Stress-Free PoE! SLOW-MO GUNSLINGER (AW): No Required Items|1-Button Play|SSF League Start-End|3.14

Hello everyone! I hope all is well. It's a beautiful Thursday where I live but lots of rain is coming for the next week and a half. So today was all about prepping the lawn to take advantage of the coming weather. I must leave to get my kids shortly but first, it's guide reply time!

"
Jzilla wrote:
Spoiler
Thanks for this great build guide.
having a lot of fun so far, just hit act 3 made it this far with ethereal knives, animate weapon, zombies and occasional skeletons if things got a bit hectic.

to avoid running out of animated knives at the wrong time, I got into the habit of animating 2-3 knives after each fight.

I did die a few times, but always because I kinda forgot I have health potions, or not finding the 1 key ;-)

Now that I have got spellslingers and desecrate the gameplay has changed markedly.

I only had a couple 3 links that were suitable colours, so have one spellslinger linked to desecrate and spirit offering, and the other to animate weapon and lesser poison (although maybe minion damage would be better??)
basically now left click creates a bunch of corpses, a second click and they all explode.
until i got use to it I was just mashing left click, bodies exploding everywhere, at some point remembering I need knives on the ground to animate and finally right click a couple times to fire some ethereal knives.

at that point I should get into a rhythm of right click twice then left click twice, but by that stage everything's dead and its just me and my zombies and a barrage of exploding corpses on the screen.

hopefully some decent 4links will drop and I can sort this mess out. but even so I am still blasting though packs of mobs and have completed 3-4 trials to boot.

***EDIT***
Have blasted my way through to the library, so now have access to a bunch of skills. and in a couple of 4 links and I am a lot closer to intended playstyle.

kinetic blast on left click to trigger spellslingers.

and bladefall in a 3 link with spellslinger and culling support
and the other SS with animate, minion damage and chaos support

I still run zombies and found a vaal skele - very handy when I charge in without thinking and the shtf ;-)

although I'm now manually popping desecrate and spirit offering - which means I rarely do because who has time to remember how to play properly???? ;-)

I only remember temporal chains because I put it on right click

Does temporal chains stack with despair? or does 1 curse cancel the other??
Awesome Jzilla! (I used to work with a Jzilla long ago...)

I'm glad you're having such a great time and flying through the content. Thanks for passing it on :).

It's hard to make choices while levelling. Which gems is better than the other...I just take what the game gives me (in terms of sockets and gear) and try and level the rest in my 2nd weapon set. Sounds like you're having fun figuring things out as the game gives you a little more at a time. Great job!

In terms of your question, by default characters can only cast one curse. Our ascendancy gives us a second, and a Notable on the tree gives us our third. So until then, curses will overwrite each other; the newest curse will take precedent and erase the older curse. Once you've earned the ability to apply 3 curses to an enemy, all three will be able to impact the enemy at once.

Thanks for the note! I'm glad you're having fun.

Well! What good timing! On a day where I didn't have much personal time, there weren't many replies. Please be sure to message and ask anything you like and I'll be sure to respond in time (others likely will too).

I loved seeing the helpful posts on levelling and how to take on Ultimatums. Thank you everyone for the great suggestions and for taking the time to be so helpful.

You all rock :)
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
Yeah this build seems very flexible on the way up, and as for flying through, well just killed kitava and hit the beach in act 6, considering between work and family I don't get too much time to play.

I was a bit worried in this fight as wasn't sure if there would be enough/any adds to raise zombies in case they all bit the dust. but it was fairly easy, I practicaly stood right beside his hand on the left side the entire fight.

I only had to pop a life flask once or twice when I got too close to the pointy bits ;-)
in the end I had 2 zombies left, I had used skeles as well as vaal skeles when it was up. I didn't have to worry about animated blades as they were constantly renewed through the fight.

also seems RNGesus was smiling on me this act, I got a unique wand (nothing too crazy, but extra stats and socketed gems fire a second projectile), also a large jewel dropped (10 extra passives, each giving 12% increased chaos as well as +2 all attributes).
and finally as I was clearing the reliquary, first the trialmaster drops a chaos on me as the second reward - so I took that and ran. then two more chaos dropped from mobs.

hopefully this luck continues as I need a better chest piece to get more of the build working as intended.

any suggestions for a cheap chest piece <3c, or should I keep them and wait till the end and higher level before buying stuff?
Last edited by Jzilla on Apr 23, 2021, 5:43:57 PM
Hi, so if you could check on my gear and see what could I improve on? I have about a 100C to spend and I'm on my way to red maps so any advice would be great on my gears since I'm a newbie to this game. Also, what passive would you advice beyond level 91?

Also, I'm using your item filter, the 2nd one. Would you recommend going for the 3rd item filter or stay using the 2nd one? I basically have zero idea which items to pickup and sell, I just use Awakened POE Trade program on PC to see which items have some value.

