[3.21] Cold Conversion Summoner | Build guides for all budgets | (Ghazzy Zoomancer)

What's the reason for picking up Glancing Blows in Low-High Budget setups? Mathematically speaking, anything above 35% chance to block 100% damage is always going to be better than 75% chance to block 35% damage. In the low budget version in the PoB, your EHP even doubles by disabling Glancing Blows.

Am I misunderstanding something? Is it to maximize the usefulness of the %HP on block mods? If so, is restoring 5% HP on block better than 65% damage you're taking?
PoE players: Our game has a wide diversity of builds.

Also PoE players: The [league mechanic] doesn't need to be nerfed, you just need to play a [current meta] build!

MFers found strength in their Afflictions. They became reliant on them. I am not so foolish.
Last edited by Pizzarugi on Sep 6, 2022, 12:35:17 PM
Im getting one shot a lot....Barely red map and struggling....can someone help me?
Last edited by tonyvn1 on Sep 10, 2022, 7:49:31 PM
"
tonyvn1 wrote:
Im getting one shot a lot....Barely red map and struggling....can someone help me?

There are more details needed to support. I checked your profile and you have no Char who is using this build. Can you share the char you are struggeling with?
Anyone have an idea of when to swap to Dialla's? According to my POB I lose 4m dps when dropping Skin of the Lords with EE.
I think skin is the better armor since it give defense and 2+ to all gems unless you got the corrupted dialla which give extra +2 minion socket level
How do you proc frostbite on the ring, by the way? Looking over the low budget version of the PoB, I noticed there's no skills being used which hit enemies in order to activate the mark. I could've sworn back in the day that the Signal Prey skill of Predator would do it, but it no longer seems to work.

Also PoE players: The [league mechanic] doesn't need to be nerfed, you just need to play a [current meta] build!

MFers found strength in their Afflictions. They became reliant on them. I am not so foolish.
Last edited by Pizzarugi on Sep 17, 2022, 12:14:12 AM
Also, I could use some help on what I'm doing wrong. By importing my current build to PoB, I'm seeing maybe 8m DPS and 300k EHP despite currently running on a low budget version of the build.

Since my profile is set to private, here's a copy of my current build's PoB: https://pastebin.com/LjfM6mBQ

The build isn't complete and doesn't meet exact gear specifications, mostly on account of the fact that most of the items I need simply doesn't exist in trade. I also don't have an Animate Guardian running yet, but even if I was and geared it according to the guide, the DPS only goes up to 13m.

I've sunk maybe 25div into the build so far, but I still feel far too fragile and my minions too weak in damage to run any map tiers higher than 8. I could really use some advice on how to proceed. Hell I'd like to know how people are expected to make so much currency that my current budget is considered "low budget" according to this guide.

"
Pizzarugi wrote:
Also, I could use some help on what I'm doing wrong. By importing my current build to PoB, I'm seeing maybe 8m DPS and 300k EHP despite currently running on a low budget version of the build.

Since my profile is set to private, here's a copy of my current build's PoB: https://pastebin.com/LjfM6mBQ

The build isn't complete and doesn't meet exact gear specifications, mostly on account of the fact that most of the items I need simply doesn't exist in trade. I also don't have an Animate Guardian running yet, but even if I was and geared it according to the guide, the DPS only goes up to 13m.

I've sunk maybe 25div into the build so far, but I still feel far too fragile and my minions too weak in damage to run any map tiers higher than 8. I could really use some advice on how to proceed. Hell I'd like to know how people are expected to make so much currency that my current budget is considered "low budget" according to this guide.

I drop about around that much also...I'm doing juice t15 pretty well...if you need help you can pm me in game TonyVnn...don't follow the guide directly...is outdated
"
tonyvn1 wrote:
don't follow the guide directly...is outdated

Is the 3.19 version not reliable as well? If so, it's a bummer, because I was running off of that.

The build was terrific for act content, at least. Smoothest experience I've had in a long time.

"
Pizzarugi wrote:
What's the reason for picking up Glancing Blows in Low-High Budget setups? Mathematically speaking, anything above 35% chance to block 100% damage is always going to be better than 75% chance to block 35% damage. In the low budget version in the PoB, your EHP even doubles by disabling Glancing Blows.

Am I misunderstanding something? Is it to maximize the usefulness of the %HP on block mods? If so, is restoring 5% HP on block better than 65% damage you're taking?

I think non-heavily block invested builds that are using aegis aurora take glancing blows to proc the aegis aurora's es on block mod. I don't prefer glancing because as a necromancer it is way easier for us to reach 65+ attack and 75+ spell block with 1 wheel and 1 mastery investment in block.
Aracne guarding + block mastery + offering effect + divergent bone offering could offer us a way better defence system than glancing blows could ever do.

At least that's my preferred defence system as a necro.

I should add, even without a surrender or aegis non-glancing blow build rocks. I found it a better defence system with the smallest investment into it, it also takes less point on your tree IMO, with sanctuary node being annointed.
Trust your mind and strengthen your abilities!
Last edited by MrsDeath_ on Sep 18, 2022, 1:12:52 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info