otherwise also remove that as part of the cost for the alternate quality if that doesn't ballance out sufficiently with just the mana reservation block.
Last edited by Meabhy on May 26, 2023, 9:34:17 PM
i think this make sense. good idea
"
Meabhy wrote:
"
Nav_GGG wrote:

I'd like to suggest an alternate quality variant of Arrogance support. Where at 20% quality it provides a %100 reservation efficiency bonus making it effectively a 100% reservation multiplier instead of %200, but as a tradeoff it disables mana reservation similar to how Eternal Blessing Support works.

Alternatively, if the game is able to handle it; it could be interesting to maybe do it in 20 5%, 5 %20, or 4 25% chunks rather than no effect until 20%. Like at 5% for example it would provide a 25% efficiency bonus but you can't reserve more than 75% of your total mana pool. and 15% would be a 75% efficiency bonus with you only able to reserve up to 25% of your mana pool.

I think breaking it up like that might fix the efficiency multiplayer being a bit absurd while also keeping things balanced by not allowing aura stacking builds to go to crazy, Would also allow for more interesting build diversity for mana intensive builds that utilize things like Indigon, Arch-mage Support, Mind Over Matter / Agnostic, and similar str .

Currently you can do similar things utilizing Prism Guardian anyway and this would allow more options in regards to weapons and shields for builds that either use light or no mana reservation rather than requiring a unique item.

It's also different enough an idea that you could implement it as it's own support gem so that it doesn't also come with the increased aura effect; or otherwise also remove that as part of the cost for the alternate quality if that doesn't ballance out sufficiently with just the mana reservation block.
Just annoying that when GGG had to crack down on Life/Mana aura stacking builds it immensely impacted Life only reservation; Arrogance helps but requiring such a high multiplier makes things really hard. Drop disabling Clear Mind also hurt :c
The support gem design slogan: Prism Guardian exists, so everyone who dare to reserve life w/o using the item must suffer.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info