Thank you. I'm enjoying your guide! I used to run your RF guide last league. :)
Last edited by evilsonofgod on Apr 24, 2021, 11:23:53 AM
Shhhh. Don't tell anyone ;). It's Bone Zombie day today but I'm coming to this thread first. I wanted to post that I made a new example video for this guide now that 3.14 is out on console. Here's the link (it has replaced the video in the guide as well).

But I can't come in here and post about a video and then ignore some questions, sooooo...hazaa!

"
Jzilla wrote:
Spoiler
Yeah this build seems very flexible on the way up, and as for flying through, well just killed kitava and hit the beach in act 6, considering between work and family I don't get too much time to play.

I was a bit worried in this fight as wasn't sure if there would be enough/any adds to raise zombies in case they all bit the dust. but it was fairly easy, I practicaly stood right beside his hand on the left side the entire fight.

I only had to pop a life flask once or twice when I got too close to the pointy bits ;-)
in the end I had 2 zombies left, I had used skeles as well as vaal skeles when it was up. I didn't have to worry about animated blades as they were constantly renewed through the fight.

also seems RNGesus was smiling on me this act, I got a unique wand (nothing too crazy, but extra stats and socketed gems fire a second projectile), also a large jewel dropped (10 extra passives, each giving 12% increased chaos as well as +2 all attributes).
and finally as I was clearing the reliquary, first the trialmaster drops a chaos on me as the second reward - so I took that and ran. then two more chaos dropped from mobs.

hopefully this luck continues as I need a better chest piece to get more of the build working as intended.

any suggestions for a cheap chest piece <3c, or should I keep them and wait till the end and higher level before buying stuff?
Cool Jzilla!

Nice progress. That's some sweet luck! It's nice to have a good levelling session every now and then :).

Boots and Amulets are normally what I buy first. I like having my amulets take care of all of my attributes that the tree doesn't provide. And movement speed is a big "fun per hour" factor for me while levelling. Those are things I spend currency on while levelling.

"
evilsonofgod wrote:
Spoiler
Hi, so if you could check on my gear and see what could I improve on? I have about a 100C to spend and I'm on my way to red maps so any advice would be great on my gears since I'm a newbie to this game. Also, what passive would you advice beyond level 91?

Also, I'm using your item filter, the 2nd one. Would you recommend going for the 3rd item filter or stay using the 2nd one? I basically have zero idea which items to pickup and sell, I just use Awakened POE Trade program on PC to see which items have some value.

Thank you. I'm enjoying your guide! I used to run your RF guide last league. :)
Hey evilsonofgod!

Nice to see you :). I'm glad you're having fun so far.

In terms of gear upgrades, the basics can all be upgraded. You have some awesome gear with links and mods, but the basics, such as life rolls, can be improved a lot. So maybe, look for a 6-L chest that has isn't corrupted, has a great life roll, and maybe an empty affix? I normally don't worry about resists on a 6=L, though I'm happy to have them, as 6-L items are hard to find. Resists are easy to make up in other places. Having an empty affix can help with filling in gaps too. That's where I'd start. After that, look at your gear and start trying to get your gear with 75+ life on everything, while still having the necessities for everything else.

I'll likely never get beyond 91 myself. But if I did, I'd likely start aiming for Spiritual Aid and Spiritual Command. I think they'd have some nice value to quality of life and survivability.

In terms of filters, only move up when you're really annoyed with #2. Right now, you need lots of higher basic rolls on your gear so I wouldn't move to filter 3 until you're really happy with your current set and find it hard to replace. I know it may be annoying having all those items show, but you want the chance to improve your gear...unless you're just going to buy it all. I don't design my filter for trade though. So it's not going to screw at you when you should pick something up to sell. Lots of that just comes from knowing the game really well and having played so many different builds that you know what good for each of them. It'll come.

Hopefully this helped a bit. I'm glad you're having fun!

Alright! Have a good weekend everyone. See you Tuesday.

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
I really like that build, big KUDOS to you for creating it and for the guide!

Had a few issues in Late-Game Maps (maps itself were quite easy - but issues with Ultimatum Trials) - 6k life - 25%dr and 77allres (stacked up to above 100) with 340life reg and all 3 curses - + granit and basalt -> 75% dr) - still was hard to stay alive in those trial situations.

Suddenly you got hit with something big (does not matter if running or standing still) and your life drops down to 20-40% - if you are unlucky, you'll just die afterwards, if lucky, you can blink away and get enough time to heal yourself.

But that's where to problem begins, if you blink/move away, your minions will follow you and while following, die (which leaves a lot of minions stacked in the small trial area and is even harder for the remaining swords to stay alive) - even if you move - cast - move - cast, you minions will die.

I found a solution for myself though and wanted to share it with this thread -> i switched in "Forbidden Taste Quartz Flask" Unique flask - and i can no longer die in trials - if i pop that flask - i get out of those 20-40% drop situations, while all enemies die to another explosion -> chaos dmg over time while flask is active is not doing anything - life stays at 100% -> life reg and chaos res are able to cancel it out completely.

Since i made the switch to that flask - i complete every challenge up to Tier 10 - i just begun to map, have not made it past Tier10 because i did not get any higher maps till now.
ING: NeoImmortal
Last edited by Cha0s14788 on Apr 25, 2021, 12:47:19 AM
Hello, first of all thanks for that amazing setup, i have just one important stupid question: in the passive tree i read 'u cant be stunned, but u cant evade enemy's attack':

so what am i missing? why i see also evasion stats in your gear?

i mean, why just dont go for full armour gear, considering that point on the tree?

Thanks for ur time :D
"
mascherato wrote:
Hello, first of all thanks for that amazing setup, i have just one important stupid question: in the passive tree i read 'u cant be stunned, but u cant evade enemy's attack':

i mean, why just dont go for full armour gear, considering that point on the tree?

I cant answer exactly for Wrecker, but I also happen to have some evasion on my gear because I care more about the stats on the item then the type of defense the base happens to be.

Ideally we want Armour and Energy only and no evasion but it can be hard to find those exact items with the stats we want.
"
mascherato wrote:

From what I know, green sockets show more on dex armors (which has evasion). It's not impossible to get on other gears, but you'll have to spend a lot of chromatic or be very lucky to get 3 green and 3 blues in a pure STR armor.
Thanks everybody,

so, if i understood: u cant evade enemy attacks (cause point on passive tree) and no matter how much evasion u have on ur gear cause its really hard to have only armour on ur stats. (but we would like to have only armour and no evasion, if we could)

i just need one more advice, i swap the setup [spirit offering-desecrate-puryfing] on my wand that can "trigger a socket spell when i use a skill" (i like that way to cast gems)---> now on my boots and i have [blasfemy-temporal chain-flame dash]:

can i ask u some good gems to finish my 4 link? (actually im looking for something wich would save me from 1 shoot death, a problem im having in the current league... ) , but i ll hear also more aggressive chooise for that final gem.

Thanks again ^^
Hello everyone! I hope all is well. I've just had a busy morning of chores so I'm looking for a break. Let's see what we have today...

"
Cha0s14788 wrote:
Spoiler
I really like that build, big KUDOS to you for creating it and for the guide!

Had a few issues in Late-Game Maps (maps itself were quite easy - but issues with Ultimatum Trials) - 6k life - 25%dr and 77allres (stacked up to above 100) with 340life reg and all 3 curses - + granit and basalt -> 75% dr) - still was hard to stay alive in those trial situations.

Suddenly you got hit with something big (does not matter if running or standing still) and your life drops down to 20-40% - if you are unlucky, you'll just die afterwards, if lucky, you can blink away and get enough time to heal yourself.

But that's where to problem begins, if you blink/move away, your minions will follow you and while following, die (which leaves a lot of minions stacked in the small trial area and is even harder for the remaining swords to stay alive) - even if you move - cast - move - cast, you minions will die.

I found a solution for myself though and wanted to share it with this thread -> i switched in "Forbidden Taste Quartz Flask" Unique flask - and i can no longer die in trials - if i pop that flask - i get out of those 20-40% drop situations, while all enemies die to another explosion -> chaos dmg over time while flask is active is not doing anything - life stays at 100% -> life reg and chaos res are able to cancel it out completely.

Since i made the switch to that flask - i complete every challenge up to Tier 10 - i just begun to map, have not made it past Tier10 because i did not get any higher maps till now.
Awesome Cha0s14788!

That's great to hear! I appreciate you passing it on. Nice addition to the build. Thanks for your kind words! I'm glad you're liking the build so much. Feel free to keep us posted as you progress if you like.

"
mascherato wrote:
Spoiler

Awesome mascherato! I'm glad you're having a good time. Thanks for your thanks :).

Thanks everyone for your great responses too! So in response to your question...

Being stunned can kill you TONS in this game...especially with builds that don't want to spam buttons all the time, like this one. So selecting Unwavering Stance on the tree was "a must" for this build. The consequence of that is that we can't Evade Attacks. So that does render ALL of our Evasion stats pointless. So if you see any Evasion on my gear, it's just incidental. It's not there on purpose.
(As mentioned in my Tips for New Folks, certain colour sockets have a great chance of rolling on their associated base type. So in our case for Animate Weapon, we want blue and green gems in our 6-link. As ES gear has a greater chance to roll blue sockets and Evasion gear has a better chance to roll green sockets, we're more likely to find the 6-Link we're looking for with an ES/EV base.)

Does that help at all?

Oh, and for your other question, the gem suggestion, maybe try Void Sphere? It has a long cooldown but it really seems to be perfect for Ultimatums.

Thanks everyone for your kindness both to me and others. I hope everyone is having a great 3.14 and more importantly, I hope you're doing well (in real life).

Annnnnd

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info